It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These rumbling sounds were mentioned in the Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting."

this is from acts 2:2.....i think there are many more passages as well, from moses, and ezekiel i think......

"And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps" revelation 14:2

i hit enter before i was done posting sorry..more to come, or if you know any feel free to post)(
edit on 21-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm sure Earthquakes been happening since the beginning of our planet.

However, can you specify which verse? Was this in reveltations?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What was this verse referring to and what followed?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Book and verse would be nice, but I think you are refferencing the book of Acts, when the Holy Ghost fell on the Gentiles.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Acts 2:2 is the verse, but that aint no earthquake they're referring to, just the sound.
edit on 3/21/2011 by LoveSoldier because: I found the verse!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.

this is from acts 2:2.....i think there are many more passages as well, from moses, and ezekiel i think......

(i hit enter before i was done posting sorry..more to come, or if you know any feel free to post)

Probably a backed up toilet pipe guys .. don't get too religious about it just yet ... i'm sure a 'rumbling sound from heaven' would be heard by the whole world at once ..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't think it is connected, however the sound is reported to be heard by many, even draw crowds.
edit on 3/21/2011 by LoveSoldier because: osund= sound

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Bible also talks about Talking Burning Bushes, A Great World Wide Flood, and a Person living in a Whale. I wouldnt put alot of faith in it if i was you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

I'm not even religious!!!!!! i just remember hearing about this from such great shows as ancient aliens etc...a pretty strange correlation though....even though it's probably a natural phenomena, there seems to be historical documents describing what we are hearing now! meh

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuckNutty
The Bible also talks about Talking Burning Bushes, A Great World Wide Flood, and a Person living in a Whale. I wouldnt put alot of faith in it if i was you.

The bible was hardly the only (or even close to the first) ancient text to mention a great world wide flood.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BuckNutty

To believe in the paranormal requires a lot of what humans lack, unfortunately..

People sometimes get a peek into the unknown, but no one believes it unless they see it and hear it for themselves, usually..

When it happens, like these rumbling noises, no one has a clue including officials, military, take your pick..
edit on 21-3-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by BuckNutty

The bible was hardly the only (or even close to the first) ancient text to mention a great world wide flood.

Like the Hindu story of Manu and Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh? Myths and Legends with no Evidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
When it happens, like these rumbling noises, no one has a clue including officials, military, take your pick..
edit on 21-3-2011 by alienreality because: eta

From what many are describing, sound is also similar to a volcano undergoing an explosive eruption. Been there, Mt Pinatubo eruption in 1991, 100 kms away.

Heard a low sounding jet liner like rumbling sound for more than 15 minutes but since all the planes in our vicinity has been grounded due to the ash cloud....

...Possibly the noise is volcanic or tectonic in origin. Just a year before the eruption, we also had a major earthquake.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed"And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps" revelation 14:2

More like haarpists playing their haarps...lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is plain to see that the earth is preparing for a great shift. It has done this countless times before however, humans have accelerated this process with our industrial progress. We can find signs in texts and ancient manuals but we must also look at through the eyes of the people writing it at that time. They were not as connected and as intelligent as we are today. These sounds are the platonic plates shifting and moving the earth is going to cleanse itself while we look for answers that are not there. There are so many systems and circumstances to take into consideration to even logical explain what is happening, be for warned without change from ALL of us QUICKLY...

We have sealed our FATE!

More thoughts here
deadearthindustries.com
edit on 21-3-2011 by deAXter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

To believe in the paranormal requires a lot of what humans lack, unfortunately..

People sometimes get a peek into the unknown, but no one believes it unless they see it and hear it for themselves, usually..

Then Please Explain why do people believe in Religion?

edit on 21/3/11 by BuckNutty because: Trying to fix things

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

A rumbling is different from a rushing wind. The rushing wind probably sounded more like when a low flying jet flies over. A loud rumbling of the Earth moving would be, well, a loud rumbling. Bible verses are broken up as such because it was written almost poetically, though they are best understood in the context of the rest of the passage. Try to look at the Bible from a Macro-perspective rather than a Micro-perspective. They didn't mean to have singular verses such as these to hold a message by themselves. That's just how I see it.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Could it be as simple as thunder?
Many ancient civs thought thuder was whatever god being angry/having a dust up with another god etc...
People all over the world today are on edge after recent events,and may be reading more doom into noises they hear.

Remember alot of normal industrial practices/subway trains cause deep rumbling too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'll tell you something I never told anyone outside pf my closest family.

15 years ago I left my house to pick up my daughter, who was partying somewhere. It was three in the morning.

I lived then in a small village at the sea with only one road leading out., That road had houses on one side and the other side was empty with bushes everywhere.
Any how, when I passed a bend in the road, I stepped on the brake like crazy, because there was a fire. When I stopped I saw it was only one bush on the side of the road that was burning. I studied it for a while and saw nobody coming out of the houses, everybody seemed asleep. So I was thinking I should wake the people who lived in front of that fire, but somehow I was too afraid.

I was sitting there in my car for more than 30 min. feeling a complete fool. Nothing else was on fire, it was contained to that bush only.
It didn't smell, I saw no smoke.

Then I thought of my daughter waiting for me in the middle of the night outside a disco, so I stepped on the gas and passed the burning bush as quick as I could.

On the way back I had to pass that road again. I was seriously thinking about sleeping in the car, but my daughter urged me on.

It was still burning and see saw it also. She wanted me to go back and sleep in the car, but then I did the same as before. Passing it as fast as I could.

It looked like a normal fire, nut somehow I was very afraid.

The next day when the sun was high, we went back to see what happened to the fire.

There was nothing to see. the bush was not burned at all.

I don;t do drugs and I don't drink., btw.

A bit off topic, but from then on I think there are many many things we don't understand.

As to the worldwide floods, it was their world who was flooded.
We also talk about World War I and II, but there were many countries untouched by them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

very nice
it took me a second, (hate to admit that)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join