It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by Kaiju
Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that the spill was coming from a natural leak in the sea floor that had nothing to do with mankind?

Wouldn't it be interesting to think that BP damaged hundreds of miles of seafloor with their deepwater drilling? Because that's the reality of this situation. These oil rigs are OLDOLDOLD and a lot are failing. Ask Africa.

We're next.

The Deepwater Horizon was not old, it was delivered to Transocean in 2001.

Interesting side note, according to the wikipedia entry the Deepwater Horizon was on a 3 year lease worth $544 million, or $496,800 per day for 3 years,for the "bare rig", with crew, gear and support vessels estimated to cost the same per day again.
Basically BP was paying $1,000,000/day to operate this thing. There's huge money in oil which means huge money in politicians pockets to keep the industry going without government intervention or oversight.

Sorry for not being clear. DWH itself isn't "old", but most rigs and underwater tanks/wells are.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just did a search and it looks like more media outlets are picking it up. So I thought I would share.

Business Insider Article

This next one from the Wall Street Journal has a little more info.

The Coast Guard said in a news release that it received a report of a three-mile-long rainbow sheen off the Louisiana coast just before 9:30 a.m. local time on Saturday. Two subsequent sightings were relayed to the Coast Guard, the last of which reported a sheen that extended from about 6 miles south of Grand Isle, La. to 100 miles offshore.

Though the Coast Guard was able to confirm that there is a substance on the water's surface, it has not yet been able to determine if it is oil. Petty Officer Casey Ranel said that those that observed the sheen from a helicopter said they saw no sheen associated with the substance. That flight was diverted from the scene on a separate search and rescue mission, however, and could not continue their investigation, the Coast Guard said in the news release.

The Coast Guard has since launched additional aircraft and boats to the scene from New Orleans and Mobile, Ala., to collect samples of the substance.

Oh this next one from Switchboard is starting to get pictures from it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
come on, you really think BP successfully capped the well and cleaned everything up? remember how they told us the oil all magically evaporated? I still feel this is the source of alot of the mass animal deaths.

I grew watching the exxon spill, I knew BP's story was too good to be true.

There have been several people who have stated that there where more then 1 leak - one of them died of a heart attack after he reported it on the news.....

There isn't going to be much reporting on this since the military has the area blocked off.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the Gulf Stream is flowing again? I saw a lot of info months ago showing it stopped in July 2010, and the density changes in the gulf water from the extreme amount of dispersants was being blamed. I have looked thru many of NOAA's sites to check temperature patterns in the Atlantic, but am not having much success. The proper flow of the Gulf stream is as big a concern as how much oil we now have oozing from the weakened sea floor.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
At the beginninb it was more widely reprorted that there were several leaks.Yhis dryed up to one nig leak slowly over a day ot two, and soon they were talking blow out preventers and ROVs around the well head.
Still there were never any denails i heard that it was more than one leak.
The sheen on the water nowe is initiated at an ocean rig, so it is likely ther cause of it.
This is the rig to be finding out about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Well, how convenient.

Yeah now BP can just sit back and say "It's not our oil that is killing everything". Escape goat for them.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
And just as the water is beginning to warm up and the fish are beginning to feed, this happens again. We are already having a hard enough time fighting the indefinite moratorium placed over the rigs by the feds, this will surely not help.

However I am left to wonder if this is perhaps a portion of the Deepwater disaster last year resurfacing as the Corexit began to dissipate in that region. Remember, that oil is still out there. They were using that deadly poison just to sink the oil to the bottom of the ocean, not clean it up. I could go on and on from there about the effects on the plankton population this will be, however that's a rant for another thread. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wonder if this "recent" spill had anything to do with the mass whale and dolphin die offs in the gulf.
I seem to remember a thread on ATS that said they died off because of the New Madrid or something.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

The Oil slick that happened last year Never stopped... they never covered it they just Hid it from the public

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If all of this is proven true, which sadly it is looking like it will be, I honestly don't know what to say. So much disaster, war and unrest all over the world breaking out and or reaching it's peak all at once. I am seriously feeling overwhelmed trying to make sense of it all. I am really hoping this turns out not to be as bad as it seems it could be, but I know what usually happens to hopes and best wishes. I never thought in my life time I would see so many truly sad and honestly frighting things...but I guess that is what a lot of people say in times of great peril.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

And while yet another president is going to war over Oil and continuation of Supply, the Gulf is
bleeding more of stuff the US Military is fighting to get it's grubby hands on.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I suspect that the sea floor is breaking up and that when it does. abiotic oil and natural gas, and other toxic gases are going to blow out that opening so furious that the former oil spill will be tiny in comparison and that we will not be able to stop it.

For those who know, there are two types of oil. The kind made from dead plants and animals millions of years ago. And the other is abiotic or oil formed deep inside the Earth as a process in chemicals. It's not made from plants and animals, and it doesn't run out and covers and vast area underneath the earth crust.

When it come out, and it will, it will poison the oceans killing quite a bit of living things. Also, the toxins that will come in the form of gases will make the Fukashima nuclear event look like a picnic in the park.

Wow dude thanks for the great bedtime story.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh darn! The world's really cracking up - Earthquakes, movement of tectonic plates, Tsunamis, monster storms, volcanic eruptions, freak weather systems, oil spills from the bowels of the Earth.....Like a disaster move being played out, only it's the real deal!

2012! Looks like it's the beginning of the end!
Has it started to happen?
Probably this is just a trailer of the main feature! And soon there'll be no place to run, no place to hide!

Amen!

edit on 20-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Google Natural Oil Seeps. That should keep you busy for a while.
Oil companies look for seeps so they know where to drill.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Apparently, the source of this leak is the Matterhorn Mc243 well. Looks like it is controlled by W&T Offshore Incorporated. Not sure how this all works, but they had a 100% working interest in the well as of April of 2010.

Oil & Gas Investment Symposium, San Francisco, CA

Check page 7 of that PDF

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

"A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn" So wait they are still fishing? Even after the BP oil spill? hahahahaha

Why yes they are still out there fishing and look who is happy to buy it up and flip it to the military families along the Gulf. Thanks for passing the savings Defense Commissary Agency!

SOURCE

My thoughts go out to the people of the Gulf. Especially my friends stationed in that region. A couple of them dealing with bizarre health problems coinciding with the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Soul

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So when are they gonna have a press conference telling us the world is ending? This is getting crazy. We're at a such a pivotal point in human history I can only hope we step forward. Oil spills, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods...did I miss anything? What could possibly be next?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Oh darn! The world's really cracking up - Earthquakes, movement of tectonic plates, Tsunamis, monster storms, volcanic eruptions, freak weather systems, oil spills from the bowels of the Earth.....Like a disaster move being played out, only it's the real deal!

2012! Looks like it's the beginning of the end!
Has it started to happen?
Probably this is just a trailer of the main feature! And soon there'll be no place to run, no place to hide!

Amen!

edit on 20-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

You forgot to add Global Economic Collapse the USA going Bankrupt, Food Shortages, Inflation
Global Cooling and Heating at the same time. Sweet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Unrest and civil uprising in oil-producing nations in the mid-east. A disaster in Japan that targets alternative fuel (nuclear energy). End result: oil prices go up as well as oil company profits.

Joint military action against the Libyan government's forces and infrastructure. Oil leaking again into the Gulf. End result: oil prices continue to go up as well as oil company profits.

A few years ago, when oil was about $4 per gallon, the oil industry reported UNPRECEDENTED PROFITS. Yet they blamed the mid-east for inflating prices. If the mid-east had inflated prices, then domestic oil companies would not have had such crazy, never-before-seen profits. The American people realized this; we may not be doing well on standardized tests or in comparisons with foreign educational results, but the average American isn't stupid enought not to see that OBVIOUS CORRELATION.

Now, it's all happening again. Only, this time, nuclear power is being attacked and/or put into question because of what happened in Japan. Nuclear power is a source of local energy and helps lower the costs and dependency of foreign oil. The oil companies use any tripwire excuse to inflate prices (unrest, Gulf leakage, etc.) quickly and then may slowly lower them over the course of a year.

When serious efforts are put into alternative energy sources, then oil prices lower a bit more quickly until the alternative energy projects become too expensive to maintain. The projects are cancelled and then we're back to square one. Repeat as needed to weaken the economy and bankrupt the dwindling middle class.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Arghhh I want to scream these last two weeks seriously seems like the SHTF or is about to.
Seem like a slow motion apocalypse where everything falling apart but everyone is do distracted to care.
Quick Charley Sheen do something crazy to distract us all from the countless storms that are brewing on this earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join