It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coolest/Funniest/Most Thought-Provoking Avatar Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

Just recently joined and really enjoy ATS.

I don't have an avatar myself (yet), but I've looked at several of them while posting on various topics, and some are quite cool/funny/thought-provoking. So...how about a contest to see who has the best avatar in each of those categories?

We can work out details, but I'm thinking something along the lines of each person who wants to enter their avatar post ONCE in the thread (maybe a separate thread for each category), and others can review and "star" each one they like. The avatar with the most stars by X date/time wins!

Whaddya think?

PS: We could do it with signatures too, for the more pithy among us!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This sounds really fun! I love almost all of the non-personal avatar pics on here. Some of you guys are just so creative it is beyond me ahah (: I would loveee to vote for pics

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

That's a nice idea, competitions are fuuuuuun!

I maintain my avatar is the coolest though..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. I never did figure out how to upload my own avatar though, even with the instructional video.

3rd

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think my Coffee drinking worm dudes might give you a run for your money Rising Against haha.

edit on 21-3-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What's an Avatar??? I don't watch many Cameron movies....

~Heff

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
I think my Coffee drinking worm dudes might give you a run for your money Rising Against haha.

edit on 21-3-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

Well, there's only one way to find out....

EDIT TO ADD: I hope there's a best dressed category as well. I'm a shoo in!

edit on 21-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Glad to see there's some interest. If you guys and gals can flag this to keep thread to keep it in sight for a bit, that should get some more people on board.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about it? I'm thinking a separate thread for each category, just so there's no confusion, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Also, how long should the contest go? one day, two, maybe three (probably not more than that, I would think).

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 21-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Like this?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bah, this thread made me change *clothes*.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Okay, I went ahead and made three threads for the avatar contests. They are below:

Most Thought-Provoking: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funniest: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coolest: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, post, flag, star, and enjoy!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
in

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
OK everyone....start posting! I can't wait to see the results....off the top of my head I can think of 2 I think should win!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Hey how about most awesomest avatar category. And though I did not make my cat avatar, it is one of the most awesomest thing I have ever seen, so I nominate me for having the most awesomest avatar. Though whoever actually took the pic of the ninja kitty and put it on the net, was a genius of the most highest of caliber, and really deserves the praise.

And to bad my cat is all old and fat, and lazy, and wouldn't look awesome in a ninja outfit at all, because I had the same thought of doing the same thing, before I found this pic. Ohh well, maybe next time.

new topics

top topics

join