It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the Years 2015 The mayans where WRONG!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I say this all the time, but its only because I see it all the time.......

Why is it that people trying to debunk 2012 or the end times theories don't bother to research it before trying to debunk, they constantly make themselves look silly and give credibility to the believers.

would of had a good thread if you'd left it at the Gregorian or Julian.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kermithermit111
I think this thread has expired

FAIL

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
I think this thread has expired

FAIL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I think this is all irrelevant because as many have stated, the Mayans never gave a date. So be it 2012 or 2017 there calender is still coming to an end in 21 months!

And to say that the Mayan got things wrong and NASA gets things right.....well tell me this. The Mayan used there eye's to see the star's not technology like NASA have. So to be fair there will be mistakes and they will be off by NASA's calculations.

So come 21/12/2012 or 21/12/2017 the Mayan calender still comes to an end and stats over again!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well for this to be true the Mayans would have had to have said the world would end. They NEVER said that!

Why do people always over look that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You are going to need more than wiki to get a point across wiki means nothing in here so think you better go back to the drawing board.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Op, you are contradicting yourself bigtime.

If you say that NASA studied the alignments that the Mayans gave and found them to be incorrect, and we really are in 2015, then don't you think that would nullify NASA's own work? Cause if nobody knows what year it really is, then how the hell can NASA's know that the Mayans alignment was off?

I'm sure NASA forgot to account for pole shifting. I'm not talking about the big ones, I'm talking about all the 8.0 + Earthquakes that have nudged the poles over large amounts of time. We know that the recent EQ in Japan moved the physical poles 8 inches. I wonder how many thousands and thousands of 9.0-10.0 Eq's have occured since the Mayans?

What about continental movements? Did they account for those too?

Also: Would you care to point me to where the Mayans say it's gonna be doom and gloom? I'll gladly wait for your answer. (Not expecting one cause there is no such thing)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Mayan Calender never predicted the end of the world. Your post is great none the less, so this end of the world scenario already played out then? Awesome, next BS prediction please

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This thread has completely changed my life.

not

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hahaha you're right! We would be in 2015 if we were really counting from JC's birth, but, well, we are not. We are counting from a non-matching with JC's birth date, but counting on that basis anyway, so we're legitimately 2011 today... What a mess!

Mayans anyway were predicting long after that. It's funny how we all speak of Mayans as if we even knew Mayan and had really read their predictions

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The reason people thinks that it will be a cataclysmic event is because the basis of this calender, I thought, was that it mysteriously stops. The rest of the mayan calenders that had been made were quite precise while this one just ends up stopping. Maybe the mayans didn't want to keep writing. Maybe the cycle just keeps going on. Maybe they had their own problems causing their own extinction. no one knows.

If you really want to get into something like the galactic equinox, and how the mayans knew about it and a 25,800 year cycle of our ages. Then go ahead. I don't know much about the age we're coming into nor do I even want to pretend that these people had no idea what they were doing. I could imagine that you'd see a pattern at the solstices and equinoxes where things might happen. For all anyone knows the great flood and/or the ice age were both during a solstice or equinox. The biggest problem is just that. Not knowing. Supposedly this is the first time that ,in mans intelligent history, the human race has ever seen an equinox. (considering the last one was about 13k years ago.) For those who don't know the galactic equinox is supposed to be what happens in 2012. Our planet will have an uninterupted straight line to the black hole in the center of our galaxy. Well also be going from the age of Pisces to Aquarius.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Cataclysmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysmo

Uh

Buh

Nuh

No, it does not mysteriously stop. It stops after the procession of several cycles! It stops very, very rationally. Saying it mysteriously stops is like saying that a day mysteriously stops after 24 hours.

You are correct about their other calendars not stopping, because they have higher and higher cycles of time. But that is actually completely disregarded by most of the 2012 doomsayers, and suggests that they didn't think the world was ending at the end of that calendar.

It's like saying "This annual calendar ends! There is no more time after this calendar year!" and ignoring the fact that we also count in decades, centuries, and millenia.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here's a nice little website for info and theories on Mayan 2012 calender.

P.S. Anyone know how to embed videos on here?

Website dedicated to the Mayan Calender
edit on 21-3-2011 by Cataclysmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To be as brief as possible, the solar dating system that is the Gregorian calendar that you swear by, inherited a number of flaws in them. The most obvious one would be of the missing day every century, owing to the rounding up of 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.25 seconds to 3651/4 days in the Julian calendar that was used before the Gregorian one, which by the 16th century, saw to the ‘disappearance’ of 14 days! In addition, Pope Gregory, who authorized the conversion to the Julian calendar in 1582, shifted the calendar by 11 days, which saw the calendar leap from March 4, 1582 to March 15 the next day. In addition, the new calendar is still losing 30 seconds from the solar cycle annually. Add to the fact that the Julian calendar that was adopted by, who else, Julius Caesar in the eight century made a leap of 67 days to sync with the solar cycle, and upon his death, there were confusions with the methodology involved, with the most damaging being the three years leap years (instead of the now common four). Recalculating the Great Cycle in its entirety against the modern calendar, taking into account the faults and adjustments incorporated into it would reveal that the prophesized date would in fact be on October 28, 2011

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, what more can be said!

OP, you should research much more for your next thread, if there is one.
An understanding of the nature of Time (as understood by the Maya) as apposed to the calendrical system we are used to using would help enormously too.
I'm still chuckling at your naively (you're young, so that naivety's natural) repeated insistence on NASA being the sum of all scientific truths, sorry!

It's ok to be scared (ask any soldier - fear is a friend, not an enemy!), but you do yourself an enormous disservice by surrounding yourself in denials and falsehoods in an attempt to alleviate your concerns.

Take Care.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

first of all the mayans did not say the world was going to end and everybody is going to die, that is just what some of todays man thinks it is. When the mayan calender ends, it just starts over again no doom and gloom

Plus this "2012" end date was to be of jubilation for the mayans a celebration so saying anything about the mayans being wrong about the "end of the world" is not correct

Also, the Mayans have nothing to do with Gregorian calender, so how could the mayans be wrong that it's not 2012?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I would like to agree with my fellow ATS posters of the probability being 2011 time window.

I would like to add this find concerning the dateline put up by 9Nania/Timeline 4/11-2/12 Encoded in '2012' Movie:
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I haven't learned how to embed vid's yet. Perhaps another ATS member will embed this.

I am intrigued by her interpretation of symbols. I am not sure yet how I feel about the content she is presenting, but I feel the importance of tryng to discern the truth that may be found within her analysis.

your Planetary Sister

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What ever it takes to get people to stop thinking that they know for a fact when the "big problem" will come and that 2012 is being spread throughout the media around the world to get all to look there instead of noticing the set up......It doesnt matter what the date is for the predicitions....Only that we are in 2011....

In deed 2012 might be a big time for the world but the chance that we were fed this date meaning that a surprise attack is the motive makes more sense. Be ready now. If you are waiting for 2012 then if it happened tomorrow you would never expect it and would be no where near ready.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So basically.. The Amused... you are saying that since NASA.. a government run agency.. isn't possibly saying what ever they want to the mass population of "sheeple"? Do you really think that if the world was going to end that the government who doesn't give 2 #s about your well being is going to tell you that it was going to happen? Do you know what would happen if there were actual fact and knowledge spread that the world would really end in 2012 by someone in a power position such as our government? Do you think order would be maintained? That's the only way our country runs the way it does.. with fear and control with the illusion of the exact opposite. We help people after we destroy their way of life. When FEMA comes knocking on my door trying to move me to a camp.. i'm going off the deep end and moving to the middle of nowhere.. anyone who wants to join me is welcome

edit on 21-3-2011 by astronomik because: left out some thoughts

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OMG i still cant see why yall are arguing this .

I suck at explaining stuff so barre with me.

Our calender we go buy is off by as much as 4 year's or more.FACT.
The Mayan calendar based on star chart's that was proven wrong BY NASA and many other's ends 12-21-2012.
The cycle they claim was the end of a cycle is not correct even astrology wise...No respectable astronomer will claim validity to them.

The date 12-21-2012 is based on our calendar not there's.
As if it would matter anyways...there star charts was wrong to start with lol

Even when they translated the date 12-21-2012 was given by the people who translated it So we would know the date they mentioned or predicted as the end of the cycle.
They did not add the fact the date they gave us is wrong...for this is the year 2014 or 2015 ..not 2011 at the moment.
So either way you want to look at it the date and the entire Mayan prediction stuff is wrong as can be.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I must say its a mystery itself how threads like theese always end up like this.

And please, time is a manmade concept. To put an exact date to an event that allegedly has been on the horizon for 56.000 years is kind of cocky, let alone impossible. Infinite variables.
All the Mayans saw were movement and cosmis cycles. How they got to know all the other, tbh more intresting stuff is beyond me.

Anyone heard of the 'looking glass'? How come they were never able to accurately predict an event?
Because nothing is static and both we as humans, and nature, change all the time. We make decisions in the NOW, and it's here any event is created.

Any prophecy\prediction that has failed, is a prediction that has 'suceeded' in the eyes of many prophets..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join