It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Libyan villagers shot by US team rescuing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

www.channel4.com

Six villagers in a field on the outskirts of Benghazi were shot and injured when a US helicopter landed to rescue a crew member from the crashed jet, reports Lindsey Hilsum.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted had a quick search nothing came up?

Anyone else herd this just seen it on the bbc and the guardian web site about f15 crashes in libya both pilots ejected no mention of civilians deaths just mentions plane crash I soppose rescue team were in and out fast close call for the pilots

www.channel4.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"We must intervene to protect innocent civilians from being shot by their government!"
*crashes jet*
*shoots innocent civilians*
*absconds*

Hey, at least they weren't shot by their own government!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
what a surprise, liberating people always seems to mean killing them these days.
when will the people put an end to this world wide tyranny by the us,uk et al.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No competency.

No accountability.

Lovely way to win hearts and minds...

edit on 22-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TREASONFX

www.channel4.com

Six villagers in a field on the outskirts of Benghazi were shot and injured when a US helicopter landed to rescue a crew member from the crashed jet, reports Lindsey Hilsum.

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

This does not sound like an example of Corageous Restraint worth of a medal

Other news report said the downed airmen were in the potection of the rebels we are there to assist.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I'll be interested to know what the villagers were doing when they were shot - if they had weapons pointed at the pilot with the intent to kill then they deserve what they got then they were victims of war (erm, I mean a UN security council enforced no-fly zone). If they didn't (OR if they were protecting the pilot) then someone needs to be held to account.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Well I'll be interested to know what the villagers were doing when they were shot - if they had weapons pointed at the pilot with the intent to kill then they deserve what they got then they were victims of war (erm, I mean a UN security council enforced no-fly zone). If they didn't (OR if they were protecting the pilot) then someone needs to be held to account.

The fact the media is calling them villagers and not soldiers/rebels or terrorists, I think we can assume they were probably just villagers in their village wondering wtf is going on in their country and seeing American helicopters and servicemen in their village, they probably had good reason to fear the worst. They were innocent.

How would you respond to foreign forces coming into your village, greet them with flowers no doubt
edit on 22-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yaaay, six more Libyans liberated from Khadaffy's rule.

He won't have those guys to push around anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
what a surprise, liberating people always seems to mean killing them these days.
when will the people put an end to this world wide tyranny by the us,uk et al.

Lol

Second line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well Maybe they didn't lie about Gaddafi not being the target.... Villagers Are

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lil bit of confusion going on, I think the media should be advising civilians to do as the military would have them do to help reduce such unfortunate incidents from occurring... Would you be running around armed as civilian with no real indication of this? No uniform, hats, or uniform colors even... Even gangs understand this is necessary, and for this very reason... Airdrops of clothing and information packages to rebel held locations could help achieve this in days... Or just get them into given locations and tell em when and where to move...

Of course this would be labeled as fighting for them... Well thats what we are doing, I dont care how its portrayed... And rightly so, this will be the only way such civilizations will be able to move forward as a non terrorist threats... And gain freedoms and trust of the west desired by these innocent civilians, who are more then willing to die for it even...
Enough is enough we have not been suffering economically for nothing....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatwasthat

Originally posted by TREASONFX

www.channel4.com

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

This does not sound like an example of Corageous Restraint worth of a medal

Other news report said the downed airmen were in the potection of the rebels we are there to assist.

I read it over several times and it sounds more like Libyans got hurt in ASSISTING with the rescue attempt. Not because they were shot BY the U.S.
No where in the article does it say how these Libyans got shot "BY a U.S. team"
The plane crashed in rebel-held territory and 6 villagers got shot by a U.S. team in a rescue attempt...?
hmmmm, sounds more like a badly-worded title to bring in readers.
And if that's the case, irresponsible for a international news editor to post such a title considering the delicate tipping point of the situation over there.
But I know that asking for straight cut, non-sensational headlines are far too much to ask of the media.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

That's the very thing. The villagers were friendly and welcoming towards the US pilots. The incompetent buffoon manning the guns on the helicopter put 2+2 together and got 5.

Perhaps we should a gun to his head, force him to fly back to collect the wounded & dock his paycheck for the next 10 years to pay the medical bills of these poor people ? Or just shoot him anyway ? It's not like he's got any right whatever to be there in the first place, imperial plaything that he is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SalemsLot

The local Libyans who were injured in the rescue mission are currently in hospital. They are the first confirmed casualities of allied operations, almost four days after operations began. At the time of writing, no one had died as a result of the gunfire.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've read one child will lose a leg to a bullet wound. Also the Marines have denied the incident occured.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just watchd sky news they never mentioned villagers shot or any deaths cover up ???

edit on 22-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Careful you don't slip Ahkmed those blades are sharp! Oh damn..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I just saw a TV report of a guy who has had his leg removed but he said he still " loves " America, which is the main thing

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by SalemsLot

The local Libyans who were injured in the rescue mission are currently in hospital. They are the first confirmed casualities of allied operations, almost four days after operations began. At the time of writing, no one had died as a result of the gunfire.

Yes, thank you, that paragraph alone raises more questions.

"The local Libyans who were injured in the rescue mission..."
Who shot them? The article doesn't say, except in the title but if you're going to throw out a headline like that give me some evidence to back it up. Not saying it didn't go down that way, just saying I'd like some more info on such a sensational headline.

"They are the first confirmed casualties of allied operations..."
I can find no other info on this claim other then Channel 4 news. When did the media get approval to start declaring confirmed casualties in military operations?

Just questioning information that isn't making sense to me. Of course the media very rarely makes sense to me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join