It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freakin' Streetlights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here is a thread from 2002......I have not browsed through it yet..........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too am a member of this SLIder club...........

Nice to see I am not alone with this.............Just wish I could figure out how to control it...........
edit on 21-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for the link! It's always nice to be among others, who experience similar high strangeness.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Most of the time I will be deep in thought about something that is not consciously causing anxiety, but I know it should be. It's hard to explain.

Of course it happens when I actually FEEL frustrated as well, but more so when it's subconsciously bothering me I suppose?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have never really thought of that. . . it's an interesting concept for sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Wouldn't that be the most interesting skill to possess :] I would love to shut down lights and power with my mind. If only we could find a way indeed.

Thanks for the link by the way, and I'm actually fairly surprised this number of people are experiencing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Oh this is a good thread, and possibly relates to many other things. I too have had weird experiences with electrical and electronic equipment. We seem to have a love hate relationship. I am disabled but i do side work as freelance computer repair slash anything else person. Most times i seem to have a strange affinity with electronics and computers and seem to know by instinct what is wrong with them and how to repair them. But at other times i can cause havoc with them simply by touching them or even being in there vicinity. When i went to school for computers i used to destroy a good many of them by touch. I would gain a very large static electrical charge from apparently nothing. I would walk up to a computer and reach out to it, and actually see a small bolt of electricity arc from me to the computer. This has been witnessed both by me, my friends, and my teachers. I destroyed about twelve of the lab computers before my teacher gave me a present for my birthday. He gave me a static strip to touch before i came near the computer. Comical huh? From time to time i shock people too when i touch them. The human body by all scientific standards can store a good amount of electricity and we have a quite large magnetic field ourselves. So, personally, i think the streetlight thing is very very possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Did you notice this guy standing around?

LMAO!!!

I've noticed that too and honestly think that it happens randomly as some fault in the light BUT we notice and give significance to it when it happens as we pass by or under the light. Just my thought!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoundrel

xD YES! I have seen him! How did you know!?

Yeah I figured that the fact that I just take notice could always be a possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join