It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Libyan villagers shot by US team rescuing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SalemsLot

Channel 4 says that they have a reporter in Libya, I presume that their reporter reported this report back to HQ for them.

"Casualties of allied operations" sort of implies that the operations of the Allied forces caused the injuries here.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

Channel 4 says that they have a reporter in Libya, I presume that their reporter reported this report back to HQ for them.

Yes, international news editor Lindsey Hilsum. But why report a headline that says the US shot 6 villagers and then not give any info on how it happened? That's all I'm asking.

"Casualties of allied operations" sort of implies that the operations of the Allied forces caused the injuries here.

Yes, thank you, I know what it means. My question was directed more towards the way the media "confirms" something to be true before the people actually involved in the military operation or the government behind that operation do.

Asking questions, not looking for definitions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You asked for evidence, and you asked by what authority channel 4 is claiming that these are confirmed casualties of the allies. The answer for both is the same. Their reporter has confirmed it. How is that evidence any less valid than the US army coming out and saying "collateral damage!" If we waited for the army to report all of their wrongdoings, then we would never hear about things like this.
edit on 22-3-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I agree with you on the military. They'd never disclose anything if they didn't have to.
But I'm questioning the news report. (How do we keep the media honest if we don't?)
How did she know what happened? She didn't claim to be at the crash site, only at the hospital where the injured villagers were taken. She didn't even put in anything about interviewing people who were at the hospital. Just that she spoke to a man who's son was going to lose his leg from a bullet wound. That doesn't prove the kids was shot by a US soldier.
It just didn't make sense to me that she's right there at the hospital where these villagers were taken and there was no quotes from any of them about what happened. She just writes her own opinion... "Gauging the reaction of locals in the area, she said: "the local Libyans do not seem resentful, they still want the coalition forces to keep operating."
And in keeping with that I also believe it is her opinion that these are the first casualties of the allies.
Once again, I'm not saying it didn't happen the way she reported, maybe it did, been trying to find out more all day. I'm just saying she seemed to be claiming something that, in my opinion, she didn't have enough in her report to back it up.
Who knows, maybe tomorrow we'll find out she was right, and you can say I told you so

top topics

<< 1   >>

join