It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anywhere someone in the US can go to just get away from it all NOW?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Not sure if this should maybe be in the Survival forum, but since I haven't made a formal introduction, this seems a good spot as well.

Hi everyone,

While I just recently joined ATS, I’ve enjoyed reading about the (mostly) on-topic discussions about events going in the world today.

About three years ago, I began to have this sinking feeling that things just “aren’t right”. So, I began researching. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, so I looked into pretty much everything: end-times prophecy, NWO, aliens, corporate greed, Jesus, ancient aliens, all of the above combined, etc. Now, three years later, I feel like one of the investigators in an H. P. Lovecraft novel screaming while running into the night.

I can see the collapse coming, am tired of the lies in the government and MSM, and am pretty much a loner at this point because I just can’t stand being around the mass of people that just wander through life all day long like everything is fine (I’m in L.A. right now, and it’s just life as usual for everyone).

So here’s my question: Is there anywhere in the U.S. I can go NOW and just walk away from it all? Just drive there with minimal gear, walk into the woods (or mountains, or desert, or wherever) and not look back? I’m ready to go, and while I now that TSWHTF soon, I’m tired of waiting around. I can’t buy land (being in the military never paid that much, and living in L.A. has cost too much to really get ahead).

Serious responses only, please. And not just “keep your chin up” or “turn to Jesus” stuff. Actionable plans/areas are what I’m looking for, and I’d be willing to “earn my keep” (not THAT way, for any pervs that might be lurking) if someone has a suitable area I can relocate to.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why not move you and your immediate family out of that country altogether if you are that worried?

EDIT: Welcome to ATS
Keep your chin up.
edit on 22-3-2011 by And3h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If your restricting yourself to the US than I would say Alaska, but if you want to venture further then I would say Australian outback is your best bet, you will probably get bored quite quickly though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Go to Canada.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My wife, mother, kids, brother and I are all ready to join in, and I am deadly serious.

We've been searching for a plot of land somewhere that we can start a new life and have laid out plans for power, water, food support, etc. However, finding a spot to DO it in is not easy... at all.

Perfect place would be an acre or two of land near woods and fresh water (lake or stream). Would prefer somewhere to the southern portion of the US, since living in Indiana winters has gotten tiring, and having a longer period of time to grow food/etc on would be a great thing to have

We're still searching...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
find a forest, build a cabin, and chill

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to say the "where" you are going so much as the "who". Going it alone, even with all the survival knowledge and experience in the world will allow you to outlast others, but at what cost? Your sanity? I would suggest finding like-minded people in your area. Those who are already affluent in the affairs of the naturalist/survivalist variety, with ample hiking, mountaineering, and the like. Get a really close knit group ready so if SHTF you would be more than prepared. Associating with these peers would probably also provide the knowledge you are looking for anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lybia?
2nd

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
you should just wait and let it happen naturally... that's what i'm doing

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
in the usa? probably no where to go...but if you find a place PLEASE let me know. There are large chunks of land in s/n dakota that they are giving away..seriously..giving it away but you would still have property tax, blah blah blah.

Out of the USA? idk? maybe uruguay? i mean no one EVER hears anything about uruguay.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

If you're in LA then surely you can go outside towards the Mojave area not too far from the city. Atleast you can cultivate good crops and plants for survival in addition to warmer weather and catch animals for survival.

Do not read too deep into ATS threads would be my advice to you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Arizona. There is a wide variety of temperature and elevation ranges, so you can spend the winter in the warmer parts and spend the summer in the cooler parts. Lots of beautiful places and large state parks and such. Its not all desert and cactus.

In April I am bugging out on a semi-permanent pilgrimage. After visiting a few sacred sites here and there I will end up in Arizona. There are enough sacred sites and beautiful places in Arizona to keep me busy for as long as I can travel.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I too have wanted to do the same, enough is enough. I know of no places with any certainty, but I did have an idea that there are several ghost towns scattered throughout the US. Not a concrete plan but just spit balling. Maybe one could be re-incorporated back in to a town then a group of like minded people could commence to rebuilding it, totally free of any monetary handouts. Something we could build and dare anyone else to screw with what "we" built.

I do not think there is anywhere in the US where you can just "set up shop" when you find a place. That, I think would be homesteading and DC has taken care of that for us by doing away with it. Plus, there probably is not a single piece of "unowned" land left.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Its funny Neopan100 mentioned Uruguay, I just bought a place in Argentina last summer not far from Uruguay. I love it down there! The land prices are very cheap there right now too.

I like the thought of Alaska to or maybe New Mexico & Texas are some places to think about. You could also look into the northeast part of the country such as Maine, VT, NH.
edit on 22-3-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Son, if you had the skills to walk out on society right now, you wouldn't need to ask where to go, you'd already know where that place is, what it would take to get there, live there and die there. Might give a thought to the Boundary Waters, if ya haven't.
edit on 22-3-2011 by BnletB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Alright. You are going to goto the Midwest most definitely. Alaska is a no go because you will die. Wyoming and Montana are both good but I believe the best area in the U.S that I've prospected is the Idaho, Oregon, Nevada boarder area. You will also be the safest in the country from aa Nuclear mishap since this is the most 'remote' area when it comes to those terms! I hope you find somewhere that works for ya man.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anywhere but LA!

Seriously, if you are in the Military you cannot just "bug-out" that would be consider AWOL and could lead to your arrest and incarceration.

How much longer are you serving and like the above posters have mentioned are you alone?

Here is my suggestion. I started a Thread but it did not gain any more attention than the moment I put it up there. I put a link on "alternative" living communities. It might help in your quest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I currently live in New Mexico, and I was fortunate enough to locate a job that encompassed living remotely on 106 acres. Here is the website where I found the job/living arrangement: Caretaker Jobs.com

I do hope that helped!

Seriously, look into the Caretaker positions, several are at parks where you can live away from Society, yet still "work" and sustain yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You know, that's what the PTB want you to do, bug out. It's a lot easier to send a team to take out one or two people in a remote location than it is to take out a million taking a stand. I am just going about my business trying to make ends meet but when the time comes, I will stand. Of course I am already up north in a sparsely populated area which helps a bit. Small communities tend to be a little more tight knit and on the same level.

If you can take the snow and if you have to stay in the US, go to Alaska, eastern would be best, otherwise, northern Canada (in Ontario there's crown land right up to James Bay). If I had to chose a place, I would go warm in another country like Bolivia or maybe southern Venezuela (of course Maracaibo is very nice but a little too populated). Just make sure you have some serious firepower and read up on the local medicines, poisons, dangerous insects/reptiles and customs and learn the language so you fit it a little easier ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

One of my favorite places is costal Texas. I wouldn't exactly call it "getting away from it all" but the fishing is fantastic, the people are nice and land in the out lying areas is dirt cheap.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i am sure this guy is not alone... i for one felt every word down to the last letter for i have had the gut wrenching feeling also... probably why my anxiety got much worse in recent years. Some people just flat out "dont worry about it" and they call people like me or this guy "worry warts" lol but those same people will be asking for help when the SHTF... there probably wont be anything anyone could do to stop some nationwide or global disaster but at least have enough food and water to ride it out or to at least get your butt away from civilization... Human beings turn into monsters in times of panic... im actually quite impressed with the way the Japanese took their disaster without looting and all out panic. Look at what they went through, but because the fact that they were totally waiting for the next big one... there was no panic and they didnt have as much lives lost as they would of had they not been prepared...all im saying is if everyone better prepared themselves for that moment that may never come they would less likely be at each others throats for dwindling supplies.

Today people call it panicking over nothing, or overly worried, but our grandparents called it common sense. Get ready for anything that mother nature, world government, who knows what from space....may throw at us... keep your love ones close and be ready for the worst but hope for the best. Its crazy times out there. Most people like to chalk it up to coincidence... but to me i see this just heating up and about to get much more interesting in the next two years.

I for one will be headed away from the city and near a mountain forest ...and stay well informed of potential hot spots and hazards well ahead of my departure. Gotta know how to survive in where you plan on being if things got messy... either that or rely on a government to help that may be tied up with god knows what and die wondering and waiting why they never came. Take care out there!

<<   2 >>

join