It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN accuses Fox News of 'outrageous' lie over 'human shields' in Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by tracehd1

What difference does it make, really?

I'm in a building buying a Pepsi from a vending machine. Somebody reports I'm in there because I'm thirsty, somebody else reports it's because my friend is thirsty, somebody else reports it's because I'm going to put that can in a sock and beat you over the head with it.

Now which report changes the reality of me being in a building buying a Pepsi?

Your kidding me right? I shouldn't even go here because sometimes you can't fix....................................!

The difference is... PEOPLE BEING KILLED on a blatant LIE!

omg, rme, geezz O plezzz LaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZZZzzzzIE.... Kicking myself for just not walking away!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The ethical and honest journalists on the planet have a duty and an obligation to expose BS whenever they find it. All I can say is: "It's about time".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by tracehd1

Who's being killed?

Sounds like you believe the theatrics more then the actual news.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

This appears to me to be a ratings thing between CNN and Fox News.
Maybe we should have Ted Turner and Steven Bell do a wrestling match on the horror reality channel (SYFY) and the winner gets the that's the news award!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I don't know what I hate more. CNN's snail-fast reporting, or Fox's architects of the mind...

My favorite is Rueters "creative editing"! Israeli commandos storm a flotilla, and Reuters creatively crop out a knife that a "peace activist" is holding over top of a bloodied Israeli commando. Other pictures were also cropped to remove a pool of blood from an injured commando, and even the commando himself as he lies wounded on the deck of the ship.

blogs.reuters.com...

Bravo Reuters! You take first prize for biased jounalism!

edit on 23-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Why would you want to replace it? I shot it to rid my life of it's presence, once and for all.

So you were the one that was upset with Bristol Palin? www.reuters.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larrelye
Sorry. It's here.
www.rawstory.com...

The one linked in the OP silly! BTW. Thanks for putting up with me and making my first discussion here a pleasant one.

My pleasure

Oh, lol, so many links now I get confused. I watched the fox retort, personally I found it lacking especially considering the allegations.

Here is what I wonder, which government organized the trip? I am curious how if it was the Libyan army how the Brits would have known in time to stop the attack. Unless, it was rebels or our government that organized it, it very easily could have ended in a few dozen friendly fire casualties. Also, wasn't the building they visited already destroyed? Maybe I'm confusing it with other images, I'm still a little foggy right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

HAHAHA that is too funny. No I shot mine a few years back, it was one of those super huge clunky bigscreens they had years ago.

Also I was smart enough to remove it from my house before I put it out of my misery

edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:38:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

awe, and here I was thinking we were in the presence of a celebrity.

Good for you though.
they call it an idiot box for a reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I remember when Saddam surrounded himself with little children and american prisoners to be used for human shields.

Some people claimed they werent shields either because they looked to be in good health and were smililing (they were ordered to smile or be shot.)

Same scenerio.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm surprised no human on Earth has decided to start a independent news company to fly little remote control planes over countries like Libya when countries like the US attacks them.

Any footage you get of civilians being killed...archaeological or historical sites being hit.....Would be worth it's weight in gold.

There's a fortune to be made by someone......

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Do it! I'll watch your news channel.

reply to post by searching4truth

Yes. The building they visited was Gaddafi's compound and it was destroyed during some of the first attacks. I believe (although I could, of course, not know what I'm talking about) that they said they were lead by Libyan forces which I read to mean non rebels. The only danger to journalists was riding around with opposition forces in a country that could be attacked at any moment by a variety of countries.

How would they have known in time to stop the attacks? I'm sure the trip was arranged at least several hours to the day before which leaves plenty of time to inform leaders.

I would have preferred a source we could all point to and say Bob said, so we believe.... Instead they use the generic military official. As I think about this issue it begins to sound like it went down like this.... Fox says we don't wanna go. Private 1st Class Bob thinks Libya might use reports as human shields. Fox goes with this story and uses it to their advantage. CNN gets pissed off or offended and reacts with the same, but opposite, exaggerated claims of "Liar". The truth is probably somewhere in between. You can bet your behind that Libyan forces did not bring reporters to the compound because they want to make sure they get the shots of all the good "we" are doing. They didn't do it because they felt like the poor reporters needed a little mini vacation and tour a disaster zone. Whatever their reasoning is for setting up the tour (assuming they set it up), it's not in the best interest of the reporters.

So, I guess what I'm saying is this entire headline from Fox and the response to it from CNN are both wild accusations with little to no backing and may be based more on emotion from the reporters than actual facts. The CNN reporter was extremely upset about this. He seems to have taken it as a personal attack. Or he's just really pissed off.

As for who's lying.... Neither, they both either exaggerating the facts or basing facts of feelings. OR, depending on your ideaology, they both are because likely neither side is completely accurate and have allowed other things to influence their speech or behavior. If I make sense.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Larrelye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
CNN is full of lies

There, fixed it for you. (He originally said "FOX.")

For proof, I offer this:

edit on 3/23/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join