It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating Poltergeist Video(s)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
LOL....this is an EPIC fake. ...
Very clean compositing he does though!
It doesn't look like it would be that hard to fake, using several different methods.

But I agree it's well done.

The examples you showed were a bit rougher, though the skateboard clip was fairly clean. But they do give an inkling of what's possible with processing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Looking like a tramp to me suggests he has no self-respect. Those without self-respect can not respect others.
It is because of his lack of respect and integrity that he thinks he can trick others.

He's hungry for attention. 'Add me on facebook' , 'check out my latest ghost vid' etc

He obviously has low self esteem and thinks that the only way to gain respect or acceptance is to deceive.

I'm not a skeptic, I'm just observant and intuitive.

I will not post a picture of myself because I'm not here to get attention.

Why you're defending this charlatan is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaeKwonMoe
Another thing I saw when I was watching my favorite part of the video....the fork flick, as I like to call it, on the bottom left of the screen some ambiant light comes on. Make of it what you will, just pointing it out.

^^^^ True ^^^^

Also to add:

Ripped to mp4 played in QT Viewer
Screen grab BEFORE and AFTER the "5 min later" graphic
Aligned 2 frames in PS
BEFORE frame B/W
AFTER frame increased brightness
added horizontal band wipes to compare

Oooooppsss. Framing does not match from "locked off" camera between two.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f22ebaee1499.jpg[/atsimg]

Plus, static frames are easiest to rotoscope for rig removal etc. (no motion tracking required)

My .02¢ = fake
edit on 19-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
LOL....this is an EPIC fake.
I am a video/special fx artist, and this is a very simple trick.
He uses green/chromascreen suits and post-production special effects.
There are tons of videos, even on youtube of average joe shmoes doing this same sort of stuff.
Very clean compositing he does though!

Here are a few examples

It's all very well you saying that but you haven't actually provided anything other than a handful of examples of VFX. Not a single person will be swayed either way by a person saying they are an artist; especially not on ATS.

I believe when looking at these things you have to take the whole case into account. Not just the video evidence, and not just the event it self. When you look at the whole event generally the impression you get is correct.

The fact that the poster only has one person seemingly in all of them tells me something is a little up. Surely you would get persons to help you in this situation? The whole thing is a little odd.

- Next to the frying pan and other objects that fly off there is a tile in the background on the wall. This till repeatedly changes throughout this shot. This would be the equiv of a procedural healing/roto tool or brush. Basically a tool which uses an automated process to reintroduce background elements etc ... The fact that these anomalies are created when an object flies past sets off my curiousity.
- When the cupboard door opens the bottom left corner of it appears to go transparentish or at least reveal a very odd looking highlight. Maybe masking error

I had a look at some of the other videos the poster has and there's some oddities like jump cuts, grain going missing, and random maskings/changing of objects over the course of a single frame. Also at times of most compression seem to be times of activity. The user's talking videos are much better resolution it seems at first glance.

Then I realised that probably someone else has done all this for me given there's lots of random issues and I live on the internet. So I went to googles and typed in mellowb1rd and a swear word starting with B and I got this:

www.viperparanormal.com...

Happy watchering.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
So I went to googles and typed in mellowb1rd and a swear word starting with B and I got this:

www.viperparanormal.com...
Good job Pinke finding the debunk.

However I think what the debunk shows is that while it was fake, he did a pretty good job on the video in the OP, first video in the debunk. The mistakes are minor and difficult to see in ordinary viewing of the video.

The most convincing and obvious debunk was in the second video in the debunk link, where the cabinet door closes in pieces. That leaves no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join