It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians wounded in Israeli air strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Palestinians wounded in Israeli air strikes

english.aljazeera.net

At least 19 people, including children, have been wounded in a series of Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip, Palestinian emergency workers said.

Witnesses and medics said Israeli jets carried out at least six air strikes late on Monday in the northern town of Beit Lahiya and Gaza City.

Witnesses said a security compound for Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, a training camp north of the city and a brickworks and metal foundry in northern Gaza were among the targets.

An Israeli military spokesman said aircraft attacked a total of six targets, including two arms manufacturing faci
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It seems to me, that the death, destruction and misery of palestine and palestinians is so common place that some may have become conditioned to it. Yes, I am fully aware that this was a response to Hamas "rocket" strikes. But the retribution and revenge the IDF seeks to put upon Palestinians is far more extensive and agressive then any of these "terrorist groups". Who is the real terrorist in this situation? Which state is the real terroris state?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

What do you expect when one jewish toenail is worth 10,000 Arabs..

Maybe someone in Israel stubbed their toe while watching the little skyrockets from Palestine..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You know - i think it is very simple. Do not fire "little rockets". Then there will be no air strikes and no blockade. Very very very simple,actually.
Since last Friday almost a hundred 120mm mortar shells and several 122mm grad rockets were fired into Israel. There are several wounded. So what any sane person expects? Israel should be silent and allow it to be bombed on Purim eve and that its citizens should sit in shelters? If Hamas is against it - they can lower number of attacks drastically. But they allow it (actually back it up financially and logistically) and Hamas is government in Gaza.
So again - no rockets ----> no airstrikes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why doesn't the UN and NATO launch a coalition bombing campaign against Israel instead? They have been murdering innocent Palestinians for over 50 years, and I bet they have killed more innocent people than Mummar Ghaddafi ever did.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
You know - i think it is very simple. Do not fire "little rockets". Then there will be no air strikes and no blockade. Very very very simple,actually.
Since last Friday almost a hundred 120mm mortar shells and several 122mm grad rockets were fired into Israel. There are several wounded. So what any sane person expects? Israel should be silent and allow it to be bombed on Purim eve and that its citizens should sit in shelters? If Hamas is against it - they can lower number of attacks drastically. But they allow it (actually back it up financially and logistically) and Hamas is government in Gaza.

Palestine is a prison...
you really expect prisoners to sit there and just take it ???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

No rockets would be fired, if Israel didn't occupy land that doesn't even belong to them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I just went to check on some Israel news sites for more info on this, and some of them seem to be down. Can anyone check www.israelnationalnews.com, www.jpost.com, and www.haaretz.com? ynet and debka still seem to be okay.

Thanks

EDIT: nevermind, they seem to be fine now.
edit on 22-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Palestine is a prison... you really expect prisoners to sit there and just take it ???

Gaza is a prison. West Bank, East Jerusalem - are not. You know why? They DO NOT fire rockets into Israel. Gaza was not blockaded too, until the rockets and Hamas takeover.

No rockets would be fired, if Israel didn't occupy land that doesn't even belong to them.

And what would be that? Israel withdrew from Gaza - and there were Jews in Gaza before 1948. And there much more rockets falling on Israel now. Before Israel started peace talks - there was 0 rockets because Israel controlled all the area. Only when Israel started to slowly release its eeevil grip it got mortar shells, rockets ,suicide bombers and ctr.
According to Hamas Israel should not exist at all. So if Israel would remove settlements from West Bank - it will be bombed from West Bank since Haifa/Jaffa has to freed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Palestinians fired over 4,000 rockets into Israel last year and the year before and before and before and before...etc. They are rabid animals and should bee put down like any rabid animal. When they can show some restraint they can be treated like humans.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

If firing rockets makes Palestinians "rabid animals"

Then whats Israel? You know the country that uses white phosphorous against women and children, runs over protesters, and boards aid flotillas.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

When they can show some restraint they can be treated like humans.

Or maybe treat them like humans and they may show some restraint ??

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just to mediate, interfere and offer my consensus and opinion, I would like to come back to, what I would regard an interresting saying. "One mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter". I don't advocate or promote terrorist activity. But I'd just like to present this theory to you.

Now to offer my opinion: When analysing the Hamas-Israel conflict, it is important to look at the numbers and statistics in terms of deaths. In the 7 years prior to the recent Israeli bombing on Palestine, Hamas killed a staggering 24 innocent Israelis. That means in 7 years more Israelis died of penut allergies then of Hamas rocket attacks. When Israel responded, it killed 300 innocent palestinians in the first four minutes of the conflict. In the first four minutes of the conflict it killed ten fold times what Hamas did in 7 years. In total it killed 1400 innocent palestinians. I regard Israel as wanting to maintain Hamas and keep Hamas at its terrorist activities. Hamas gives Israel a justification to continue to expand illegal settlements and maintain occupation of illegaly occupied territory. Israel dosen't want Hamas to stop, that would mean Israel would have to loosen its grip and occupation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The Palestinians launched the biggest rocket attack in two years before this attack...
seems relevant to this story

what goes around........Im starting to think there will never be peace

edit on 22-3-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I do not think anyone expects there to be "no response". However, my particular beef with Israel is that they have the technology , available and built in thier own nation, to make thier borders proof against any projectile from a bullet to an atom bomb, and rather than actualy install this tech on their borders, keeping thier people safe, and eliminating the need for bombing the hell out of thier neighbour lands, they continue to ALLOW terror attacks to hit thier own people, in order to give them an excuse to blow an enormous chunk out of thier "enemies" (read civillian , non combatant targets mostly) in response to a pin prick of damage.

I have no problem with defending ones self against threat, but retaliation is a poor alternative to effective shielding from damage. It does not serve the people of either Palestine or Israel for the borders to be weak against rocket attack, and Israel have had the technological capability to install preventative measures for YEARS , and even now they delay the creation of such a system by inventing the requirement for a funding drive to finance the project (which is a senseless delaying tactic, where they should just buy the thing and pay it off over time. Its not as if Israel is short of money after all).
edit on 22-3-2011 by TrueBrit because: spelling ... which is probably still poor, but when I spot a bad one, I take it out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just more of the back and forth which is the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict. How can anyone fault any country for retaliating when their citizens are assaulted by rocket attacks and mortar barrages? Some would like to see a more measured response, but a message needs to be sent to the leadership of Hamas in Gaza that if they continue their course of orchestrating and initiating attacks into Israel; retaliation will be swift and harsh.

Moreover, Gaza is a hell hole because Hamas cannot belittle themselves an inch to come to the table to broker a deal with the Israelis. Even Fatah has come forward to a certain extent and have made concerted attempts to work out some kind of settlement. Hamas is the lone stalwarts to the peace process. The blame for any wounded or casualties falls in the lap of Hamas, and not Israel. They are indirectly stacking the bricks that have imprisoned their own people, by provocative acts like the recent one being discussed here and others in the past. It seems these attacks may be an orchestrated political move to weaken any kind of reconciliation with Fatah in Gaza since they were effectively ousted in 2007.

Israeli air strikes wound 19 in Gaza Strip

Palestinian analysts linked the growing violence to calls for President Mahmoud Abbas to heal a four-year rift with Hamas, which seized control of Gaza in a bloody 2007 struggle with Abbas's Western-backed Fatah movement.

Militants in Gaza often fire rockets at Israel but Hamas itself had avoided doing so or claiming responsibility for such attacks in recent months.

Abbas said last week he was willing to visit Gaza for talks designed to reunify Palestinian ranks.

Some Hamas officials fear a reconciliation with Fatah could threaten the Islamists' hegemony in Gaza. Israel has signaled it would see such reconciliation as a threat, given Hamas's refusal to recognize its existence and join peace talks.

Perhaps, the support of Hamas is waning? To thwart any effort by Fatah for reconciliation and influence in Gaza, they coaxed militants into firing rockets and mortars into Israel to rallying the people in their favor after an Israeli response? If this is indeed another political move at the tip of sword by Hamas, it ought to tell everyone that this group is run by a bunch of rabid dogs, and they are willing to trade the blood of their own people for absolute power. Their reluctance to denounce their ways have essentially turned the residents of Gaza into cannon fodder, and they are responsible for turning Gaza into a prison. I just hope that someday the Palestinian people will see how vile and despicable their leaders are, and one day do away with them.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: Added some more text.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Moreover, Gaza is a hell hole because Hamas cannot belittle themselves an inch to come to the table to broker a deal with the Israelis.

Israel never has and never will want peace..
Then they would have to abide by it and stop the incessant stealing of more and more land..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah, some would agree with you on that standpoint about perpetual hostilities and an Israeli land grab. Under conventional wisdom it seems plausible. It is difficult for the Palestinians to form any position to contest the land grabs and to halt new settlements when their leadership cannot even sit in the the same room with each other.
Moreover, without talking to the other side and working out an agreement to set up a Palestinian state with clearly defined borders, the settlements will continue.

The confusion caused by warfare, and blood feuds between Hamas and Fatah have only made it that much easier for the Israelis to capitalize on the commotion by acquiring more land. As is said, "When the cats away the mice will play." The two sides need to denounce violence and stop the attacks, and set up some kind of unified power sharing agreement. Then, initiate dialogue with the Israelis, and if the Israelis continue their ways it will bring everything into perspective about their true intentions. However, as long as attacks on civilians continue, it will always over-ride the Israeli's alleged improprieties toward the Palestinians when it comes to their people settling in contested Palestinian territories. That is how I see it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The confusion caused by warfare, and blood feuds between Hamas and Fatah have only made it that much easier for the Israelis to capitalize on the commotion by acquiring more land. As is said, "When the cats away the mice will play." The two sides need to denounce violence and stop the attacks, and set up some kind of unified power sharing agreement. Then, initiate dialogue with the Israelis, and if the Israelis continue their ways it will bring everything into perspective about their true intentions. However, as long as attacks on civilians continue, it will always over-ride the Israeli's alleged improprieties toward the Palestinians when it comes to their people settling in contested Palestinian territories. That is how I see it.

Sorry, I don't buy it..
Israel is not above creating the trouble themselves and blaming Hamas..

Lets face it, they have been caught out enough times that I'm surprised anyone believes anything they say..
Hell, they even stole identities from REAL Australians..
I take that personally although my Israeli loving government did nothing..
It was swept under the rug with the multitude of other Israeli sins..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Do enlighten me how these women and children were part of these strikes? Every nation has the right and duty to protect it's citizens. Israel however didn't do that. Defending would be engaging hostile targets. Isreal just attacks anything that moves including children. That is not self defense. That is murder.

new topics

top topics

join