It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN accuses Fox News of 'outrageous' lie over 'human shields' in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Flatfish

I know that CNN calling Fox News "liars" is a lot like the pot calling the kettle "black," but you'll have to admit that things must be heating up when these two start calling each other out.

The only thing "heating up" is stupidity.

In-fighting is always a pointless distraction.

Got to ask, does it matter? Does it matter whether the human shield is real or not? Does it matter if some reporter claimed it or not? Does it matter if another reporter refutes that claim or not?

In the end there is still a convoy of journalists touring a building and there are still bombs falling.
edit on 22-3-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

yes...it does matter....if a NEWS CHANNEL says something that is an out and out lie, easily proven wrong, they should be called on the carpet for it. what's amazing, is how easily YOU dismiss it, as if lying about a life or death situation is merely schoolyard bickering.
i wonder if any the reporters wives, husbands, or children heard that, of course, that would be no big deal to you right?
edit on 22-3-2011 by jimmyx because: doubling of words

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
FOX is Entertainment News.

People already heard the real news and now want a twist.

They are not obligated to tell the truth ever, if at all. You must realize this.

Are you attempting to combine people like Hannity - who is way too shrill and dogmatic for me - with others like Greta on the pundit shows. O'Reilly just last night was slamming "obama bashers". And what about the straight news broadcasts on Fox News, how are they any different than any other MSM outlet - except maybe they do try a little harder to report both sides of an issue.

Sounds like there's a good chance that you have assumed the liberal talking head role (repeating without knowing for yourself) instead of finding out for yourself. Again, Hannity and Beck are on Fox News, but they are hardly all of Fox News or the only opinions there. Just like most thinking people would not say that Olbermann was MSNBC - all of MSNBC - and say they refuse to watch anything on that channel.

I know I look at both MSNBC and CNN all day long. That's how I got to be "fair and balanced".

edit on 3/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I know that CNN calling Fox News "liars" is a lot like the pot calling the kettle "black," but you'll have to admit that things must be heating up when these two start calling each other out.

Got to ask, does it matter? Does it matter whether the human shield is real or not? Does it matter if some reporter claimed it or not? Does it matter if another reporter refutes that claim or not?

In the end there is still a convoy of journalists touring a building and there are still bombs falling.

yes...it does matter....if a NEWS CHANNEL says something that is an out and out lie, easily proven wrong, they should be called on the carpet for it. what's amazing, is how easily YOU dismiss it, as if lying about a life or death situation is merely schoolyard bickering.
i wonder if any the reporters wives, husbands, or children heard that, of course, that would be no big deal to you right?

It's not really a news channel. It's an entertainment channel cloaked as a "news" channel. Feeding the wants and needs of its viewers is the channels only priority. A rather disgusting loop.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I believe I watched this last night-on Wolf Blitzer maybe??? The reporter was MAD. (Haven't watched the posted videos yet-I will later)

I agree with earlier posts about - being on a government bus to a government facility definitely has the possibility of making you "human shield"-like it or not. Whether true or not-who's to say. I haven't read (yet) about a Fox news reply.

I see all the networks slanted-big time.

I watch them all @ different times.

It's almost as if its big distraction game being played to the American people.

I find reading a lot different sources is the best way to figure out what's going down. But this is time consuming. I don't always have the time to research.
Although I do love to read from all sources - learning about different aspects of said news topic. That's when I can.

Anyhow, I watched it last night, live, I think. & I thought it odd about the reporter totally slamming another reporter.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Feeding the wants and needs of its viewers is the channels only priority. A rather disgusting loop.

That is a pretty naive statement.

Isn't responding to the wants and needs of their customers the goal of ALL businesses?

You think MSNBC and CNN aren't also attempting to do the same thing for their very few customers (viewers)?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Who is actually naive enough to think that a government with almost unlimited resources, wouldn't control the content of the media. The FCC would shut down and pull the license of any outlet that even tried to be truthful.

Free flow of unrestricted information....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

lol im pretty sure what actually happened is that the journalists were in such a close vicinity that someone couldn't fire a missile because they could have been in danger.. human shield indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Who is actually naive enough to think that a government with almost unlimited resources, wouldn't control the content of the media. The FCC would shut down and pull the license of any outlet that even tried to be truthful.

Free flow of unrestricted information....

Star for that post.

And there is more than one kind of disinformation from a (the) government.

One where the MSM goes along with the government's plan for disinformation, and one where the MSM gets duped along with everyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Am I the only one that questions the intelligence of people that would jump on a bus to go to a government facility, during a time when government facilities are being bombed? Am I the only one that sees the idiocracy in this? Then again I think reporters are not very intelligent for being in a warzone at all, unless they are actually military trained....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I dismiss it because it's not news. It's emotional hyperbole at best.

The "news" is that bombs are falling on Libya. Everything else is inconsequential.

I guess the real problem is that people have broadened their definitions of what qualifies as news so far out that merely stating the occurrence of an event isnt enough and reports make up motives, scenarios, and try to paint complete pictures of the intent of everyone involved and the public is happy to go along with such impossible accounts.

It isnt a big deal. Those people are concluding that a fantasy report based on nothing concrete is true and they should suffer the consequence of believing in fairy tales.

1% of any report is news. The rest is theatrical filler. That applies to any agency whether it's Fox, CNN, AP, or Billy Jo's Haps Rag from the next town over.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I hope you guys will humopr me for the moment... While I see the back and forth regarding the news channels a constant on this site, I do have a question. I see people state FoxNews should be Unblanced, baseless, etc etc etc, and my questions is this -

What exactly do people base that conclusion on? If someone could give me some examples of where Fox has mislead the public, lied, etc? I dont do this to defend them, but I am curious where people get there information form.

Bear in mind CNN hired Peirs Morgon, who was fired from his previous journalistic jobs for ethical breaches.

All the outlets have their issues, just curious why people seem to single out FoxNews.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
here's a list of FOX lies:

www.youtube.com...

i like this one, fox changes pictures to look sinister:

www.youtube.com...

here's a classic lie:

www.youtube.com...

this one is a little long...but it does bring up what to me is called "the full story"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here's a link to the CNN report mediamatters.org...

The journalist was quite p.o.ed by the whole situation, and I can't blame him.

And, their lies DO MATTER. When one promotes oneself as a news network, then there is a responsibility to the viewer to at the very least not outright lie. Honestly, I am a little disheartened that more people do not find this to be a problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Fox News is lying to me!? They are misrepresenting facts!? This is outrageous!

Ok. In all seriousness. Reporters led into a government facility makes that building ineligible for bombing. Equals, human shields. Of course that is a sensationalized statement, but it doesn't make it untrue.

On the other issue being brought up. Fox News is a news organization. They report news to me as well as their opinion. Why do I personally choose Fox? Because their opinions generally reflect my own and other news channels do not. Should I say that MSNBC and CNN are not news organizations because they cater to their audience and report/have opinions that mirror their base? Let's get real. It's ALL entertainment. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be on TV and no one would want to watch if they were. Bashing Fox is like bashing Americans. It's cool because they have been on top for a while now. If most of the American news watching public chooses Fox, doesn't that at least lend credence to the "fact" that most of the American news watching public also agrees with their opinions?

BTW, for all those who have this extreme hatred for all things MSM, where do you suggest I get my current events information? Bloggers? Twitter? Facebook? YouTube? These seem to be appropriate news sources for many on the site. I think I'll stick with biased reporters.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fox news, MSNBC and CNN were ALL caught lieing and spreading disinfo about Ron Paul during the presidential primaries. That proved to me they are all garbage, once and for all. All of them put up clips of people, taken out of context to make them look bad. All 3 participate in this kind of behavior, but like our divided political system, people look at their favorite channel through rose colored glasses.

link   
And to add..... Yes, it does matter if reporters blatantly lie. Even if the main story is accurate the details are what matter most when forming your own opinion. (I just don't consider this a blatant lie only sensationalism for the headline)

link   
reply to post by Larrelye

True enough. I have been in enough emergency situations to know that rumor spreads like wild fire, and even more so with social networking and often times many aspects of initial reports are based in rumors. Twitter is not a reputable news outlet

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
fox is full of lies

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There is nothing pointless about it.

We need people and especially our media to be vigilant and watch out for this kind of thing. Can you imagine the alternative? CNN finds out about this kind of rubbish and overlooks it because it makes all media look bad? That would be much worse.

I would expect FOX to do the same, and they have. When Reuters cropped photos showing the armed Turkish "peace activists" on the ill fated flottila, they called Reuters out. They cropped photos clearly showing these "peace activists" were armed, and did not show bleeding Israeli commandos on deck, having been attacked as they rappelled down from their chopper. Shame on your FOX, and shame on you Rueters!

blogs.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

there has been times when i thought some liberal representative has been over the top, and that has made me cringe also. but fox takes the prize for unabashed deceit, innuendo, and GOP propaganda day after day. there is a book written some time ago by a national leader of importance, that actually goes into his very effective use of propaganda on his own people, and the control gained by it's relentless use

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join