It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freakin' Streetlights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm just curious to see how many people out there have interesting experiences involving street lights.

Oddly enough, while driving or walking, I will almost always pass a light just as it shuts off, or manage to look at it the exact moment the bulb goes out.

Of course this could always be due to me being in the right place at the right time... but it just happens so often. Especially when I'm feeling upset or excited about something, or having a particularly exhilarating jog.

Anyone else notice electrical disturbances? Perhaps any biological explanations? Perhaps it could just be the fact that I notice when street lights go off more so than others, and therefore attribute it to myself?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Perhaps it happens because you cause it or perhaps it just happens randomly and you take no notice when it doesn't.

Of the thousands of lights you pass, what percentage flicker?
edit on 21/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

See that's what I was thinking, that maybe I just notice It and then think its me. . . It just happens often, and many of my friends haven't had similar experiences.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If its driving....it could be your lights arent set properly and they are hitting the sensor thing on top of it that switches the lights on and off ( from day to night.)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Happened to me and freaked me out in the past....but seems like coincidence more than anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Wouldn't that cause mostly all of the street lights to react to my headlights? Hmm... It is a possibility though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I like to go running at night and this happens all to often. It occurs so frequently i started paying attention to the ones that would go out to the ones that didnt. Then the next night i go out i found out the aren`t the same ones! Different ones would do this and never really the same ones.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
do an ATS search for S.L.I.D.E.R.S
its stands for street light interrupter sumpin sumpin...........blah blah....

Its an actual condition humans have where their energy effects electrical things.........
I have it BAD.........if I am extra happy or sad or excited about something I blow out the lightbulbs in the house. I have to be turning the switch on or off at the time, but in the last 8 days I have blown the bulb in my lamp near the computer twice, the porch light once, AND my bedroom light. I spend lotta $$ on friggen light bulbs.
Just driving under street lights is all it takes for me to watch them all go out...........freaky.

There is a woman in London who is on state aid because she ruins cash registrars, electronic doors, and makes the alarm for people ripping off the store go off ALLLLLL the time.......no joke nobody can hire her.
edit on 21-3-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kitkatcat

I suppose it would depend on the quality of the road (ie not bumpy...pot holes..bumps...etc).
It could also be the quality of the sensor...some may have bird poo on them and not operate properly. I think its that mixed with coincidence personally

edit on 21-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is street lights along the road from me that have sensors on them so they switch on when you are near them, but the people who put them in have done something wrong and they switch off when you near them, as you walk along the street the lights switch off one by one until the whole street is in darkness... very handy

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hmmm sounds interesting, thanks for the tip!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
very interesting...i also have experienced the very same thing. i can remember walking home or from place to place in the middle of the night while i was younger and while being particularly paranoid of police catching me for being out after curfew, lights would switch off, pretty frequently, just as i was entering its light. i suppose that its possible most lights switch on and off periodically...overheating maybe...so it would not be uncommon to be near one when it did this. but just between us...i always attributed it to being...looked after lol

also, most lights here in my town are 20+ years old, so i wouldnt think they would have technology such as motion/light sensing or anything such as that.
edit on 21-3-2011 by dustgonz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The s.l.i.d.e.r theory i can relate to.This happens to me sometimes walking downtown.Seems to happen more frequently when there are a group of people walking with me.Its funny when one of them gets freaked out about it.
never bothered me much.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
I like to go running at night and this happens all to often. It occurs so frequently i started paying attention to the ones that would go out to the ones that didnt. Then the next night i go out i found out the aren`t the same ones! Different ones would do this and never really the same ones.

There are many reasons why lights will go out...from their sensors thinking its day at night, energy saving motion sensors, coincidence, electrical fault etc etc

I know i would explore every other possibility before believing i was somehow controlling a lamp post

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's called kinetic energy. Look it up. I find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
its not a disturbance its the high pressure sodium bulbs shutting off briefly every so often to cool because they get so hot, ive seen it many times

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You are not alone.Long have I pondered an explanation for it.Personally I believe it has something to do with scalar waves or some sort of subtle energy.

With me it is random and depends upon what mood I am in. If I may ask, what are you feeling, at the time of one of these occurrences?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow! Glad I am not the only one then.

This happens to me all the time and like stated by others it is not the same lights and normally if I am in some sort of hightened state. I thought I was just crazy

Thanks for the S.L.I.D.E.R.S reference too .... I shall go have a read

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My Uncle and Cousin have been experiencing this constantly since my Aunt passed away last year. This seems to be the only unusual thing happening to them. They believe its a "sign" from her from the other side, from my Aunt. I believe them. Ive talked with her alot since she's past and I told her to do as much as she can to let them know that she is ok. So maybe its someone from your life who has passed and is trying to get your attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

i was just thinking about that yesterday!

i happened to me alot when i was younger and hanging out on the street. not so much now.

very strange and i have no clue as to why.(or why it popped into my head) lol! i could never figure it out.

i'd look and they go out.

i'd watch to see if there was a pattern but none that i could find.

wierd.

it was more like, i knew it would happen rather than i caused it.

edit on 21-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join