It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Media Blackout in Japan Regarding Nuke Plant and Tokyo Evacuations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I found these feeds on BBC-

#2336: The BBC's Roland Buerk says an increasing number of Tokyo residents are deciding it is a good time to visit relatives in other parts of the country.

#2330: As day broke on Saturday, steam was reported to be rising from unit 3, according to Associated Press. Water in that fuel pool is believed to be dangerously low.

link

I have noticed that the western media is covering the evacuations of military families and foreigners from Tokyo area.. they are even covering the Japanese people fleeing Toyko. But I haven't yet seen any Japanese television news broadcasts covering it. They don't want to panic the people.

edit on 18-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

For several days I've been using NHK World for news. They have english in the daylight hours of US. Good news and virtually continuous. It beats the US and Reuters networks hands down for info. But you have to read between the lines to discovery what they were not saying.

But I just tried to bring it up, and got a server not found message.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
why did they wait a week to resupply power to the plants?
i mean, couldn't they have driven some power generation vehicles to the site
and patched in some power cables to the pumps?
they are a POWER company! didnt they have any portable AC generators?
they have waited way too long to think anything is going to work now...

just who is running that place? Homer Simpson???

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arufon

You've answered your own question. If they could do it, they would have done it a long time ago. Nothing has happened which would suddenly make them able now. So we know they can't, and this is all a charade. Even if they do somehow get some kind of power to something -- heck, even if they could wave a magic wand and fully restore functionality to one of the reactors -- there's so much more to the mess that it wouldn't make much of a difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

if they can reconnect power to the pumps, and somehow the circulating pumps havent been destroyed,
and the metal piping that circulates the water isnt cracked, and the cooling system that cools the circulating
water hasnt been smashed, then maybe they have a shot at normalizing things at the plants...

yeah, it could happen.
yup, if they had done it a WEEK ago.

it;s just too bad they've been spraying electrically conductive/corrosive salt water on everything,
and dumping water from helicopters and shooting water from water cannons which tends to smash
everything... yup, Homer Simpson couldn't have done any worse.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
How far away are you from the plants? Could this be a sign that the "miraculous" power cable option has failed? Or worse that meltdown has begun?

Actually I prefer "Magic Power Cable", which of course follows the "Magic Water Cannon" and "Magic Helicopters"...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is why the Internet is so important, not only for the breaking news that the networks want to keep you in the dark about, but for the support that you can get only from real people.

I would suggest using the Internet and emails to keep you in the loop.

As far as the media blackout, that to me indicates people are becoming afraid regardless of how calm the government wants you to remain.

This is such a tragic and inspiring time, find the truths wherever you can and always remember you are not alone. The entire world is mourning with you. This is not the time to move on and put the past behind you, this is the present.

One week today. God bless you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yikes. I see what you are saying. I had suspected things were a whole lot worst days ago. Reports sort of hushed up a bit since then. Perhaps they don't want to panic people. Looks like they are going to have to go the concrete sarcophagus route.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Yikes. I see what you are saying. I had suspected things were a whole lot worst days ago. Reports sort of hushed up a bit since then. Perhaps they don't want to panic people. Looks like they are going to have to go the concrete sarcophagus route.

They had better do the concrete sarcophagus thing quick before reactors or the ponds go into full meltdown. By then, it might be too late.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is why the Internet is so important, not only for the breaking news that the networks want to keep you in the dark about, but for the support that you can get only from real people.

I would suggest using the Internet and emails to keep you in the loop.

As far as the media blackout, that to me indicates people are becoming afraid regardless of how calm the government wants you to remain.

This is such a tragic and inspiring time, find the truths wherever you can and always remember you are not alone. The entire world is mourning with you. This is not the time to move on and put the past behind you, this is the present.

One week today. God bless you.

Thanks for your kind words. I thought about getting out of Japan like most of the other foreign nationals are doing now, but I have too many close relations here. I stay with them all to the end.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Michio is on CNN again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
He said it's worst than the government there is saying and that they live in a fanatsy world. He says they need to bury it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh with my first reply to you. I should have just posted that to begin with. I'm just frazzled from not enough sleep and too much wading through disinformation. I can tell you're just looking for the truth like the rest of us. Thanks for being gracious about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I do not understand Japan's(Gov and media) approach to this situation, they need to be up front and honest with the people.

I agree, but you know, honesty, respect and care doesn't fit well with government and media

They cannot hide it for long (if it is worse than they are reporting), and then they will/should be held accountable for any further harm to people and the environment.

Sorry but they can, just look how BP did it in the GOM and still did. Look how good BP is about delaying paiements, avoiding or cutting fines and denying all responsibility about the people falling sick.

When people in Japan start falling sick and dying ( Really hope not ) we will be feed with ANYTHING from poisonous frying pan to mutated strain of some chicken disease but the truth. Radiation ? what radiation...

The only reason i can see them hiding information is to stop panic, but the people of Japan and the rest of the world deserve to know exactly whats going on.

Yes we deserve and have the right to know the truth but lets say they tell people that radiation are deadly in a radius of 200 Km Square, like you said, mass panic and when a said mass i mean how 30 Millions or 70 Millions people in total fear for their life will react and behave ? unthinkable chaos

Also, how to evacuate several's millions of people ? and where ? that's just impossible. Look how they manage all the major catastrophes like Katrina, TOTAL FAIL ! and they had a plan and been trained for events like that !

Imagine a morons FEMA like agency trying to move 60 Millions peoples around.

REUTERS Mars 20 2011 - The Mutual Emergency Synchronous System ( MESS ) (also called Managing Events So Sadly ) has just began the evacuation of irradiated area, an estimate of 60 Millions peoples will be safely and humanly evacuated with cattle trains and old oil cargo ship to beautiful camp in Gulag, Siberia. Estimate cost of the operation is around 30M to 40M and take about 3 months to complete according to the Insert name of corrupt politician of your choice in charge of the MESS budget and operations...

NY Times November 4 2011 - According to MESS apart 8 months late and a little 580M more than the previously projected budget Everything is going fine and 18 people so far as been evacuated.

The POST April 6 2012 - People complaining about dying in the cattle trains in Siberia, The 18 Billions study leading to the evacuation plan does not include clothing. Col. John Phillips, in charge of logistic " We never think about cloths...too bad"

You got the point.... great post i enjoy it.

Cheer

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Medievalghost.

I'm 2,000 kms S of Fukushima in S Kagoshima Pref.

The only way I can get info is from comments on videos on Youtube and the internet - with ATS being the best all-round source. There is one other place which doesn't have such a variety of info which gives more of the hard facts, but I'm hesitant to say which site it is here because it is a very non-PC site. In a PM I'll tell you.

Apart from that I get info from my wife. She works part-time in a hotel and they're always chatting. Lots of travellers have said their veiws of what's happeneing and lots of people here have relatives in that area.

And our radio news comes from only one or two AM stations (it's real quiet around here). The good thing about being so far-flung is that the newscasters often say what they think. I used to think they didn't get orders from HQ to not-say something in time to stop the newscasters from letting the cat out of the bag. - Well our radio news these past few days has been much more censored than usual and I'm very frustrated because I really want to know what is going on.

I fear the worst with the situation in Fukushima. I think at the bottom of all this disinfo and misinfo is rich people who want to keep their money and I think that a lot of people are going to die - hundreds of thousands in a few years... and they don't care so long as they get to keep the nukes and keep their cash.

I want to know mostly because I am settled here and I may need to adjust some things in my life so as to do what is best for me and mine. How can I do this if I don't know what is happening?

I hope you are OK up there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join