It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Detection - Driggs Idaho

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Radiation Detection - Driggs Idaho

www.ustream.tv

Radiation Detection - Driggs, Idaho

Total views: 0 This is a stream of the Driggs, Idaho station in the network of community sourced radiation detection stations participating in the GLP Radiation Reporting Center. This unit was calibrated & certified in 2010. It's a Ludlum Model 177 ratemeter..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Since the official US radiation site is experiencing some problems, (cdxnode64.epa.gov...) I would strongly suggest you take a long hard look at this live streaming site using live streaming technology. It is based in Driggs Idaho using a Ludlum model 177 that is exposed to direct wind. What is concerning is that you can watch the CPM go from around 80 CPM to 140 CPM as the winds wax and wane. This is scary stuff indeed.

www.ustream.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Please explain exactly what I am looking at?? I am having trouble understanding all this radiation stuff. I keep looking at all these graphs and stuff but I have no idea how to interpret what I am seeing. If anyone can shed some light here I would appreciate it!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Am I seeing correctly that they calibrated it to eliminate the normal background rads?

Just curious, I know that there are a few places in Idaho that would show normally higher levels due to elevation...

But while I watched, I saw it going up to 120+. That does not sound right at all :|

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

The Radiation Network site gives a threshold of 100 counts per minute as the warning line. Normally anything above that can be dangerous, depending on the length of time of exposure. Think of a typical CAT scan as having 110 - 120 CPM. Again it is the long term exposure to these levels that make the difference. Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thank you for clearing that up! So if it goes up and starts to stay up then we should worry? Mmm or if it keeps going up and down then long term that could be bad. It seems that this would be hard to monitor as if you are outside and it keeps going up and down you really would have a hard time measuring your exact exposure over the long term??
And they keep saying that no radiation has been detected hitting the US, but here it is right on the gauge??
Liars!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

Think of it this way, if it is above 100, I would not want to be outside, exposed all day. Just like I would not want my body to be exposed to an 8 hour CAT scan. The less CPM, the better. Normally around 18-30 CPM. This link is live, real time. It is here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel007

from tokyo

something similar from Tokyo to share that's about all I know about it

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

The CPM in the Tokyo monitor hovers around 20-25cpm...
While the one in Idaho bounces up to 80-120cpm.

So what does it mean?
Are one of the gauges wrong?
Are the both wrong?
Are they correctly calibrated?

Something does add up here.

Thoughts?

BTW:Wiki: Counts-Per-Minute
Wiki: Ionizing Radiation Units
Jet Stream Motion Model: 5-Day Forecast UPDATE

also

Live Las Vegas Counter
Live Seattle Counter
Live San Francisco Counter
Live Los Angeles Counter

edit on (3/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I saw and wondered the same thing. They are different meters the one in tokyo is supposedly inside perhaps on a window sill. I dont understand enough about the counters themselves to have much of an opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I cannot determine how the meter in Tokyo is set up relative to parameters. The one in Idaho is outside, exposed to the winds and has been corrected for spurious background noise.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think thats the one that has an indoor reader.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

wow a lot of the figures are gone, they always seem to take them off.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The Radiation Network data is as the site owner says is very thin. The live stream linked by the OP has more information but there is no standard for the positioning of the meter equipment or the calibration of the meters. It also is a pretty thin data stream.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Seems like it is hovering around 60 or so at this point, with spikes up to 100 CPM, in the couple minutes I just watched it.

Interesting situation here...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

THANKS FOR THE LINK!

Great resource for me, since I am just down the hill!, bookmarked and oft-checked from here on out!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Tuscon was somewhere in the 40s yesterday, but there was one that was 165, Los Vegas I think. I posted it somewhere. Can't think, drinking coffee.

But, Tuscon is now

Fixed Monitor Location: AZ: TUCSON
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 01:02:49 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 02:02:57 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 144
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4060
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2420
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 619
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 346
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 188
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 257
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 115
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 46
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 48

The beta gross count, at 144 is the one that we're looking for, and anything above 125 is high.

Though this is background radiation, and as far as I'm concerned even the strange waves we keep getting that is lower (so it appears to hit all over from the jet stream, not just in one path, it disburses and I'm sure earlier than they said). ie we were pretty steadily 7-12 for a couple days, and now we are going 15-23, but since Thursday its been spiking and going higher in waves. So I'm paying attention, it may not read high but I believe that makes some fallout of particles possible.

They seemed to have taken some off from southern california on radnet I noticed. There were reports of over 200 in San Francisco and San Bernino and off radnet went, quickly, but some caught it and on black cat, and made videos and posted. Didn't last long, as if traveling.

The only way to get ideas is to look for grass roots accounts, there are people determined to get the real numbers they see or pick up out.

For some reason after that mushroom cloud and all the spent fuel rods in those pools, there is over 11 000 spent fuel rods housed in substandard pools over the reactors, with regular type roofs, that blow up easy and PU has been admittedly in all the reactors now, not just number 3. Though whether they mean directly Mox fuel. But you know what, I suspect direcly Mox, because it can be separated easily for nuclear missiles, and I bet for their black op space program too. Highest bidder type of thing.

So even this initial blast from number 3, thats the big cloud for now, it'll be ongoing, and even worse if something bad like a chain reactor happens. I don't want to think about what that could do to the northern hemisphere, they had the biggest supply mox fuel in the world other than France their supplier and could make 60 nukes apparently. We don't want a chain reactions, and with all spent fuel rods, and there is another plant in danger too.

So holding light and prayer over Japan, those people trying to buy time are not just doing it for their own country now. I think they're real hero's and want them to buy the time needed to cool things off more.

That wave from 3, I would guess would read anywhere from 100-200 and something. Thats just the range I was thinking of. From high end of normal to beyond the normal range into the danger range. But even at that, this is fallout that is going to add to the worlds PU and radiatictive fallout. The testing they did for decades has ensured we ALL have PU contamination. They've done random testing in teeth and autopsies. I won't be willing to find it, I spent too many hours yesterday reading far too many pdf's on mox, and some of them were Gov, even a European one, that gave a way bigger fall out range for PU particles which are supposed to be heavier than the others.

I was collecting notes, but then gave up. I don't have it in me today, its too negative. There is a point where we have to say, things look bad, things will have consequences into the future, but we got to send light to them to prevent even worse things.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

There is black cat. Well those 3 are the only ones I know about that are outdoor, and I suspect they alter numbers. Radnet and the first one seem to take stations readings off whenever they want conveniently.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Take a look at Idaho Falls, Idaho. They have a Beta Gross Count of 179. These are readings that need to be monitored closely over the next few days for changes. My guess is that these will probably increase unless removed.

Fixed Monitor Location: ID: IDAHO FALLS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 12:32:09 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 01:32:16 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 179
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 3435
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2122
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 618
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 314
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 185
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 217
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 126
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 47
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 56

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am skeptical.
I live in Idaho, I wonder if sentinel007 does also?

Right now that stream is not loading for me, it doesn't look like it is live, can someone confirm?

Those numbers would be very concerning, but there are a lot of variables at play, do we REALLY know that this device is correctly calibrated?

If those readings are correct I would bet every penny I have (both of them) that the increase in radiation is from the Idaho National Laboratories site to the west of Driggs. By the way, the first nuclear power generation on Earth was done at INL (aka INEL INEEL)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007

Take a look at Idaho Falls, Idaho. They have a Beta Gross Count of 179. These are readings that need to be monitored closely over the next few days for changes. My guess is that these will probably increase unless removed.

Fixed Monitor Location: ID: IDAHO FALLS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 12:32:09 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 01:32:16 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 179
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 3435
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2122
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 618
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 314
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 185
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 217
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 126
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 47
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 56

When those spikes of over 200 happened, the weather system showed it would go outwards into the east and then circle up to cover Canada. So, Idaho is just south east of us here, and I imagine our numbers will change too. It seems right on time from number 3, it is traveling with a system.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join