It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Detection - Driggs Idaho

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator

Sure. Here's the ustream:
www.ustream.tv...

Here's the cdxnode64:
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Rapid City SD 219 CPM

Fixed Monitor Location: SD: RAPID CITY
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 09:53:21 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 10:53:29 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 219

Colorado Springs, CO 235 CPM

Fixed Monitor Location: CO: COLORADO SPRINGS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 10:02:27 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 11:02:35 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 236

Hello all, I'm new here, I have been reading on this site almost daily for months though. I live in Rapid City and was wondering if the 219 cpm reading was accurate? If so, is there anything I can do to reduce the exposure to myself and my kids? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Latest Jet Stream Map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e18645f8abe3.gif[/atsimg]
squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Great. I'm one state over from Idaho and the jet stream is coming my way. I hope this isn't bad haha.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggNastee

After initially high readings of like 287, California coast, rad net starting taking them offline. They predicted a weather system that seems to be quite accurate so far, it was to go south east then north over Canada, also then, spread out east.

Radnet came back on yesterday showing readings that wre still very high. South east, Los Vegas was 187 roughly, I think you can add 100 to them, thats my belief, can't prove that right, but i think they're taking 100 off. Note 125 is roughly the danger line. Then this morning Tuscon. Its now still over the 125 as is Idaho which was 190.

Staying inside, I've taped up our bathroom vent and turned it off and one door that was drafty. But staying inside is wise. We're going to stay inside until day after tomorrow.

It should be a matter of hours to a day to reach canada so I Imagine the US north west is affected.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
By the way, while the readings are low, but I wasn't planning on driving out today or tomorrow, and it had rained, my oldest son dropped on in foot and then insisted on leaving. So I just drove everywhere looking, but couldn't find his short cut. While out, I noticed, in the sunshine which has been rare lately, that there are so many people out and enjoying themselves.

I cannot believe the level of evil the Governments are committing. Many people don't use common sense, don't do more research, perhaps don't even have the IQ to do that, 110 and 100 makes a big difference in seeing through things, I don't know. But they're waiting for the Government to make some golden announcement or theres no danger.

And so, Government people, I know you're monitoring this or Vancouver wouldn't have gone off for a while, now would it. DO YOUR JOB TO SERVE AND PROTECT CITIZENS NOT BANKERS!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Jomina

There is black cat. Well those 3 are the only ones I know about that are outdoor, and I suspect they alter numbers. Radnet and the first one seem to take stations readings off whenever they want conveniently.

www.blackcatsystems.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

thank you for bringing that up.
I was noticing that last night
and posted my suspicions in
another thread. I made the comment
that I thought some of those sites
were being altered to a nominal
reading so as not to panic the public.
So my best advice to you is to take
them with a grain of salt. Buy your own
Geiger counter so u can be sure. Do
not depend solely on what you are seeing
on the net. The populace has been
duped by big brother before, who's to say
they will not do it again when it fits their
agenda ???
edit on 3/19/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It makes me wonder if the government really can control weather. It was cold all winter until about 3-09, right before the Earthquake. May just be the conspiracy theorist in me but more people are outside in the past week than in the past 3 months combined.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You won't find out anything for a couple days as the prolonged exposures go on people will become acutely sick. The government and big pharm will step in with some horribly expensive treatment that in the end will kill you in a worse way but take longer and cost more.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Idaho Falls and Driggs have INEEL to the West and the Tetons to the East. I would expect these levels to be high..

INEEL has more than 50 reactors on site. The TMI core is buried out there along with all sorts of mid and low level waste.

en.wikipedia.org...

inlportal.inl.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I know this is slightly off topic but why don't we build these reactors completely underground?
Not that I think we should have them in the first place but a Reactor 2 miles under ground with a large lake above ready to flood the cave would have been better than this.

edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... duh............... why didn't anyone think of that????!!!!!

Uhhhhhhh...

They tried that at Yellowstone 30 million years ago (j/k)...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Yeah, figured. I'm just saying this seems like the greatest violation of the 5 P's (proper preparation prevents poor performance) I have ever seen.

Ug- "Man it's cold in this cave."
Tug- "Let's bring fire inside."
Ug- "What about the smoke."
Tug- "Surely we will figure out how to get rid of that in the future. But right now we're cold."

Humanity

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
These levels must mean a major meltdown is in full progress over there.....God help those people......
With 6 reactors that are venting radiation, the totals are bond to rise, and as they meltdown further well defiately see worse over here.
How dare they degrade the dangers?Minimising the damages in reportage is a long sink down a short rabbithole....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Fixed Monitor Location: MT:BILLINGS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 07:39:16 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 08:39:24 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 211

Billings looks like the current hot spot

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

That lake above a nuke reactor is a great idea, only due to money and the difficulty im sure. They save that budget for black ops

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Found this thread started to discuss the effects of radiation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is an interesting wind effect happening off the west coast right now. The wind just off shore is blowing out to sea toward a center of low pressure. The larger storm wave further out to sea seems to be doing the same thing, wind is blowing towards the low pressure just off the west coast. Are there any meteorologists on here who could confirm my thought that radiation would be concentrated by this effect?

If these are just the first out steam releases and explosions then there should be a much more highly concentrated amount yet to come. Anyone care to do the math on the known readings and there timeline back to Japan to calculate original radiation level?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It helps if you have some understanding of what you are looking at.

The radiationnetwork and blackcat sites are reporting gamma ray counts. The Beta counts from the EPA are not comparable. The gamma spectrum from the EPA monitors is divided into energy levels. I can't find out which wavelength each range represents but it is obvious that Range 10 is the highest energy level (which is what consumer detectors would be recording). It would appear that the EPA monitors are more sensitive than the consumer grade devices and thus record higher gamma counts.

The current "hot spot" is not really hot at all. Here are the Beta readings from Billings prior to the problems.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caba7acd4901.png[/atsimg]

Gamma counts
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87c01e4a035f.png[/atsimg]
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

edit on 3/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

any readings from the kalispell area thats where my other home is.......and coupple of ex's..... ill go try to see if i can find any thing on google

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, when the Chernobyl reactor melted down, and the world watched the radioactive plume spread around the world. Several American utilities were busted for venting their reactors as the edge of the radioactive plume crossed their location. In hopes it wouldn't be noticed, and they wouldn't have to face local uproar or possible fines. If its happening again, it might explain a few anomalous high readings. Soon as I can find a little extra time today I'll look up some supporting links.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join