It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear Ninja' suicide mission to save Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WE the man kind decide to play with nuclear power,for years now,its overconfidence use it as a tool of marketing,me,knowing the construction business,can tell that the big boss always want to pay for cheap materials,as the old say ;You get for what u pay..........A lot is combined in this tragedy,so be it,to the techs in Japan,my respects,im taking my hat off. To the families my condolences.........THANK YOU!!!!!!!,,,,,,,GRACIAS VAYA CON DIOS.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Nuclear experts have said the men are on a suicide mission and that not even their airtight suits can save them from contamination.
And if they survive, they will face a lifetime of health problems.
But the Fukushima Fifty, named as they are on a rotation of 50 at a time, are working around the clock to stop the plant's reactors from overheating by taking it in turns to cool them with water.
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The men are showing they have true souls of Samurai. They have won honor and respect from the whole world; and their families will remember them for generations. True heroes. But...

the men who SHOULD be in there and made to stay in there to finish the job are the owners and the politicians who built these reactors over the protests of the population there. They fought as hard as they could but the politicians and the money men won. As usual, they aren't the ones to pay the ultimate price...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

But these same people, who are now getting hero status, are the same people who created this disaster.
They ignored every warning, and made mistake after mistake, before and after the quake/tsunami.
I don't have to tell you which mistake, cause we all know them, and propably heard them several times during our life.

reply to post by Mianeye

/Wrong. The "people" did NOT want those plants.
They tried in every way to stop them being built.
It was the politicians and the money men who
overrode the wishes and demands of the public.

This habit people have of blaming the victims is
spreading blame where it is not due. In our
country we also try to stop nuclear reactors
being built; just like people tried to stop the
atomic and hydrogen open air tests in
the US....it took years and years. And
the money men and politicians ignore
the scientists as well as the people.

It's time for THAT to change.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
These poor people are smart enough to know they will not survive and are doing the only thing left ! THE RIGHT THING they are HEROS just pray one day YOU are not a HERO its not a glamorous TITLE its usually your last title.

THEY the people who stay may have in fact saved our lives they deserve more then a catchy thread however the world is full of heroes The soldiers in the desert who don’t come home . The families with one less parent . The mom and dad who out live their children these are all heroes its not a title one usually wants it is brought upon people who answer.

god i sound like a recruitment add or some sh.t Bad on Me

They are my Heros AND it seems there will be many more heroes our world is shattered and the pieces are scattered

My Thanks To ALL the HEROS out there

Be Well
Triple

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

I am not talking about the Japanese people

I am not talking about the cleaning lady or the cook in the cantine, at the powerplant.

I am talking about the high educated, very intelligent workers, technician's and expert's, that daily run the plant.
You do not get to work on controlling a nuclear plant unless you know everything about it, that is common sense.

The left over technicians at the plant now, (or to cover them in one word "People"), are all well aware of the danger's and risk of running and maintaining a powerplant, at a daily basis.

They propably daily, weekly and monthly have safety meetings and emergency drills etc.
And don't tell me they did not talk about this situation could happen, and the risk of it.

They have no excuse not to know about the problems that is now happening, i simply would not expect anything else from them, but to stay in the risk zone, and continue with solving this problem, even though they risk their life.

It's a sad situation they are in, and trust me, i do feel sorry for them, but they all knew it could happen and ignored the risk.

With all that and the way the situation is unfolding, and a lot of posible death and sickness + invironment polution( I am aware of that no proof or cases, has been realeased yet) they can't be hero's.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

I am not talking about the Japanese people

I am not talking about the cleaning lady or the cook in the cantine, at the powerplant.

I am talking about the high educated, very intelligent workers, technician's and expert's, that daily run the plant.
You do not get to work on controlling a nuclear plant unless you know everything about it, that is common sense.

The left over technicians at the plant now, (or to cover them in one word "People"), are all well aware of the danger's and risk of running and maintaining a powerplant, at a daily basis.

They propably daily, weekly and monthly have safety meetings and emergency drills etc.
And don't tell me they did not talk about this situation could happen, and the risk of it.

They have no excuse not to know about the problems that is now happening, i simply would not expect anything else from them, but to stay in the risk zone, and continue with solving this problem, even though they risk their life.

It's a sad situation they are in, and trust me, i do feel sorry for them, but they all knew it could happen and ignored the risk.

With all that and the way the situation is unfolding, and a lot of posible death and sickness + invironment polution( I am aware of that no proof or cases, has been realeased yet) they can't be hero's.

I think your way off base here. The workers you talk of are not the engineers who designed and built the plant in 1970's. They also are not the executives in control of the plant and its overall safety/condition. 3 execs from company that owns the plant had to resign in 2002 for falsifying safety reports. That means the people you are blaming told the execs of dangers of which they, the execs, decided to ignore and cover up.

These workers are courageous and heroes. Your logic fails change this fact.
edit on 20-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

If you don't like the place you are working, complain or leave.

You do not hide behind your honor.

My message is out, and i am done with this subject..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Who ever said any of the employees had complaints or wanted to leave?

Who's hiding behind honor? Your not making sense.

Probably a good idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

But these same people, who are now getting hero status, are the same people who created this disaster.

No. An 8+ magnitude earthquake AND a tsunami caused it.

They've dealt with earthquakes before.

I simply can't give them that hero status, cause right now they have to fix this problem, created by them self.
Every one of those technician, and expert knew the risk, and totaly ignored it.

According to you. I think perhaps if you worked with nuclear power (my son was a nuclear power engineer on a US sub) and had any contact with the plants that you might come to a very different answer. You don't seem to be very aware of what life is like for these people or the safety drills and preparedness exercises all they go through.

Any US nuke tech can give you a full picture. I hope you'll take time to talk to one someday.

To the rest of the crew, i can only say....Fix the mess you have created...

They are.

You may not think they're heroes, but the ones staying seem to be the high level techs who are older (and saving the younger ones fro radiation risk.) I think they're heroes, and very skilled and brave people.

Another news story on the Fifty

Damned right. Second line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I like how the arguments you've made have been answered intelligently by other ATS's, and proven to be as null as you come out to be. I also enjoy the fact you followed troll protocol to skip around other subjects in a vague manner(when they have been answered thoroughly), which have also been pointed as "not making any goddam sense".

I am most glad you are done with this subject, because you simply did not think this through.

You went from "they caused it" to the ever so original "leave if you don't like it". The exit door welcomes you.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Redneck from Hell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

I did answer those who commented, so you are wrong.
You all failed to understand what i was saying, but here is the prove of me being right.

The media is now asking the same question, listen to the answer of the reporter's question.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Everything i said, is in that answer.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Given this tragedy, (which I'm not entirely certain will not kill off most of life in the northern hemisphere, perhaps the planet) Chernobyl and three mile Island, it's pretty safe to say that nuclear power is not safe and in fact just a deadly accident waiting to happen. Our present lifestyle is unsustainable, simple as that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join