It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These rumbling sounds were mentioned in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
reply to post by BuckNutty

As to the worldwide floods, it was their world who was flooded.
We also talk about World War I and II, but there were many countries untouched by them.

We have plenty of evidence that the world wars happened tho, as for the Great Flood(s) not so much. Stories used to explain why your city was hit by a Tsunami or Flooded, But I dont want this to turn into a religous debate.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuckNutty
The Bible also talks about Talking Burning Bushes, A Great World Wide Flood, and a Person living in a Whale. I wouldnt put alot of faith in it if i was you.

never be too sure of anything... reality is relative...

kx

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuckNutty
The Bible also talks about Talking Burning Bushes, A Great World Wide Flood, and a Person living in a Whale. I wouldnt put alot of faith in it if i was you.
Well you don't have to put faith in it as far as religion goes. But maybe it would be cool to see if any other references to phenomena like the recently described rumblings can be found in other ancient texts, religious or not. If we can link ancient references to any other interesting contexts, like periods of many quakes or great floods or comets, we might be clued in to things we should watch for in modern times. At the very least, ancient references could help us rule out man made causes from modern technology. Even in myths and religious writings, there are very ordinary accounts of the mundane routines of ancient life that give us insight into what the world was like in the times of our ancestors. It is throwing the baby out with the bathwater to dismiss the entire Bible out of hand just because it also happens to be a part of religions some people do not believe in and contains some fantastic accounts. It also contains some interesting information of historical and anthropological note as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have heard the sound described in the bible many times during my various ritual, and meditative endeavours. Though, nobody else could hear it. So, not quite like these verses.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

ah that was a mighty good laugh, thanks!
and I believe, it's just the way you presented it
edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Jesus was an alien with healing powers, Mary was a virgin with a baby because she was impregnated? The bible was written by other beings.

The rumbling noises from heaven.... Which is meant the noises came from space.

Therefore its ET related.

Being open minded here and ignoring the mainstream.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Bible is to some ATS posters as sunlight is to vampires so you are going to get a lot of completely off-topic hate-replies which are going to completely derail this thread.

That said, I dislike pulling verses from the Bible out of context and trying to fit it to current events. You can find a lot of information in the Bible but it is often a stretch to try to attribute a verse to a current event and not all that useful to do either.

In this case, the event itself is not understood. Now if the wind stopped all over the Earth - I've got a verse for that and if the Earth stops spinning I've got a verse for that as well - but context is important.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
"A noise in the house?" you dont say

top topics

<< 1   >>

join