It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Circle Anomaly on Weather Radar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Haarp over Munich, 17 March 2011
www.youtube.com...

Haarp over Holland. 19 March 2011
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

i cant see the munich one but the holland one is evident.
does this mean they are gonna flood southern england....its apparently been on the cards

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Perhaps it is HAARP, perhaps it is some satellite technology. It does scream out from beyond the wall of no comment that there is some pretty powerful and advanced technology getting developed. Please wake up people, governments lie and must be held accountable if they are to maintain humanities interests.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Is happening now on aussie radar how do you take a screen shot
www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abductee001

Originally posted by Stormwind
reply to post by Abductee001

Their gains are not set right. Thats it, simple as that.
second

So... it's a glitch then? can you explain...for the layman?
Was the reply i got from Meteox a fob-off?

@HeresHowItGoes
That's an interesting thread. Need to have a better look at the links inside! tks!

By ‘gain’ he means the amplification factor.
You want to have your radar set to be the most sensitive for the given weather conditions. If you have light precipitation in the area then you turn the gain up to distinguish which areas have rain and which don’t.
But if you leave it set there when heavy precipitation is coming all areas within reach will show rain.

Try this, take an AM radio and try listening to a weak far away station. You will turn up the volume just to understand the content. But when you retune to a local station the sound will blast you out.

No conspiracy here just poor adjustment.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here is a link to the similar occurrence here is Australia last year www.colinandrews.net... . There are some emails from the Bureau of Meteorology with conflicting information as to the cause.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

OK i do alot of work with radars, I am a captain on a supply vessel and have been doing this for more than 15 years. What I see is that the gains are set too high when this happens. When you have the gains set too high you will see this anomaly. What happens is that there are several targets in the same ring so each of those targets creates a long target sweep sometimes blending in to each other. That is what this is looking like. When you have the gains set too high this will happen. Settings like the main gain, rain gain, and in my case sea as well. you will get alot of stuff that you dont want on the radar. This is probably ground clutter that the radar is picking up in the same circle all blending into each other. When things are calmer you need to lower the gains so as not to pick up stuff you dont want on the radar.
Hope this helps. That is what it looks like to me anyway, ive seen it before many times.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by wcitizen
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

i cant see the munich one but the holland one is evident.
does this mean they are gonna flood southern england....its apparently been on the cards

It's possible....I've read various bits and pieces - rumors - that UK is being/about to be targeted. One theory is that there are fault lines going north from the mainland Europe area being HAARPED, so earthquakes could be triggered in southern UK.

I'm getting my 'go-bag' ready just in case.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hah, I actually saw this at the time it happened.
Living in Belgium I have that site in my favourites and check it often during the day. At the time I just figured cool glitch, still think that's the case to be honest.
Quite often there is some weird reading that can be seen on that site.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Amazing how people will ignore the science and persist with the conspiracy.

I guess it’s a case of ‘Is that all there is? There must be something more!”.

If all the conspiracies on here were true, society couldn’t function.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Is happening now on aussie radar how do you take a screen shot
www.bom.gov.au...

Look on your keyboard one button above delete

Hold it

Go into Paint and hit Ctrl + V

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Thank you! Its just reduced to a wedge shape thing now.I see these things all the time,so will practice!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

When you jump on the radar at BOM there is a banner on the top saying they are trying to reduce the interference.
I dont think they know,or if they do they aint gonna say anything.
Radar not set properly??You would expect more from that level of professional mind.
Do we now have incompetence in both Europe and Australia with radar operators.
Or is it something filthy and juicy they wanna keep from us.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Aint buying it.Recently its been happening a lot on Aus radar,is still going as i type.
Now we have incompetent radar operators in Australia and Europe,must have gone to the same class!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Since radars need to be adjusted each time they are used, why is it so surprising to find multiple instances of the same symptom?

If the knob is turned too far the other way you get a blank screen. Is that suspicious too?

Have you stopped to think of how many radars exist? We have 5 in our local city just for TV stations. Never mind the national weather system or airports.

Besides if a giant circle of clouds had really existed pilots and people on the ground would have seen it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
gday

check out Australian weather site...april 6 1140am local time...AST.
+ see "circular cloud" formation on radar...

www.bom.gov.au...

i cannot link the actual images into this thread,
but i have "screensaved" the relevant pics,
if someone can tell me how to "attach" it would be appreciated...

seeya

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If i'd have been told this was a glitch, not having any experience with radar, I'd have been happy. but....
the explanation i got from Meteox about Melting Circle's was a bit of a shock!
Now this.....
Seen this in a Daily uk newspaper Paper's Website
They say

These circular cloud formations on weather radar images are in fact caused by freak weather conditions disrupting radar antennae

Their expert from Mufon also said this

The radar only has a certain range out to which it can go -- that's the outer border of the doughnut. And the inner border of the doughnut

I love this readers comment

I am pleased to see the Daily Mail covering this phenomenon but Im sorry to see they didnt trouble to delve beyond an explanation of a UFO expert at MUFON. The 'Doughnut' you show over south west Australia came from my year long research into similar radar effects now being seen around the world. I got to tell you that not even the Australian Governments Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) agree with the explantion your UFO expert offers, i.e. Melting Snow. They are still themselves baffled by these - sound technical explantions can be given for some radar effects but not these. I mean, think about it, south west Australia "Melting Snow" - I dont think so. Try telling that to Aussies in that part of the dry, hot part of the continent

These explanations don't relate to the half circle in the video! now im Intrigued

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I seen today a such circle over my country,Romania,and I take a shot from radar image by print screen.
I really don't know what is it.

I dont know where I can upload the picture or send by e-mail.

Thank you.

edit on 9-4-2011 by CAVOK because: correction

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Weather radar work quite accurately up to 100km of its location. After that, the radar beam is very high (due to Earth being a spheroid) up to kilometres off the ground, depending on the radar beams width and azimuth. Now, these radar images of larger portions (for example a continent like Europe) are being calculated and put together from multiple radar's data from the imaged area. Just simply one radar dropping offline for a while, can produce anomalous images in the final radar product of the larger area.

Not to mention things in the atmosphere like inversion layers etc which also create quite funny looking radar images every now and then.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Amuoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by Amuoner because: typos

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bumping an old thread.

Apparently this happened on

Large ring over France, Belgium and Germany. Freezing temperatures. 02/02/2012

Not sure of the source, but was linked by a friend. Just found this thread, thought it was very interesting. Especially considering the very cold snap!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join