It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal Youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I had been pondering this thought, wouldn't it be feasible that the Atlanteans had discovered/had in their possession the fountain of youth. Ponce de leon thought he found the fountain of youth "around" the Florida area. There is also the mysterious Bimini Road in the Bahamas.
Edgar Cayce, the famed sleeping psychic, believed the Bimini Road was the pathway to Atlantis. Not only that, but it is fabled that the Atlanteans life span was a considerable amount of time, longer than the life span we have in this present day.
Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I dont know who "fabled" that bit about Atlantean lifespans, but fable is exactly the word I would have chosen too. I have read Plato's Critias several times and it's not in there.

Do you think you could offer me a little reading material about the fountain of youth to get me going on it? I just dont know much about it but my first impulse isn't to believe in it. Links are always nice when new theories are being presented.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I believe the fountain of youth or similar other tales found in the mythology of other many cultures is just that-a tale. Humanity has always had an endless appetite for immortality and this tale is just the extension of human imagination.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
whats funny aboput atlantis is plato is pretty much the only sure link we have to there ever being an atlantis, an everyone likes to diregard his writings. Atlantis is a better story than it would ever be in truth, same with king arthur.

sorry to say it but atlantis is gone (if it ever existed) and it was most likely crete, less romantic but more true.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There are several books on the (seemingly) fantastical health properties of water.

Maybe the legend of the fountain of youth has it's roots in the knowledge of the true properties of H2o?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I too Have thought about water. I dont think that we truely understand the power of it.
I think it does alot more for our body than we think it can.
I have read alot on water fasting, and the amazing results
people have gotten from doing it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Visitors with their advanced medical technology,do,from time to time,pick up a chosen human being.He "Ascends".
"Everlasting Life" is not exactly that. But after living century after century,the primitives thought of these as God-Men. This is what is offered to us.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Visitors with their advanced medical technology,do,from time to time,pick up a chosen human being.He "Ascends".

Jesus H Christ...there's one born every minute of the day. I see the websites motto is 'deny ignorance', yet ignorance is the very quality it seems to perpetuate.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It so happens there is an ancient myth about where the Aztecs came from which may make a connection to the Fountain of Youth myth. Their ancient texts say that the people originally came from a place called Aztlan. Aztlan is said to have sunk. The survivors relocated to Chicomoztoc, also known as the the Seven Caves of the Mexica. Then from there the people branched out and wandered the lands of Mexico and South America for a peaceful settlement.

Here's where the connection comes in; there is a small island right next to Cuba, called the Isle of Youth. On that island, researchers have found an ancient cave with Seven off-shooting caves. There are some ancient markings of crossed ovals, which could represent a star or something. There is a Chichimeca Codex from the Historica Tolteca that shows a seven caved object with different people in each cave. There are foot prints shown leaving an exiting hole at the bottom. What is strange is that the top of the object is a curved loop. The curved object looks like the hat that Pan wore. I don't think it really represented a curved hat or curved mountain. The entire image looks like a cross-section of a Cashew fruit. The Cashew fruit has a red body (kind of like a small red bell pepper) with one cashew nut growing on the end. If you do a search on the healing properties of the Cashew tree, fruit and nut, you'll find numerous cures for ailments. Is so happens that the Cashew was only native to Brazil.

I have the codex image from my 'Gateway to Atlantis' book written by Andrew Collins. I'll try to find a link of this from the internet.

When you connect the "Isle of Youth" and "a creation myth of peoples" with the "healing" properties of the "Cashew" an individual might merge them together and get "the cure for youth."

How did Ponce Dileon get this legend if the Americas never traded with Europe thousands of years ago?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.mc2-map.org...

Cave of Chicomoztoc in the Duran Codex,represented as the open fauces of an animal with feline features, out of which a Chichimeca group comes in the post-Classic Period (Schavelzon,1980: 158).

Chicomoztoc
Diverse indigenous representations of the cave glyph, symbolized by the fauces of the Earthly monster with features of felines and snakes (Heyden, op. cit.: 76).

www.hds.harvard.edu...

The Mapa de Chauhtinchan begins at the sacred beginning with this detailed image of the Chichimec myth of origin. The ancestors are leaving Chicomoztoc ("the place of seven caves"), led by a woman with a shield and followed by a man carrying a ritual object. The caves represent different Chichimec communities. The womblike cave image is prevalent in Mesoamerican documents from this time period (the late 16th century). Says Carrasco, "I like that in their myth of origin, there are already multiple caves, and not just one as in Plato." Photo Credit: Jorge P�rez De Lara.

I finally found it!
www.geocities.com...

Chicomoztoc, the cavern of origins
Historia Tolteca Chichimeca

(Next I'll find links about the properties of the Cashew.)

[edit on 6-8-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hey! I see all the debunkees who lost their jobs when the last sites were taken off found a home here!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
this makes you live longer it works for LIthuanians at least

1. eat fatty foods, get a lithuanian cook book
2. do alot of physical labor (around house or do what my grandpa did by a forset in oregan and clean it up) manily work with the land and grow stuff
3. party party party
4. move to a colder climate

it works average lithuanians live till 85-90 and thats longer than the average lifespan

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Old wives tales. All the Lithuanians who had heart attacks at 50 just aren't around.So you see these gaggles of seniour citizens.
Everyone ,and I mean EVERYONE I knew who subsisted on a soley meat diet look terrible and get cancers. This is not the old days of hunting and free range farming. They all say I still look like I did 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well its always interesting to hear new theories but I think this one is a wee bit far fetched, but who knows? all we can really do is speculate....maybe the water had special minerals in it. they should test the water around those suspected areas to see if its any different?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know that you age by having the caps at the end of you DNA strands gradually dissapate as more and more are made, perhaps there were minerals in the water that stopped the caps from deteriorating?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
who would want to live forever? that just sucks. eventually youll have done everything and there will be no point to it. besides, eternity on Earth would be, well, hell. you never get to go to paradise. all of your friends die and thats an eternity of sadness.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

who would want to live forever? that just sucks.

Imagine the changes you could see in the world around you over time! Personally, I'd sign up as a Highlander, Vampire, any day....
Of course, I can't promise I'd be a "goody goody" one... Nope, that kind of power and I'd definitely be feeling "above it all"....

"Kneel before Zod!"

top topics

join