It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man jailed for spreading radiation rumors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Man jailed for spreading radiation rumors

ca.news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - Police in eastern China have jailed a man for 10 days and fined him 500 yuan ($76.13) for spreading rumors online that a blast at a quake-damaged Japanese nuclear plant had contaminated Chinese waters, state media said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wonder if such an incident could unfold here in North America if we start to say that B.C, WA and CA water is undrinkable because of the Japanese radiation leak?...

Depending on the extent one executes such rhetoric, without absolute proof, then I could see it possibly escalating to the point of being arrested.. Such as protesting a loud at work, public transit and public eateries but online?...

Hmmm...

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No it can't. If we even suspect something we should speak up. We are the employer group and they are overpaid managers of our assets and children's inheritance/employees. China is a fascist state.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Remember in Canada you think you have the right to free speech
Until you try.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
there are laws in the u.s. regarding yelling 'fire' in a theater.
i have no doubt they could be used in a case like this, or changed in order to be used.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Unfortunately, this all too true. I also find it hilarious how whenever somebody makes a negative comment about the state of Isreal here in Canada, the media blasts them as being anti-semetic... funny, I didn't realize all Jews came from Isreal, I didn't realize all Jews agree with the state of Isreal and its practices, and I didn't realize that condeming a state for its policies and atrocities is the same as condeming a religion, its people and culture... hmm... kind of makes you wonder about that "myth" of Jews and the media.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They could probably have you for doing that in the UK as well-they would call it "causing public disorder" or put you away for causing people to panic and damage things,or whatever they decide to call it.

No upsetting the applecart...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well China is certainly not the United States or Canada... I think if people were genuinely scared for their lives and health and were being arrested for speaking out for their fears, we'd have a minor SHTF scenario.
And if Westboro can stand around with signs saying "God hates fags" and "Thank god for dead soldiers" at military funerals, the government better as hell not start arresting people for being concerned about radiation.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People spread rumors about Nibiru all the time.

People spread rumors about impending major earthquakes all the time.

People spread rumors about massive solar flare disasters all the time.

People spread rumors about water pollution and subsequent food pollution all the time.

People spread rumors about Genetically Modified crops unleashing disaster all the time.

People spread rumors about alien invasions all the time.

People spread rumors about 2012 disasters all the time.

People spread rumors about population reduction plots all the time.

BUT When something ACTUALLY HAPPENS like the fukushima 4 nuclear disaster (which is STILL escalating), and people start warning others about the radiation hazards posed they get arrested?

I am calling COVER UP. This thing is getting outta control fast!

Pathetic govts. Pathetic!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/80001.html

Traces of radioactive substances detected in water in 9 prefectures

TOKYO, March 21, Kyodo

Trace amounts of radioactive substances were detected in tap water samples collected Sunday and Monday in nine prefectures but they were all below the intake limits set by the Nuclear Safety Commission, according to central and local governments.

Samples collected Sunday showed both radioactive iodine and cesium were found in Tochigi and Gunma, while iodine alone was found in Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Niigata and Yamanashi, showed a nationwide survey by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.

----------

Residents near Fukushima warned off tap water

www.rte.ie/news/2011/0320/japan.html

Residents in a village near the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan have been told by authorities not to drink tap water after high levels of radioactive iodine were detected.

Japan's health ministry said 965 becquerels per kg of radioactive iodine was found in water which was sampled on Sunday in Iitatemura, which is 40km from the Fukushima No 1 plant.

Abnormal but much lower levels of radioactive iodine had already been found in the water supply in Tokyo and surrounding prefectures.

AFP: Japan govt tells quake village to avoid tainted water

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hEp8azRzCLVcFbNPDZJSwzncAidw
edit on 21-3-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
is this an attempt at silencing people?
is this an attempt at silencing the truth?
will the govenments jail or assanate people who are concerned for the people?
when telling the truth becomes a crime
all you will hear is lies

xploder

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Well China is certainly not the United States or Canada... I think if people were genuinely scared for their lives and health and were being arrested for speaking out for their fears, we'd have a minor SHTF scenario.
And if Westboro can stand around with signs saying "God hates fags" and "Thank god for dead soldiers" at military funerals, the government better as hell not start arresting people for being concerned about radiation.

VERY good point, Sir.

Originally posted by jjjtir
english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/80001.html

Traces of radioactive substances detected in water in 9 prefectures

TOKYO, March 21, Kyodo

Trace amounts of radioactive substances were detected in tap water samples collected Sunday and Monday in nine prefectures but they were all below the intake limits set by the Nuclear Safety Commission, according to central and local governments.

Samples collected Sunday showed both radioactive iodine and cesium were found in Tochigi and Gunma, while iodine alone was found in Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Niigata and Yamanashi, showed a nationwide survey by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.

----------

Residents near Fukushima warned off tap water

www.rte.ie/news/2011/0320/japan.html

Residents in a village near the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan have been told by authorities not to drink tap water after high levels of radioactive iodine were detected.

Japan's health ministry said 965 becquerels per kg of radioactive iodine was found in water which was sampled on Sunday in Iitatemura, which is 40km from the Fukushima No 1 plant.

Abnormal but much lower levels of radioactive iodine had already been found in the water supply in Tokyo and surrounding prefectures.

AFP: Japan govt tells quake village to avoid tainted water

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hEp8azRzCLVcFbNPDZJSwzncAidw
edit on 21-3-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

However the man was arrested for talking about contaminated water in CHINA
edit on 21-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yes? I understand he was arrested in China. You mentioned wondering if it could happen here. I don't understand what you're getting at.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Yes? I understand he was arrested in China. You mentioned wondering if it could happen here. I don't understand what you're getting at.

^ OH... I thought you were stating "yes, there is contamination there..." You'd be surprised how many people think Japan, Thailand, Korea, etc is all China.

It USED to be however.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

You could possibly get more off topic than that but it would not be easy...

This is not about Israel, Judaism or the like.. The topic is; a man in China believed the waters there have become contaminated and said so on the internet.. They arrested him and fined him for it...

That's a pretty easy concept to grasp and is the topic at hand... just fyi

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Actually it very much has to do with the topic on hand as it shows the current state of our (I was responding to a fellow Canadian) media and how it parallels with Chinas (to some degree)... the question was could it happen here in North America as well? Clearly it can... not my fault you can't connect the dots.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You're dam right man. The cover up is so evident, it's out there and that chinese civilian just got arrested is yet another proof with the ones already there. That situation has to stop. Anyways I'm a believer that the outcome of all the global mess will all be revealed when the time will be right. Keep on being stong and on and on.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
there are laws in the u.s. regarding yelling 'fire' in a theater.
i have no doubt they could be used in a case like this, or changed in order to be used.

My first thoughts, exactly.

Falsely shouting fire, which creates a panic and immediate clear and present danger is against the law.

If someone were to create a panic by *falsely* claiming that the water supply is contaminated, and thereby creating a panic and crisis, one could easily be arrested, but ONLY if said announcement created an immediate clear and present danger (and not at some indeterminate future time), meaning, he would probably have to go around the town yelling the supply was contaminated and everyone was in danger, or giving real time updates in some form or another, or else it would not be an immediate clear and present danger.

Falsely creating an immediate panic is against the law, or intentionally creating a false panic.

ETA: Of course, this is for US law. I know not the laws of Canada or of other countries regarding this. China, though, doesn't surprise me (even if the man believed the water was contaminated).

edit on 21-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Quake damage occurred north and south of reactor site so the plant surely
suffered damage even though the reactor buildings didn't blow up for quite
awhile after wards.

Nothing for China to worry about except from the official word lying to the rest
of China when someone like Tesla who made accurate measurements is
still lied about.

He is probably right and China is being lied to.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This is exactly how New World Order globalists are conditioning us. Rights and the Constitution are slowly being destroyed; it's only a matter of time before speaking out against the government or trying to warn people about dangers being covered up is deemed illegal.

We must act soon... for the Fourth Reich is already here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join