It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this on google sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

It's a "star" that doesn't look like any other star in the sky. If it were a star, it would have to be close, relatively, to our star. If that were so, why isn't it named? To me, it looks like it could be reflecting light from our sun.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by leginge

I believe it is Nibiru because ancient civilizations such as Sumerians, Mayan etc spoke of this planet.

the Mayans never mentioned Nibiru, or any other mystery planet. The Sumerians make no reference to Nibiru as being a planet.

did you all read the same book by Zecharia Sitchin or what?

It depends on who's interpretation you believe. Many scholars decided to deny Sitchin and likes, because their interpretation of the writings were different. No one knows who's right, or even if someone's right. The fact that the majority of scholars don't agree with Sitchin's work doesn't make it false or wrong, not even more unlikely.

Sometimes it take one enlightened being to move humanity forward...Remember, the greatest geniuses of our world were almost all considered as delusional or crazy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by mesle123

It's a "star" that doesn't look like any other star in the sky. If it were a star, it would have to be close, relatively, to our star. If that were so, why isn't it named? To me, it looks like it could be reflecting light from our sun.

There are better programs than Google sky out there to see star positions...

Originally posted by Boncho
HIP 58661 - Star - around 500 lightyears away.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Would you care to explain where you got that name from? A google search comes up with nothing, except this thread at the top.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by boncho

Would you care to explain where you got that name from? A google search comes up with nothing, except this thread at the top.

This star in particular is listed in the Hipparcos Catalogue. You can go through it HERE where someone has been kind enough to organize them. However, the page will take a long time to load.

To find it another way you can download a free starmap program called stellarium.. You may have to download extra maps for HIP 58661 to be listed, I'm not sure if it is there on default.

You can see that in G-SKY and the other program I used, I was looking from a different angle, but that matters not because of the relation of NGC 4002 and 2COM to each other, which pinpoint HIP 58661.

From Stellarium

From Google Sky

HIP 58661 Close up

I couldn't find any information on the other bodies near HIP 58661, but they have a relatively low light radiance and they do not appear to orbit the star in question. Whether they are part of the same starsystem or they just appear to hang out together in the same area from our perspective, I'm not sure.

The odd shot you are looking at in SKY, just has to do with how the picture was taken. Nothing abnormal here.

*I would have given the full breakdown earlier but I didn't have the time to put it together.

edit on 21-3-2011 by boncho because: Formatting issues

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
hi guys,

very interesting i posted on a thread a while back that may be related if you want to take a look.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join