It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Help Me Decode This (Christian?)(Esoteric?) Code I Found !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I would check to see if it has anything to do with this

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, author of the DaVinci Code
www.thelostsymbol.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My first reaction was either a Jesuit or a Templar code as well....

The JHS is actually IHS, but the J and the I can be interchanged.

The crosses look more like a representation of the cross of the zodiac than a modern christian representation.

Edit to add:

Here is a link to the wiki entrance that explains the exoteric philosophy behind JHS.

In the Latin-speaking Christianity of medieval Western Europe (and so among Catholics and many Protestants today), the most common Christogram is "IHS" or "IHC", denoting the first three letters of the Greek name of Jesus, iota-eta-sigma, or ΙΗΣ. The Greek letter iota is represented by I, and the eta by H, while the Greek letter sigma is either in its lunate form, represented by C, or its final form, represented by S. Because the Latin-alphabet letters I and J were not systematically distinguished until the 17th century, "JHS" and "JHC" are equivalent to "IHS" and "IHC". "IHS" is sometimes interpreted as meaning Iesus Hominum Salvator ("Jesus, Savior of men" in Latin) or connected with In Hoc Signo. Such interpretations are known as backronyms. Used in Latin since the seventh century, the first use of IHS in an English document dates from the fourteenth century, in The vision of William concerning Piers Plowman.[2] Saint Bernardino of Siena popularized the use of the three letters on the background of a blazing sun to displace both popular pagan symbols and seals of political factions like the Guelphs and Ghibellines in public spaces (see Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus). English-language interpretations of "IHS" have included "I Have Suffered" or "In His Service", or jocularly and facetiously "Jesus H. Christ".

edit on 3/18/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I agree with it looking Kabalistic/Goldendawn. The JHS looks like something out of The Roman Catholic Church. The crosses look like Knights Templar symbols. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
:BREAKING: The guy did have the entire cloth on him and he took the picture... Here is the WHOLE thing now:

too bad I can't go back to the original post and add this =-\ .

this is the piece of plastic he found it in:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Now i have no idea! The bottom right looks like Programming Code

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the whole thing! It does throw my original frequency count way off, but now we do see that there are "zeros" or "Os" like I originally thought the lack of was very odd. There's also a whole other triangle symbol. Very cool. This doesn't make de-coding this thing harder, in fact, it makes it easier!

Looks like I'll be busy for a while......

BTW, the I:H:S is also on catholic communion wafers, but that usually denotes a reference to Isis, Horus, and Set, Egyptian Gods that got adopted into the dogma when converting to christianity was the "in thing".
edit on 3/19/11 by Druid42 because: Added the BTW bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

That is good to hear I guess!

reply to post by TedHodgson

That is not good to hear, haha.

I think the bottom left has to have some kind of significance .... some meaning behind it.... It is orderly numbered from 1 to 9. Then there are two more orders of numbers .

The most important thing here in this code I think ( I don't even consider myself even as a novice cipherist so I am probably wrong) would have to be the 1's , 11's, and the 111's.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Im afraid I have no input for the decoding but I am going to S&F to bump the thread!

I hope this is not a hoax and it would be really cool if someone deciphers it!

Il be watching this thread closely!

Good Luck everyone!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here's what I have so far:

With (mostly, missing right margin) the whole cipher, I was able to get a much more accurate frequency count. Here's where you guys can help. *HELP WANTED* The letters E, T, A, O, N, I, S, and H are the top 8 recurring letters in the english language. It's a matter of matching those letters to my (mostly accurate) frequency count. I am deducing that the cipher can be translated into english, as it has a "Templarish" feel to it. Out of the english alphabet, with coding it, he left out 6 letters, B, D, G, N, W, and Z. That may be a clue as well.

There are 19 Letters used, 16 unique Symbols, and 9 base Numbers, for a total of 44 unique characters. There is either some redundancy going on, or some characters may have "word" meanings. 44 is a large alphabet to work with. *HELP WANTED* Let me explain the Frequency Count.

In any language which is based upon an alphabet, there is a certain number of letters to be used. The alphabet consists of the smallest mutually accepted "idiograms". There have been thousands of such alphabets devised. Be thankful you're not Japanese, because they have over 108 basic "ideograms". Very complicated.

Any alphabet has to "recycle" the letters to form different "words", in order to produce anything mutually acceptable between the members of the community speaking that language. However, certain letters appear more often. I counted them, and am sorting through the mound of data I derived. There are three sets of "ideograms", one of Letters, one of Symbols, and one of Numbers. Here's the list, and I listed them (cipher symbol) = freq. count.

Numbers:

(1)=20 [may also be an "I"]
(2)=11
(3)=66
(4)=37
(5)=73
(6)=21
(7)=40
(8)=60
(9)=28

Symbols:

(large "Cross")=35
(small "cross")=12
("i" symbol)=5
("dotted W")=1
(i)=16
(ii)=22
(iii)=46
( : )=190
(.)=13
(=)=93
(-)=25
(%)=28
(oo)=28
(#)=26
("backwards Epsilon")=1
("lowercase d")=8
(ooo)=22

Letters:

(a)=3
(c)=4
(e)=2
(f)=2
(h)=5
(i)=20
(j)=5
(k)=6
(l)=3
(m)=1
(o)=? maybe "zero"
(p)=9
(q)=1
(r)=31
(s)=7
(t)=1
(v)=5
(x)=1 maybe y
(y)=15

So here is where the *HELP WANTED* sign comes in.

I have a summary, check the numbers, but numbers (5), (3), (8), and (4) are favored the most. Symbols are ( : ), (=), and (iii), with the letters being (r), (y), and (i). That's ten common characters in this cipher. My etaonish list is 8, so the possibility of matching the most common english letters to the most common elements is good. The correlation is a good place to start.

The portion to the bottom left looks like it needs a different key, but if we can figure out the first, we can figure out the second. I started middle left, at that sequence number 1-9. I also tried the little section above that. My key was (5)=e, (3)=s, (8)=n, (iii)=a, (=)=t, and (r)=s. You guys can substitute any letters for any symbols, this is just a good place to start. That key isn't totally accurate.

Using that key, starting middle left, going down:
a_t_nt_ _n_ _t
_t_o:t_ _ _ _

*templarish crosses x2*

o_n:e
_ _n:t:
_ _n:s:e:_
_ _s:nt_ _t
_ _n:t:
_ _nt_:_:_
_ _o:ts_t:__
n_nt_ _ _so_
_:_:_

*templarish crosses x2*

Of course, I am going to play with different values, and see if something doesn't start to appear. I havn't even tried yet to address other "interesting sections", but I wanted to post how far I've gotten so far.

If you find the key, be sure to post it!

edit on 3/19/11 by Druid42 because:
renders as a smiley face, lol, added spaces.

edit on 3/19/11 by Druid42 because: another smiley, lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

wow! You must be on to something! I wish I could help out but right now I am unfortunately unable to due to my health (surgery). I hope in bumping this that someone can help you out otherwise I would see what I can do in later weeks (haha).

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Nice decoding work so far, keeping my eye on this in case someone cracks it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm not sure how right I am but doesn't the english language have 44 phonic sounds? Would it be at all possible for a code to be written that way?
...Just a thought...

edit on 20/3/11 by LondonUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
uhm.. Bump?

Second line.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Very Templarish. The circle with the cross inside with the JHS: The circle with the cross inside looks Rosicrucian and Knights of Malta (which was a haven for the Templars). Keep going man, your on to something. Maybe Rosicrucian/Illuminatti coding?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why inst this still going this fascinated me. Any more developments?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Were you on base when you found this? could be a something someone higher up was working on?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by malahide66

Reread the original post. I am not that person. And yes I am surprised more peoole are not interested in this.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I'm very interested, I just lack the crytography skills to make any more contribution than I already have. Keeping my eye on it though and occasionally looking at the picture to see if I have any insights. Thanks for posting OP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join