It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anywhere someone in the US can go to just get away from it all NOW?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Head to Hopi country. The Four Corners area. I'd stay out of Utah though...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb3084c50ab0.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

No, not in the military anymore, and only have myself to look out for.

Will look into your links, as a good place to start. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I have to say this sort of thinking interests me greatly.. and i would like to know how many other people out there are willing to do the Same. That is Pick up with everything useful for surviving the best possible way or joining someone who is like minded and leave now?? If you feel this way, reply.

Has anyone heard of websites called couchsitting.. In nutshell is a site where people travelling can stay for free on a persons couch.. Be interesting to see if website could be made for various people all over the world who are like minded who wish to be with someone else or group of people near or in a area they wish to go. Bringing assets and skills togethor. Having this information posted of people looking and people who believe they are in a good area already..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Head to Hopi country. The Four Corners area. I'd stay out of Utah though...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb3084c50ab0.gif[/atsimg]

Yep. Hopi country is an area I plan to pilgrimage to. Maybe I will see you there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Come to Saskatchewan!!

With the exception of the odd blizzard, nothing ever happens here. We don't even change the clocks back. Hell, the only thing we ever change is our underwear and those incidences are negligible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

you want to get away from the big cities. know if your living in one. think about if a major situation happened that sends people into panic mode and you trying to get out along with how many hundreds of thousands of others? You need to be out there venturing around finding your BOP=bug out place, (lol my little joke to me) personally I have been doing my home work for many years. ANd being this is the inernational internet I dont want to share exact locations in the forum and im sur emost people feel the same. But as one poster stated you need to get involved with yoru neighbors to make a emergency plan. peace
edit on 22-3-2011 by wlmgsmn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You could always just give away all Earthly posessions and retreat to one of the many places outside of the U.S. that are beautiful, desolate landscapes flowing with energy reminiscent of retrospective feelings, and revel in memory while building a new future for yourself. That's what i'm thinkin.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You could always just give away all Earthly posessions and retreat to one of the many places outside of the U.S. that are beautiful, desolate landscapes flowing with energy reminiscent of retrospective feelings, and revel in memory while building a new future for yourself. That's what i'm thinkin.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Become a WWOOF-er!

Willing Workers On Organic Farms

www.wwoof.org
www.wwoofusa.org

Or look into "community" living:

www.ic.org
www.intentionalcommunity.org

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Thank you for the info. Definitely worth looking into.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Come to Saskatchewan!!

With the exception of the odd blizzard, nothing ever happens here. We don't even change the clocks back. Hell, the only thing we ever change is our underwear and those incidences are negligible.

So, I'd want to stay upwind of...everyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I know the feeling

I would recommend to check this website out.
www.2012forum.com

People there discuss how to survive and there are communities from all over the world.
2012forum.com...
USA has 11 pages

People are discussing how to get together and build a new life. Many are already doing it. Good luck! We will have a very hard time soon but we will win and survive. We just have to be smart and ready.
Peace and Love to all of you!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
in the usa? probably no where to go...but if you find a place PLEASE let me know. There are large chunks of land in s/n dakota that they are giving away..seriously..giving it away but you would still have property tax, blah blah blah.

Out of the USA? idk? maybe uruguay? i mean no one EVER hears anything about uruguay.

I second Uruguay as well as Costa Rica (up in the mountains)

CR does not have an army, the cops are mainly concentrated in the main cities and not everything is criminalized there and those things that are can be taken care of with a few colones ($).

I am doing heavy research about Uruguay as the qualifications to get legal visas there is to make at least $500 US a month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join