It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by babyduck

Local newspaper article about new oil at Grand Isle:

www.houmatoday.com...

Thank you!

From that article:

Grand Isle Fire Chief Aubrey Chiasson confirmed this morning that the substance is oil, but officials have not determined where it came from.

Baxter said crews are standing by to clean up the substance.

Grand Isle Fire Chief Aubrey Chiasson said he first heard of the substance Saturday afternoon, after officials started calling him. Originally, the substance was thought to be silt or dredging material, but later reports confirmed it is oil.

Spill Reported Off Grand Isle Confirmed To Be Oil - Same source listed in quote above

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PlanetarySister
reply to post by inbound

Thank you for your post! And thank you UtahRosebud for this thread!

I would like to add... "The Coast Guard says it is responding to the reports of an almost 100 mile slick of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana."

www.wwl.com...

Why isn't this on the Hazmat or Bio Haz. alert on the RSOE EDIS map? I think that this release of oil is directly related to what is happening on the planet and should be noted.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

100 miles is a serious size.

P.S. - My partner and I have been very ill since Katrina. He was here when it hit. I came in Feb of 2007 as a volunteer and photograghed thousands of houses, etc. and got from exposure to mold. We live and serve in a neighborhood where houses are still ungutted! Now, top it off with the DeepWater Oil Volano - we both are suffering from chronic fatigue. Even with all the herbs and nutrients and clean foods we eat, we both find there are days we just can't function - and what's odd is the days when we both are very ill at the same time. It will be interesting to see in the coming days what our health is like as this oil and the toxins are released into the air.

Blessed.
your Planetary Sister in New Orleans

hisz.rsoe.hu...

It is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
I can confirm from the MS. Gulf coast we have not recieved any news of a serious oil spill. I'll check with other sources. If there is one it's par for the course, we never get a break. I have got used to it.

I'm form the MS gulf coast and can't understand why the people down there are eating the seafood from that area. I moved away before the spill, but I have friends and family there that think the seafood is OK to eat.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Convenient, just as all hell breaks loose in Japan with a situation they can't control, and starting another war in Libya for kicks.

If this is just coincidence, I wonder if the seal they made broke? Or if the oil pressure just found a new way out.

Terrible. I wonder what it'll be next week?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The US Coast Guard is currently investigating reports of a potentially massive oil sheen 20 miles north of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion from last April. According to Paul Barnard, operations controller for the USCG in Louisiana, a helicopter crew has been dispatched to the site of the Matterhorn SeaStar oil rig, owned by W&T Offshore, Inc. Multiple reports have come in of a sheen nearly 100 miles long and 12 miles wide originating near the site. Independent pilots, including John Wathen of the Waterkeeper Alliance, and Bonnie Schumaker with Wings of Care, are currently flying out to investigate the spill. Schumaker reports having seen the sheen on Friday, March 18, and confirms that it is rapidly expanding. A Louisiana fisherman, who has chosen to remain anonymous at this time, also reports fresh oil coming ashore near South Pass, LA, and that cleanup crews are laying new boom near the beach. The origination point of the sheen, near Mississippi Canyon 243, lies 30 miles southeast of the Louisiana coastline, and extends to Barataria Bay. The Matterhorn oil field, at a depth of 2,789 feet (850 meters) of water, was discovered in 1999, leased and permitted in July 2001, and came into production in November 2003. According to W&T, the field has produced an average rate of 5,200 barrels of oil per day, and has production capacities of 35,000 barrels of oil per day.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 3/20/2011 by madmangunradio because: link

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93d057cfe6fb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8884729a526a.jpg[/atsimg]

Seems that it possibly being a major spill is yet to be confirmed according to this report... even though it has been updated with images taken by pilots..

Also, another Louisiana fisherman reports that fresh oil is coming ashore near South Pass, LA, and that cleanup crews are laying new boom near the beach. He also reports that cleanup crews in four-wheeled vehicles were patrolling the beaches near the marsh filled coast spraying a substance on the beach.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearzooka

I think that either it was a coincidence that the report on RSOE EDIS was posted after I posted my concern, or an astute ATS member emailed them. Either way I am glad it is up. I feel it is an intricate part of a larger picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I own coastal land in Biloxi,MS that is now under treatment because of BP's oil spill. It really makes me upset thinking about it. Money does not fix everything, it was prime coastal land with pristine water wells. I am not happy at all.
edit on 20-3-2011 by maestromason because: addition

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74e4d43973c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Map of the northern Gulf of Mexico showing the nearly 4,000 active oil and gas platforms.

en.wikipedia.org...:Gulf_Coast_Platforms.jpg

and this is a map of all the abandoned wells etc.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44e455d3f1b3.jpg[/atsimg]

The Gulf of Mexico is packed with abandoned oil wells from a host of companies including BP, according to an investigation by Associated Press, which describes the area as "an environmental minefield that has been ignored for decades". While the explosion and subsequent sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig has thrown the spotlight sharply on BP's activities in the Gulf of Mexico, environmental safety in the area has been neglected for decades. There are more than 27,000 abandoned wells in the Gulf of Mexico, according to AP, of which 600 belonged to BP.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Incredible.. There's just so much kept quiet.. or not openly reported.. This info is out there, but who goes looking for it on a daily basis to help prevent such disasters... and even if someone does, who else listens or does anything about it until it's all too late?

Sad state of affairs..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

An oil slick measuring 12 miles wide and 100 miles long has been spotted in the Gulf of Mexico and is suspected to be from a new major leak at the Matterhorn Seastar oil rig just 20 miles from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Pilots from several independent organization are monitoring the slick and report it is spreading fast. Fishermen in Louisiana are reporting fresh oil slicks washing up on shore. Boom has been placed by cleanup crews to catch the spill. The Matterhorn field produces 5200 barrels of oil a day and was discovered in 1999. The well sits in 2789 feet of water and has been in production since 2003. It is 30 miles SE of the Mississippi River delta.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

I'm unsure if anyone has posted this information or not, but I thought it would be good for everyone to see. If this turns out to be a sister event to the Deepwater Horizon event then people should start putting their seat belts on now if they haven't already. I cannot help but feel that it's going to be a bumpy ride from here on out.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I love the fact that people are able to publish information and spread it before the government or other entities get the chance to intervene.

Here's a line from one article "Grand Isle Fire Chief Aubrey Chiasson confirmed this morning that the substance is oil".

All of the other articles are saying that the Coast Guard hasn't yet confirmed what the substance is or that it may be silt from dredging.

And then....Fox News New York reports, "Gulf Oil Slick Found False"....www.myfoxny.com...

So, the local officials are confirming that it is oil. RSOE, which is perhaps less under the influence of our governement as it is based out of Hungary, already says it is oil and names the exact Matterhorn oil well that is leaking. The Coast Guard seems to be up in the air on it (after suspiciously being called away to a rescue mission as they were investigating it). The major media in New York are saying the report is false.

I'm guessing people are scrambling and word is spreading too fast.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
any possibility that the Cortex? war off?
it was meant to make it sink!
has it just come up?

“eyes burn “ dose normal oil do this?

if so they must have known.
so they sold a fake product, Cortex.
and just piosond us more.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It could be any number of wells -- or it could be the SAME Deepwater Horizon.

A few million bucks to the right people -- and everyone looks the other way. No, we cannot be sure in this country anymore, because the people of integrity who cannot be bought, are not put in charge nor do they get corporate sponsors. They are much more likely to be dumped naked in a cell without representation, while their character is assassinated by dozens of highly paid pundits in our "liberal" Media.

>> I'm pretty sure, that in a year or two, there will be a "red tide" the scope of which the world has never seen in human history. And when more oil is discovered bubbling to the surface in 10 or 20 years (yes, it will take that long due to the low buoyancy of the oil), the Media and oil companies will act surprised.

Just like the anti-Global Climate change sites, there will be a hundred of websites that talk about the "natural oil seepage" in the ocean. Gee, doesn't everyone remember the native American tar ball art on the Florida coast? For a few thousand dollars -- I might remember that, sure.

>> The SCARY thing about the melt-down nightmare in Japan -- at least from this American's point of view; Germany and China have shut down all reactors that use the Mark I design from GE that puts spent fuel rods on top of the reactor, and has no "gravity" provision to deal with a total loss in water. Guess who has 35 Reactors of the same design that ARE STILL OPERATING because some private company might lose a buck -- no, go ahead and guess -- I'll give you a hint; it's either Mars or the United States.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

It's mind-boggling to think that there are 27,000 oil wells that are no longer in action.

If we've got only 5 that leaked really bad -- that's quite a great safety record....

... on the other hand, if only 5 reactors can ruin a third of Japan, or 1 really bad gusher can kill the Gulf -- perhaps drilling for oil in deep ocean or nuclear reactors that are NOT located on the Moon, are things that the human race should not be doing.

Nobody designed these reactors or rigs to fail 30 years ago -- but we get the "chance of failure is close to ZERO with these NEW designs." I love science and progress -- but that's probably the same sentiment people had 30 or 40 years ago.

It seems to me that the human race is playing Russian Roulette. As we add things like Pesticides, GMO franken-foods, Nuclear generators, and deeper and deeper drilling -- we add more things that can destroy whole sections of the globe if they fail.

The chance of ONE failure is remote -- but when you have 27,000 and GROWING oil wells drilled, it is inevitable.

>> Until oil companies and nuclear companies have a solution to the "worst case scenario" there shouldn't be ONE MORE PLATFORM OR NUCLEAR GENERATOR -- and a lot of them should be shut down.

Once a company like BP has a device, that can clog a hole 6 miles deep in a day -- then they can go back to pumping. We cannot accept; "Trust us, we are professionals" anymore.

>> And for comparison, if a Solar Panel factory fails, there might be a little pollution and a fire. The panels themselves are not going to have a melt down or destroy an ocean. This nonsense about COST is more about their profit. If we have a BUY AMERICAN provision for solar panels -- then we PAY OURSELVES, in the scheme of things; it only can improve our economy no matter how more efficient oil or uranium is -- BOTH are imported and limited in supply and both are dangerous.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Seems to me it can be easily proven or disproven if it is oil or not.

It sure LOOKS like oil - without the usual "rainbow sheen" on top. However, this might be heavier than water (crude) without the lighter chemistry that would show up.

I hope it's a false report, but I fear it is not.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
USCG Confirming Sediment with traces of Oil

A few sources are starting to run this article...I want to believe it, but I don't know...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Exactly my point.
edit on 3/20/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I really want to believe this news but then again skeptical cat is skeptical. HuffingtonPost is a credible source.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Found info on the 'earthquake' in Florida:

Groundwater Level increased
Officials: Japan Quake Jolted South Fla. Water Table

Florida Water table shook after Japan Quake

Or... maybe the Japan quake was enough of a jolt to the Ocean's floor in the gulf to break it open and collapse a portion of the area where the oil escaped... or just damaged the 'fix' BP Did.

Is BP Still monitoring the wellhead with ROV's?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join