It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different take on the bible and old writings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm not fantastic at writing up tons of paragraphs filled with captivating information and whatnot but I just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there of what me and my friends sort of came to the conclusion of on a boring day. It may come off as being completely out there and unbelievable but I don't mind.

I don't want to offend anyone here who really takes the bible seriously etc so if you don't want to hear a different take, maybe leave the thread now.

Anyway, as far as I know, a lot of writings talk about "the heavens", they talk a lot about the sky. They say how "X came down from the heavens" or something was up in the heavens. So what were the heavens? The sky. What is beyond the sky? Outer space. Obviously, they didn't really know about that, so anything that would come down from the sky on this flat earth (they still thought the earth was flat, obviously) would be treated as "angels" or "gods", no? Now I don't know, but could we also go as far as to say that Jesus may've been from something from outer space? You know how those 3 men followed that "star" in the sky? Who's not to say that wasn't something "alien" (ufo *cough*) hovering above the birth of their child? Might explain the Virgin Mary, I guess. Other theories on that was she cheated and didn't tell anyone but let's not go down that road today.

Now I've thought about theories in the past how we could've been created by design, and how the ingredients were placed for evolution to occur. So what I'm kind of getting at here is maybe we are a product of an alien race, we've been visited by aliens in the past, and due to our ignorance in the past, wrote them down as being god(s), angels etc as they came from above.

In the end, I don't know. But it seems like the way stuff has been written down in the bible, a lot of it could be alien related.

When I proof read it, it does sound sort of insane but again, just a fun theory my friends and I thought of.

Cheers.

Also, not sure if this is the proper section (should this be in "conspiracies in religion?" so move elsewhere if needed - thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

You're onto the same line of thinking I have followed for quite some time.

By the way, nowhere in the Bible does it say it was 3 guys who followed the star to the Jesus child. Just saying.........the number was never mentioned. However, I guess many folks assume it was 3 Magi because they brought 3 gifts with them.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The one thing that makes me think aliens is in genesis about the gods creating man in their image. It speaks for itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There is a show on the history channel called ancient aliens you might like. I know they've covered some of what you're talking about on at least one episode. www.history.com... is a link to the HC's page on them.
edit on 19-3-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: typo...it's too early for me to spell correctly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
they didn't think the earth was flat. the bible talks about the roundness of the earth. For the rest, angels/aliens yeah you just called them by a different name... nice theory though

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Congrats, you`ve "figured it out". It was thoughts similar to this about the Bible that opened my mind and eventually led me to ats a little over a year ago. Don`t let people tell you that the Bible or other ancient texts don`t make sense. We don`t know what they are trying to describe and they could have been made to be understood at a later date. To assume we understand all the mysteries of the universe is a rediculous thought. It may be true that the majority of those who fancy themselves "christian" are all going about it the wrong way. But that does not have anything to do with the validity or non validity of the message brought by the Bible and by Jesus. Just because something is not understood does not mean it should be tossed into the hoax bin. Even confessions can be faked. You gotta really stretch your mind sometimes and think deep, and sometimes the best conclusion is to not come to a conclusion and hold out for more evidence or a revelation of some sort. But in the meantime you just have to live life the best you know how. Well good luck to you and your open mind. Don`t be bothered by those who would choke your potential. Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
LOL That's exactly what I think about the bible.. It's a "handbook" passed down by whoever put us here on earth.. I can see it in almost everything I read in there!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Star and Flag

Yes.....The Ancient Alien Theory is the most plausible theory out there, considering that no one has traveled back in time to see how it all actually happened..

If the only thing we have to go on are biblical texts, then YES, they are describing

advanced technology
aliens
artificial insemination
advanced weaponry
alien races (groups) waring with each other on Earth
genetic engineering

Their genetic intervention explains our 'missing link' mystery....

It also explains "God" and the "Devil"...two Anunnaki (Nephilim-aliens) brothers sent to Earth on a mission with different views on how the mission should go

They were adversaries, not 'enemies'

Bravo on the thread

I love this topic, so message me or reply for more insight

edit on 19-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Google up
"jesus was an alien"

This concept is several things.
It is huge, popular, and old, very old.
I personally know third generation members of this belief.

Plenty of videos, websites, even domain names dedicated to this.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Been there, done that, saw the "History" Channel series, read the Von Daniken book, watched Stargate, etc. Old idea, no evidence to support it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Come on madness, its obviously the most "plausible"

ee

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

...no, the most "plausible" would be...humans made some stuff up while bored or under the influence of hallucinogens. Or they just pulled things from their rectum when they didn't understand what was going on.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Star and Flag

Yes.....The Ancient Alien Theory is the most plausible theory out there, considering that no one has traveled back in time to see how it all actually happened..

Yes, because that is somehow more plausible than "It's a book of myths that were made up by humans"...oh wait, it isn't. People make stuff up all the time, how is extraterrestrial intervention more plausible?

If the only thing we have to go on are biblical texts, then YES, they are describing

advanced technology

Where? Also, for a book with advanced technology, it sure demonstrates a lack of understanding of any scientific concepts.

aliens

Nope. Odd beings, sure. Aliens? Nope.

artificial insemination

Technically it's supernatural insemination.

advanced weaponry

What? Fiery swords?

alien races (groups) waring with each other on Earth

Where?

genetic engineering

Again, where?

Their genetic intervention explains our 'missing link' mystery....

Or...not. We don't have a 'missing link' mystery. We have more than enough evidence in the genetic and fossil records to explain human evolution.

It also explains "God" and the "Devil"...two Anunnaki (Nephilim-aliens) brothers sent to Earth on a mission with different views on how the mission should go

Except...no.

They were adversaries, not 'enemies'

...synonyms are synonymous.

Seriously, what is wrong with people with these ideas? Have they not read the Bible? Have they not bothered to think that 'it's all made up' is a more plausible idea than aliens?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Imagine living over 2000 years ago in the desert

your exhausted, hungry, thirsty, probably high on peyote and mushrooms

visions of talking snakes, guys walking on water, and forbidden fruits are inevitable

Today's fantasies consist of aliens, other dimensions, and spiritual realms

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

You also forgot billionaires dressing up as flying rodents, teenagers wearing brightly colored spandex, talking sponges that work 9-5 in burger joints, etc...I've actually read quite a bit of material comparing superhero comics to the mythology of yore, quite interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Or...not. We don't have a 'missing link' mystery. We have more than enough evidence in the genetic and fossil records to explain human evolution.

There are no records found in any genetic or fossil banks that show the step upto modern humans. Of course, as you have clearly expressed, evidence to explain PRE modern man evolution is obvious, but that has nothing to do with Modern Man.

There is a missing link, and they can be found in Genesis 6. The Sumerian Text also express this. As do many ancient cultures. They all express and indicate the same event occuring.

We have more than enough evidence in the written records to explain Modern Man than we find in any Genetic or Fossil record.

Sorry Darwin, but I am not picking on you. Simply noting a simple fact. There is a missing link.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
I don't want to offend anyone here who really takes the bible seriously etc so if you don't want to hear a different take, maybe leave the thread now.

Taking the Bible Seriously is something I do, but as strange as it may sound, your take shouldn't offend anyone who does.

GOD, the Sons of GOD and the Fallen are Aliens. GOD has some slack, since he also is the Creator, but they all are not of this world. The Fallen left their places of habitation and came to earth to take and partake of the Daughters of man.

Biblically, these would be the general terms applied. Sumerians have other names. As do the Egyptians. As do the Greeks..............and on.

As Darwin noted earlier, today they are reflected in Comics and Movies. Hancock was one such example offered on the screen.

Point is, your following comment

So what I'm kind of getting at here is maybe we are a product of an alien race, we've been visited by aliens in the past,

is not out question, and basically is in accordance to what is found within the Bible.

By the way, heres something to ponder during your next boring day.

King James 1611 Bible

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Who is they? The Fallen returning and doing what they once did in the Days of Jared.

Book of Enoch

VI-XI. The Fall of the Angels: the Demoralisation of Mankind: the Intercession of the Angels on behalf of Mankind. The Dooms pronounced by God on the Angels: the Messianic Kingdom (a Noah fragment).

CHAPTER VI.
1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 6. And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens.

www.sacred-texts.com...

You can review the next few chapters and see how this all turned out. Genesis Chapter 6 also covers this, but with much less detail.

Anyways, do not think you are offending anyone. Questioning and expressing thought is the only means we have to learn.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by uva3021

...no, the most "plausible" would be...humans made some stuff up while bored or under the influence of hallucinogens. Or they just pulled things from their rectum when they didn't understand what was going on.

My dear friend Mimsy. How are you, son?

Unfortunately Mimsy has no sense of wonder. Too much time spent with the nose in the science and math books

Or they just pulled things from their rectum when they didn't understand what was going on

This is closer to the truth as I perceive it though I would not put it so harshly. You say there is no evidence, but there is plenty. It does not prove anything but it has convinced me and many others.

Here is some evidence and trust me, there are LOTS more:

Genesis 19: Nuclear bomb?

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah-from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities-and also the vegetation in the land.

Genesis 28: Stairway to Heaven or entrance of UFO?

12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

Exodus 14: pillars of cloud and light or UFO’s?

19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.
24 During the last watch of the night the LORD looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army.

There are many occurences of "God" as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night (a plane/ship with rocket boosters or the like). There are many occurences of the "voice of God", i.e. loudspeakers from the craft. The "burning bush" is most certainly an electric light. There is mention of "crystal walkways" on the craft. There are many many more excerpts from the Bible which could be nothing more than the ancients experience of "future tech", but it would make this post way too long.

Google "aliens in the Bible" or something like that and you'll find sites which go into detail of all or most of these.

Unfortunately much of what is in the bible was carried on by word of mouth and since most people didn't read or write back then, the people who did write these accounts often embellished.

Surely all this is evidence of ancient man's experience with aliens with flying craft? By aliens I don't necessarily mean "aliens from outer space". I don't think there's enough evidence to conclude that. They could be aliens from space, Atlantians, Inner Earth beings, extra-dimensional beings, etc.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Lannock because: Changed "spacecraft" to "flying craft" as I cannot be sure they were from space.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Interesting thoughts here!

A bunch of us were trading videos over the weekend about various theories that have been kept secret.
This video from Dr. Phil Valentine talks of the hollow earth theory. Around 7:43 there are some satellite shots of the projected light inside the planet.

We had paused the video and we were all going Wow! I wonder if that is real.
I've responded to this thread because we briefly talked of maybe the bible was saying,

see the light=northern lights
narrow=entry inside earth
heaven=inner sun etc

Thought I'd share.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyvoyageur

Im interested in what people have to say about this youtube video....

he tells a convincing story imo...

top topics

join