It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Rifle, ammo, canteen; I smoke so I keep my cigarettes and liter in my pocket all the time lol. So those don't count!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
SAS Survival Handbook, Seeds, Machete.

That's the best three I can think of at the moment. =)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a piece of flint, to start my fire

good ol' hatchet, see the book "hatchet"

paracord, to make things and what not.

its easy to pick some sort of fire starter, a multi-purpose weapon/tool is great.. and the third one ive noticed is tricky, i chose paracord because a good rope is hard to imitate.. imagine building a raft with a rope substitute like a thin leaf or something

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A gun and a bullet to kill myself with
and a shovel so I could bury myself.
Think about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

1. jug of water
2. axe
3. fully loaded(with barrel cartirdge) ak-47

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I own one, they break and they will leak if you use them, the handle is made of brass and the pummel is aluminum, which you cant hammer with, $90 investment could be better spent esleware and a lyle one is over $700 bucks and up and an even bigger waste of money. The chinese version of the buckmaster, which is called the (ramster) is much better and heavier and is pretty indestructible , but you still want to tig a couple spots on the handle and blade to make it all it can be plus more
cgi.ebay.com...

Ive searched around and have found them for under $30 bucks on the net, but i have to say they are a great investment, but you need a diamond file to sharpen them , because they are made of 440c stainless

edit on 23-3-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
A gun and a bullet to kill myself with
and a shovel so I could bury myself.
Think about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
1. A high quality, heavy duty knife.
2. Magnesium fire starter stick
3. Jennifer Aniston

Ok ok ok - if I had to swap out #3 it would portable water purification.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
1. Roll of floss
2. Coat hanger
3. An avocado

I'll just McGuyver the rest...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

don't worry partner, the gals will be searching you out in droves to keep them warm and full

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My Gerber multitool, you never know what you have to use it for.

My swedish army firesteel, make some fires.

My Camelbak Motherload, a 3 liter water bladder and a decent compartment where I can put things I find along the way in.

I always have bootknife in my boots and I always wear the and I'm a first aider, so I think I can take care of my wounds, in case I get any.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cerberus00

coat hanger is an excellent choice as is the floss, they both have a million and one uses, especially drilling out blow tubes for your blow gun and the floss to tie your darts with

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Very simple and honest, and assuming I am already wearing clothing:
My cell phone which already has weather resistant covering and a current upload of maps including terrain and other useful items saved to the SD card.
My 9mm
And my multi tool set thingy which has screw driver heads, knife, flint other random objects attached to it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
1. A high quality, heavy duty knife.
2. Magnesium fire starter stick
3. Jennifer Aniston

Ok ok ok - if I had to swap out #3 it would portable water purification.

I had a nice little list, but this is perfect.

Actually,
1. A good hatchet, or a multitool with a saw blade.
2. A large heavy duty tarp, or trash bags.
3. flint , or a good fire starter kit.

with these three items you can start to build shelter, purify water, and hunt/harvest food. After that you can scavenge other needed items. Hopefully.
But actually the best possible thing to take is Knowledge of the area you will be moving through.
edit on 23-3-2011 by sacecowboy because: to add the bit about knowing youur environment.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

my glock,a good blade, and magnesium/flint fire starter.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
1.) Blastmatch
2.) Either a Tom Brown tracker or Ka-bar.
3.) Heavy duty tarp

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am reading through the replies, and I disagree with the idea of a firearm in this scenario. it is a one purpose tool. and you are extremely limited as to what you have. With a good knife or blade, you can make a weapon for protection and hunting. Sure it will be primitive, however i would rather be warm and full under a roof, than cold wet and full on a rock. Unless there were some sort of foreseen threat, I would not take anything that only has a single purpose. You can say that flint or fire starter is a single purpose tool, but fire has several uses.
just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If i had to choose 3 things to carry it would have to be my two kids they are most valuable to me and 2nd i would carry would be food/water and the 3rd would be clothes/blankets.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree with pretty much the 3 things that are listed 1--knife/ax/weapon-- 2--water but I would replace one of the 3rd items, with --something to barter with.. as for something specific, it would vary I suppose given the situation (IE in The Book of Eli, it seems like batteries, lip balm and water was a high commodity, Terminator Salvation, meds were sought after, and most of the zombie movies, Walking dead, Night of the living dead etc etc bullets were sought after.)
I suppose if you are talking about a world catastrophe, could be any of those, could be something as simple as books or a pair of shoes...I´ve always wondered, what I would do, since my better half, is insulin dependent and that stuff needs to be kept at a certain temp....have the generators for the fridge etc etc but when it runs out, then waht...need something to barter with.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Well really the only thing anyone would need to ensure survival is Charlie Sheen, seriously he's a Warlock with Tiger's Blood = Winning Duh. Everyone knows that. Sorry couldn't resist throwing out some Charlie Sheen quotes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join