It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bombing Civilians to protect Civilians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just came across this story and I was disgusted. We have American CEO's starting Wars in Egypt forcing a shift in powers and now we are in Libya Bombing Civilians to help Civilians?

Chavez said the U.S. is after Libya's oil, and warned President Barack Obama not to try any similar intervention in the South American country. "With Venezuela, don't even think about it, Mr. Obama," he said.

Chavez, who has long-standing ties to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, demanded the airstrikes be halted in Libya and echoed claims of civilian victims by its government, which said 48 people were killed.

"Civilian victims have now begun to appear because some bombs are launched — 200, 400 bombs from out there at sea — and those bombs fall where they fall," Chavez said during his weekly television and radio program.

"Libya is under imperial fire. Nothing justifies this," Chavez said, holding up a newspaper showing an explosion on the front page.

Link

Has the world gone MAD???? If another country came to our country because they claimed they wanted to help us get the idiots out of office that are in there now.....I for one might buy into it.....that is until they started killing innocent people. Live and Let live people. I am disgusted with the choices our government seems to be making because it reflects on me and no amount of oil or riches gives them the right to destroy even one human life.

Is THIS what we stand for America???? Count me OUT!!!!!!

This is a Disgrace to the Human Race.........
edit on 20-3-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Indeed, yet idiots all around the world believe the mainstream media thats perpetuating the truth that civilians are at risks. They are surrounding IRAN for the eventual showdown, all these countries that have been liberated by the "Western Powers" or "Zionist State" or "Empire" have one thing in common, they toppled the puppet and nationalized their resources.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
And once again there is no reason for it just like the afghanistan. There is no goal or what is the goal? And the president doesn;t even have to address we the American people and say hey this what we are doing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

If you buy ANYTHING Chavez says, you need more education or experience with that creep.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
And once again there is no reason for it just like the afghanistan. There is no goal or what is the goal? And the president doesn;t even have to address we the American people and say hey this what we are doing.

Iraq is where there was no reason. The perps of 911 operated with the support and blessings of the Taliban - I'd call that reason to smash them.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by majkaveli

You might be right with all that is going on the eye and the foucs is not on Iran even though they have had some protest.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Okay we have smashed them and smashed them. how long does it take to smash them??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How do we know the exact numbers of killed civilians, and how do we know they are all civilians? I am not promoting violence, however we need to be aware that the dictator is the only one controlling the reports on civilian causalities..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

It doesn't say how many but I think you missed the point.........ONE is to many! We should value human life more. If it was one of your family members and they were the only one to die would it be worth it then?

A DISGRACE!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

If my family was in Benghazi, it could be one of the "one too many" tonight. The videos I see on the television only shows some wounded guys dressed in military . I do not sat that "this is right" or "all the victims are military" , I just say we do not have the correct information to make a judgement yet. Sorry, living my childhood under the dictatorship of Ceausescu makes me think twice on this aspect. I am psychologically conditioned to hate dictators, sorry!
edit on 20-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Okay we have smashed them and smashed them. how long does it take to smash them??

Don't ask me: I was a Navy Bubblehead, not a ground-pounder. One or two torpedoes usually settled the hash in my world.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is what authoritarians do.

Why do you think cops draw guns on a suicidal man?

Just hope nobody starts protesting here or the UN will send brits and frogs to bomb us for our own good.

top topics

join