It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix may be reality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Most likely yes. I didn't read the whole thread, I only read a couple of opinions. But like you, that it something I believe too. I haven't read this anywhere else, it's just something I've always believed.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Agreed - this is a dauntingly long thread, Thao!

Now I'm curious about something that I'll hope you'll find the time to answer. That "belief" you mention - you say you've always had it & didn't read about it somewhere, like I did.

Now I'm very interested to know whether you ever used to have another feeling or belief when you were a young child, one that I think is rather a sophisticated concept for children, & one that I & at least one other member shared. I first mentioned it on P.3
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it was further elaborated on p.4 of this topic - the feeling that our "reality" existed only when we were actually looking at it. Did you ever feel that way?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi - I'm new around here...

I've often wondered if the weather might somehow be affected by the human psychie - anyone ever tried 'Cloud Bursting'? Everytime I've tried it seemed to work.

And why is it that bad weather always seems to turn up at the week-end? Is it because we expect it to be bad and therefore our expectations are fulfilled?

If we are indeed trapped in 'the matrix' then maybe we do have the ability to make subtle changes to our reality just by thinking about them - more significant changes may be affected by a concerted effort from hundreds or even thousands of people all wishing for the same goal.

Perhaps the current extreme weather is a product of our collective worries about terrorism, the situation in Iraq and other troubled areas of the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
Agreed - this is a dauntingly long thread, Thao!

Now I'm curious about something that I'll hope you'll find the time to answer. That "belief" you mention - you say you've always had it & didn't read about it somewhere, like I did.

Now I'm very interested to know whether you ever used to have another feeling or belief when you were a young child, one that I think is rather a sophisticated concept for children, & one that I & at least one other member shared. I first mentioned it on P.3
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it was further elaborated on p.4 of this topic - the feeling that our "reality" existed only when we were actually looking at it. Did you ever feel that way?

Yes, I have had other beliefs when I was a child. One of those beliefs was I could control the weather
One day in the school playground I was stood in the centre moving my hands about like I was some kind of wizard. I was doing it when the sun was coming in and out behind a cloud and I actually believed I was controlling it lol.

But on a more serious note, I have had a feeling for a long time something just doesn't seem right. I've felt there is definately more to us than people are led to believe. Like for example our minds, alot of people claim to have deja-vu well perhaps that is us doing something with the power of our minds (psychic ability?). Some people are born with this unlocked and have the natural ability, others like the rest of us are born with this locked so are unable to have the gift, but there are occurences that everyone will experience from time to time, where we are able to tell something is going to happen. I believe this is us unlocking the feature that is hidden in our minds without knowing - people tend to say this happens when they feel confident and when they are relaxed.

I don't however believe we are in a matrix world. I believe we are in 1 dimension and there being many others - believing that spirits, God etc exists in another realm from this one - which might explain some of the descriptions when dying, concerining the 'white light' and a 'tunnel'.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard_BR26354

I've often wondered if the weather might somehow be affected by the human psychie - anyone ever tried 'Cloud Bursting'? Everytime I've tried it seemed to work.

Just imagine the lawsuits if someone could get slightly irritated and cause a hurricane to form because their mood isn't good. Everyone would go crazy with lawsuits about rain/no rain, cloudy and too cold or sunny and too hot. I like the temps in the 60's or 70's F. but someone else might think a nice day is in the upper 80's. Everyone would be getting ticked off at whoever was controlling the weather or messing with it for that matter. So even if someone could alter the weather, they would be wise to keep it secret unless they were really like Theo in the matrix and didn't have to put up with all the crap. Even a relatively cool summer in the US would tick off farmers if their crops didn't grow enough.

I've been thinking we're going to have a cold spell in the winter, just don't blame me when it happens. Years ago, I heard on the evening news that a guy called AL NINO in California even had a death threat phone call among several harassing phone calls. Apparently several people seriously thought that he was the cause of all the weather problems when El Nino was reported to be the source of the weather problems on the news a few years back. I don't know why so many in the general public think some people can really cause the weather to be a certain way. I've heard the weather man/girl get blamed for so much bad weather when they didn't do a thing (except get the forecast wrong).

[edit on 6-9-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mags
usnisa.org...

also relative to topic

mags, I've read through some of the material presented in this link, and I'm afraid it's quite beyond me. For example -

Since "life" is experientially demonstrable to be weightless__ergo, metaphysical__its awareness and comprehension of meanings synchronize exclusively with the nonphysical intervals concentrically occurring between the only physically sensed frequencies of exclusively inanimate, radiantly propagated, electromagnetic-wave phenomena.

Both death and life are complementary metaphysical functions interspersing and embracing our electromagnetic physical experience. Life's physical reality is constituted by the unique frequency identifications of the chemical elements and their atomic components as well as the humanly tune-in-able "color" frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum's concentrically interpositioned occurrences (usually published by humans as a chart of positions along any one radius of the omnidirectional comprehensive concentric system). The metaphysical cognition of life-death reality is constituted exclusively by all the intervals between and beyond__inwardly and outwardly__ all of the comprehensive electromagnetic phenomena sensed by human organisms.

I'd heard very little about Buckminster Fuller before this [to my shame]. And I feel it will take me quite some time to read & hopefully understand his theories. But before I do, here's another interesting quote from the same link -

Nature is inherently eight-dimensional, and the first four of these dimensions are the four planes of symmetry of the minimum structure of Universe-the omnitriangulated, equi-vector-edge tetrahedron. In respect to the conceptual pre-time-size tetrahedron's volume taken as unity 1, with its six unit-vector-edge structure, the always conceptual-independent-of-size family of primitive, pre-time-size, least complex polyhedra have the following exact volumes-the vector-triangulated cube 3, the octahedron 4, the rhombic triacontahedron 5, and the rhombic dodecahedron 6. When the size information is introduced, it occurs only as frequency of modular subdivision of each unit vector structuring of the primitive family's respective 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-tetravolumes. Frequency to the third power, F3 , values then multiply the primitive, already-four-dimensional volumetric values. In physically realized time-size each has therefore 4 + 3 = 7 dimensions, but since each system is inherently independent in Universe and therefore has spinnability, one more dimensional factor is required, making a total of eight dimensions in all for experientially evidencing physical reality.

As for deciphering what this means, and whether this has any bearing on the topic - I fear I'm confusing my ambition with my ability, alas.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry the original links were too broad, it was a lot to look through, this link discusses time:

www.rwgrayprojects.com...

quote from site:
"Minimal consciousness evokes a nonsimultaneous sequence, ergo time. Time is not the fourth dimension and should not be so identified. Time is only a relative observation, a set of local sequences of experience afterimage formulation lags of the brain. Time is not a function of space. We can discuss time as if there were no time. It exists in weightless, metaphysical conceptuality. There is a metaphysical timeless time, just as there is a difference between physical tetrahedron and metaphysically conceptual but weightless, substanceless tetrahedron. Instantaneity would eliminate otherness, time, and self-and-other-awareness. Instantaneity and eternity are both timeless: they are the same."

I am currently reading The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene, which is about string theory. This theory (once worked out thouroughly) could link the laws that govern tiny particles (quantum mechanics) and the laws that govern huge planetary systems (general relativity). This was Einstein's dream, to find a single theory that would embrace all of nature's laws (unified theory)

www.pbs.org...

As you see we could have our "matrix" which in theory explains that EVERYTHING is made up of tiny "strings" that resonate at different frequencies.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
mags, could I trouble you one more time, as I'm really trying to get a handle on this [within my limited capacity]?

That first link in your last post leads me to a "Comments" page, where one can enter a new comment on Section 529. Could you perhaps provide the link from which you made that quote, as I'd like to read that section in more depth.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Oh the matrix is reality!!! Here's how it was made!

whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Ezekial]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
usnisa.org...

Bastet, this link will take you to section 528 (size) just scroll down a little to section 529 (time), you willl find the quote there.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Many thanks for that, mags. This is going to take me some time to go through, & I'm going to read up some more on "Bucky" too - so much intellect in one human being!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
this thread really touches my heart. well no thats not possible!
yea i find it really interesting that matter cant touch other matter. i always tell my friends that and they are like huh? hopefully the matrix has a backup power supply, it would be bad if the power were to go out
anyone ever read the book hyperspace by michio kaku? its got a lot on this area of science and its a pretty good read

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
the matrix could be reality, but not in our world

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If we are really in a matrix, I may need to wake up. I usually enjoy the little storms but I am starting to get tired of these big monster storms. It's interesting to think of the whole world as a dream. For instance in a dream if I get upset, so does the weather. I wonder what would happen to the world if I woke up from this dream though. On the other hand even if I believe this world is a dream, I just can't seem to get that lucid thing going while I'm awake. Oh well, I guess that has to wait to have a dream within a dream.

ok someone please ask the matrix programmers to forecast Ivan and Jeanne to leave me alone now. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
aftering reading the first post I have to skip and say this...(besides I REALLY need sleep)

I have channeled with the other side, my guide is Ea and someone named Cynthia, they both helped me realize that reality is a game...

A game composed out of matter to occupy our time as an entity that has always existed...

A world that has restrictions and laws that can't be broken...

This provides us with a challenge, something to live in, something to do...

at first I didn't agree with the statement that Satanist (which I am essentially) believe in this, but now I do...

Thank you...

Nox

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Correction!

We DO live in the matrix!

Our fascist technocracy is pacifying our thoughts with the bells and whistles of America, blinding us to class segregation.

E_T

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
Our fascist technocracy is pacifying our thoughts with the bells and whistles of America, blinding us to class segregation.
Here's some very good stuff to read.

Escaping the Matrix

No Longer Obeying Orders

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If all of this were true....

I want a damn upgrade....

Maybe it really IS why everything tastes like chicken???

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Speaking of chicken, I don't eat that stuff anymore for personal reasons.

Substituted with turkey.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the Illuminati and the reptilians from the lower 4th dimension.
I think there is a connection between the reptilians and the matrix.

Could it be that the reptilians are the programmers of the matrix?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join