It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Moon 19-03-11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
And here is the video of the "Super Moon"

Have Fun

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Fantastic footage. Our sky down here last night was cloud covered.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was just outside looking for it and i almost cried cuz i couldnt see it on the east coast of USA. I was stressing this thing, i was looking so much forward to it, then i saw the curvature coming over the horizon and i screamed "SUPERMOON" and began to become hysterical. So beautiful nature is.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i brought my telescope and camera into work tonight, ready to get some good pics and guess what? cloud. good old england

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the awesome vid. Sadly it's overcast and raining in Northern California

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r
And here is the video of the "Super Moon"

Have Fun

Spectacular. thanks for the clip. wish i could have seen it for real but in good old UK still a no show as usual
glad someone caught a decent clip of it

cheers
s&f added

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I saw "Mothman" at :50 seconds.

I know some will try to say it's a bird...On the moon?

This is my "Super Moon". Don't try and ruin it with a bunch of bird nonsense.

Besides, all the birds are dead from the fireworks.

Debunkers, don't even try...unless you think it could of been a Dragon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
beautiful video op, thanks for sharing.
here is a short video i recorded last night in Australia. I have posted it on a couple of other threads. I thought you might enjoy.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yeah had cloud cover here in Queensland Australia as well last night. I could get only glimpses of it through the holes in the light clouds. But yeah Moon was definitely brighter last night as it was able to light up the clouds around it

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

I'm in the east of England and its clear here its so bright its almost a bright as a cloudy day

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
sad, can't see it in WV yet.......I hope it is only the hills in the way......looking for it.
thanks OP it is a beautiful video. great job.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's past two in the morning here in south africa. I have been lucky enough to have mostly clear skies over the past few days, including tonight. The moon and the sky have been beautiful. I have a set of 12x60 binoculars and a tripod, obviously a telescope would be better, but under these perfect conditions it was a treat.
I look forward to watching the moon phase away over the following days. (I usually do anyway
)

I can't believe how bright it is, there's even slight cloud cover now and I could still catch a tan!

If its cloudy keep going out to check, I thought it was going to storm in the early evening.

Happy perigree moon bathing night of awesome splendourousness

ps almost forgot;
Those videos are both really good. The quality on the zooms in the first were really nice though. and the little bonus feature at the end. Thanks fro the thread

edit on 2011/3/19 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The moon out here tonight is gorgeous...so bright and very orange! I took some photos but my camera isn't the best for night shots but it's below. In this case, a picture does not do it justice. The sky glows orange and it's breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just starting to rise from behind the trees here right outside Atlanta. It is a nice orange red color . This is gonna make for some great pics later.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was just looking for a forum like this. Some evil omnipotent being or just dumb luck decided to be evil to me tonight and make it a cloudy night with no way to see the Moon at all. ARGHHHHH

So thanks for posting this and I am going to watch the video's now. Good to see there were no natural disasters yet, but soon it will be a new day.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The moon down here in the southern US came out with a orange color, clearly bigger, beautiful actually. It's not as big as I thought it would be but it is awesome nonetheless.

I suppose I will read on as paranoid people continue to dwell that this is going to cause natural disasters.

Can't we just enjoy a beauty of nature for once?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Very beautiful, very bright, but I expected it to be bigger.
I'm sure I have it seen bigger, but maybe that was because of the rumcoke on the beach

On the beach at night everything seems closer, so unbelievable many stars, so close It seems I can touch them.
So maybe the moon looks bigger, too, when there are no other lights than the moon and the stars.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im in cincinnati I waited from 6pm-now (1049) and it still looks small to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thanks all for the Great comments i really appreciate that!!

For the people who didn't see it, thats really sad for this special event

And for all of you that didn't see any difference, you're not looking enough to the sky at night!

Super all the pictures and movies!!
i would like to see more photo's and movies from all over the world, so if you have a chance
please upload them

All the best,

Bosb33r

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I went outside last night around 9pm here in NE Ohio and looked up at the "supermoon" I was kinda disappointed! After all the hype and scare tactics I've read about on here I really expected something wildly spectacular.

It was cool, that's for sure but beyond it looking just slightly clearer and brighter than normal....that was it. It didn't look bigger or ominous or anything. Just a little brighter and the patterns on the surface looked a bit clearer. I'm glad it gave the photographers a chance to get really nice pics! but, I still wish it would have been visually more....I dunno, exciting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join