It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the Years 2015 The mayans where WRONG!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
www.theologyweb.com...

You can blame Dionysius Exiguus for that blunder. He was a 6th century monk who came up with the idea of redefining the year from the birth of Jesus (AD = Anno Domini) instead of the founding of Rome (AUC = Anno Urbis Condita). He knew that Jesus began His ministry shortly after John began his, in the 15th year of the reign of Tiberius, around 783 AUC. Tiberius began ruling in AD 14, around 768 AUC, and that Jesus was about thirty years old (Luke 3:23) when He began His ministry. That would make Jesus to be born in 753 AUC, which is what Dionysius defined as 1 BC, specifically December 25. The New millennium began a week later, January 1, AD 1. The only problem is that Herod the Great died four years earlier, around 749 AUC. Luke says that Jesus was about 30 years old. Estimates are that Jesus was born anywhere from 6 BC to 4 BC. Jesus probably began His ministry around AD28. He would be anywhere from 31-33 years of age.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dionysius Exiguus (Dennis the Small, Dennis the Little or Dennis the Short, meaning humble) (c. 470 – c. 544) was a sixth century monk born in Scythia Minor, modern Dobruja shared by Romania and Bulgaria. He was a member of the Scythian monks community concentrated in Tomis, the major city of Scythia Minor. Dionysius is best-known as the inventor of the Anno Domini era, which is used to number the years of both the Gregorian calendar and the (Christianized) Julian calendar.

And he screw it up lol

So folks it is really around the year 2015 ....
So the myan calendar of the end of the world at 2012 would have happen3 years ago for us...around 2008 or so.

Just wanting to know how you can still but faith in the world ending predictions of mayans when the world should have ended in 2008 or so.

edit on 21-3-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ZOMG!!!!
We were supposed to be dead 3 years ago.
So I guess we need to change everything.
Get ready folks..... Dec21 2016
Movie coming to a theatre near you

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
AHHHHHH
AHHHHHH
AHHHHHH

I'm simulated how sarcastic i am when i yell at how worried i am about the world ending.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
ZOMG!!!!
We were supposed to be dead 3 years ago.
So I guess we need to change everything.
Get ready folks..... Dec21 2016
Movie coming to a theatre near you

I think so this 2012 doom has been postponed lol

Debunked and closed lol

Honestly if our calender is wrong which it is...by as much as 4 year's.
The mayan prediction should have already happen.
Thus it is yet another prediction that has failed.
Right?
At least i would think so.

edit on 21-3-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I think you are mistaken Ive read through your link and others nothing relating to it being 2015 and it's the Mayans not the myns ....re read your wiki file and help me to believe its actually 2015 ....But its just not there it really is 2011
edit on 21-3-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If i am not mistaken...
The Mayans didnt chisel 2012 on their calendar...

The Mayan calender is based on astrological events not dates... So it doesnt matter what year it is... cos the events the Calendar "predict" is still on course to happen... whatever they may be...

but interesting post none the less...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So you think the Mayans were consulting with the Greeks and Romans while making their calendar? Not using the stars and other factors to make their calculations? They sent faxes, eh? Maybe sent email? The Pony Express? A message in a bottle? WTF, man? Did you think this through at all?

Or do you actually mean that *we* got their calculations wrong? The Mayans were not wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
If i am not mistaken...
The Mayans didnt chisel 2012 on their calendar...

The Mayan calender is based on astrological events not dates... So it doesnt matter what year it is... cos the events the Calendar "predict" is still on course to happen... whatever they may be...

but interesting post none the less...

Exactly.... its all to do with the movement of the planets all callendars are based on that....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think this thread has expired

FAIL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

FAIL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
I think you are mistaken Ive read through your link and thers nothing relating to it being 2015 and it's the Mayans not the myns ....re read your wiki file and help me to believe its actually 2015 ....But its just not there

The mistake is our calender man.
It is based on Jesus death and Resurrection.
Ad=Anno Domini
www.historyforkids.org...

A.D. stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for "year of our Lord," and it means the number of years since the time of Jesus Christ. That was 2000 years ago, so the date 500 A.D. means 1500 years ago.

He used the bible to for the AD reference.
the guy in that post on first link describes it best.
www.theologyweb.com...

Dionysius Exiguus for that blunder. He was a 6th century monk who came up with the idea of redefining the year from the birth of Jesus (AD = Anno Domini) instead of the founding of Rome (AUC = Anno Urbis Condita). He knew that Jesus began His ministry shortly after John began his, in the 15th year of the reign of Tiberius, around 783 AUC. Tiberius began ruling in AD 14, around 768 AUC, and that Jesus was about thirty years old (Luke 3:23) when He began His ministry. That would make Jesus to be born in 753 AUC, which is what Dionysius defined as 1 BC, specifically December 25. The New millennium began a week later, January 1, AD 1. The only problem is that Herod the Great died four years earlier, around 749 AUC. Luke says that Jesus was about 30 years old. Estimates are that Jesus was born anywhere from 6 BC to 4 BC. Jesus probably began His ministry around AD28. He would be anywhere from 31-33 years of age

That would make Jesus to be born in 753 AUC, which is what Dionysius defined as 1 BC, specifically December 25. The New millennium began a week later, January 1, AD 1

And thus in a nutshell our calender is off and the mayan doom is postponed.

Either way ya want to look at it...this is not 2012 ..and there is no 2012 doom prediction gonna happen lol

link   
have you considered maybe the mayans knew that the dates would have been altered. Plus they dont state 2012 in their calender. Get your facts straight buddy.

link   
have you considered maybe the mayans knew that the dates would have been altered. Plus they dont state 2012 in their calender. Get your facts straight buddy.

link   
reply to post by EvolEric

100% correct....the progression of the constellations. it recycles on the winter solstice in 2012. it takes around 26000 years.....we will be very lucky humans to see/experience it!!!

as to what will happen...that's up to us

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't see the new age, thus I feel that any such event has yet to happen.
2nd

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

FAIL

Awesome fail you posted the exact same post with 2 separate accounts lol
need attention much?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Not trying to be mean...

but...

what part of

The Mayans didnt chisel 2012 on their calendar... The Mayan calender is based on astrological events not dates... So it doesnt matter what year it is... cos the events the Calendar "predict" is still on course to happen... whatever they may be...

do you not understand?! The Gregorian Calendar and Mayan Calendar are not the same and have nada to do with each other...

You gave a good attempt... should have researched more... always research....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

FAIL

Awesome fail you posted the exact same post with 2 separate accounts lol
need attention much?

Nope sorry bud I have one account.... I think others feel the same way.... haha for you ....And again as we all are saying to you the mayans did not say 2012 they said the procesion of the equinox which will occur on our callendar in 2012 so do your homework and dont be so eager to be right all the time

FAIL
edit on 21-3-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: forgot to add the FAIL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, I can not say I believe there is going to be total destruction come the 2012 date. But as far as the Mayan people and their meticulous calculations, well I have to agree with the people making a point of the Mayan's astrological use in their observations. I see it as, you can have a length of rope, and no matter where you think it will end, the end of the rope will be the end ( I am talking more along the lines if you connected both ends of the rope, the cycle will begin againat that point. According to the astrological cycles and movements of the celestial bodies that we can currently observe, the Mayan calendar is still on course. But I am not an Astronomer, so don't take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatifitweretrue

Ok i am just gonna say this once cause yall are not grasping my point lol
en.wikipedia.org...

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012,[1][2][3] which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed.

And there calender ends 2012 CORRECT?
But the true date is of the calender is the year 2015 or 2014ish.

The year 2012 was giving by a scholar who translated it...the year 2012 was given based on our calendar.
The mayans calender when they was conquered had no idea of AD or jesus...So why would you think they they had AD590 or when ever they all died off?
They didnt they had there own calender....
The 2012 date was based on our calendar of there predictions...
and that time has past years ago...cause our calendar is wrong.

Do you not see the error yet?

There is no doom on 2012 so give it up lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join