It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Help Me Decode This (Christian?)(Esoteric?) Code I Found !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ATS, I know you guys are the go-to for these kinds of things and I hope you guys don't fail me on this.

This was taken from www.reddit.com from the user "cb900crdr" .

www.reddit.com...
(click on comments)

This secret code just seems to stimulate my mind and sparked some kind of interest in my all of the sudden to know what it means.

Here is the back story for this piece of paper by the user "cb900crdr":

Backstory: Many years ago when I was in the Navy, I was doing laundry and went to put my clothes in a drier. Inside was this cloth folded up with this writing on it. It had been placed in a thick piece of plastic and sealed so it could not get wet. This is only part of the what's written on the cloth. I had to cut the plastic open to unfold the cloth, years ago, that's why there's a little staining on it now.

Here are some places to start via comment submissions from users:

"piggybankcowboy":

It looks related to ritual magick, maybe Key of Solomon type stuff. Some of the symbols remind me of stuff I've seen associated with the Golden Dawn, and Crowley, but I could be way off on that.

"piggybankcowboy"

Can't come up with anything regarding the numbers, but the "J:H:S:" appears to be a Christogram. Also, Wiki on Christograms. The whole I = J thing reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, haha. So yeah, probably Christian magic, as opposed to a pagan form, although the two tend to cross paths quite a bit from what I gather.

"daruka":

Looks like someone was dabbling in numerology magick (WIKI).

"Sysiphuslove":

It looks like Aleister Crowley's math homework. Seriously though, it looks like ritual magic of some kind, but it doesn't look like there's any finality or completed order about it: there's no discernible pattern. The writing looks a bit Enochian: I'm going to make a guess and say it's Enochian magic, or possibly chaos magic of some kind. If you found this wrapped up and protected somewhere, depending on exactly where it was, I'm going to guess that it's part of a spell: your uncovering it and unwrapping it would have broken the spell though, if I know my Witchcraft 101. This is definitely a more entertaining mystery than what I'm used to seeing online. I'd love to see the rest of the cloth.

I hope this is not some kind of hoax or anything!

A few people including myself have asked for a full shot of the piece of cloth, I hope he hasn't returned it or anything! Could be missing a few vital parts!

Do you think there has to be some sort of cipher to read this kind of thing? Or is any attempt useless to decode this kind of thing without a cipher?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You need to establish some sort of pattern and what those crosses mean. They seem signficant because there are so many of them. The crosses are different from the typical cross you see. This is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth"

Thats what ive got so far, Working on it

edit on 18/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
could you tell us what key/method you are using. to get what you have allready come across thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

I need the image as a whole though really, Could you send it to my email address if i PM you it?

I have asked via personal message and as a comment the user for a whole image. I hope he can provide it to us!

If you look at the bottom left hand corner, you can see

1-8:5
2-8:=:
3- (cut off)

so I think that might be some kind of way to decipher the code. I hope this guy can come through and give us the entire image.

Link To the full discussion
edit on 18-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

The document is the key to its own text, I must say its an absolutely amazing peice, The keys relate to Passages of the Bible and Books in the library of congress

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

sorry ,, it's above MY pay grade..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
thanks ted

all you have to do is right click and click view image, you'll get the full picture

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have nothing to offer as far as an interpretation but there's no reason for a christian to write an elaborate code. So far the bible only has one "secret code" and that's in interpreting six hundred three score and six in relation to the beast.

Commenting on the origin of this peice, the man who made it may have been christian but it didn't come from the bible. Why make the truth avalible only to those who can decipher a strange code?

It is interesting, but honestly I wouldn't spend my time trying to find out what a potentially useless message has to say.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Thanks, However probably the most important peice of code is missing in the bottom right corner, I need the entire thing if you get my meaning

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sorry but I had to say this.

It states "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

No harm no foul.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hi fordrew, this looks a little like magick or kaballistic working to me & reminds me a little of some of the stuff I scribble down sometimes. But my eye is drawn to the triangles, which initially reminded me of the electronic symbol for an operational amplifier, or OP AMP. You can google image that & find a gazillion examples of it. Having said that, & in light of this story coming from naval personnel (?), I wonder whether a) this was found in the laundry at a naval base b) what kind of work went on there if that's the case.
My guess, based on the above possibilty & the lengths the person who lost it went to to protect it, is that this could be a sophisticated shorthand of an electronic circuit, possibly even an entire board. The numbers repeat at various points on the diagram too & suggest common connections or jumpers. The crosses could be busses. My older bro is an electronics engineer so I've seen plenty of circuit diagrams over the years & with a little imagination, that's what this reminds me of. Maybe someone was up to no good?

Pretty far out I know but that's kind of what i see. Intriguing stuff!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here's what I got from it:

Here lies the treasure of Chester Copperpot. Beware of Booby Twaps!

Goonies Forever!!

J/k.

But seriously, I will not sleep peacefully till this gets solved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Looks to me like some one lost their secret teachings of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
could you tell us what key/method you are using. to get what you have allready come across thanks

One of the most effective ways of being a code breaker is to be aware of the nature of the code maker... Look at the symbols and ask your self: "What was life like for them? What did they fear, love, worship and ignore? Digg deep into their mind and you will unlock any code they came up with.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Very good observation... I am aware of the symbol for OP AMP as I have taken a course in electronics however for an OP AMP there should be inputs (some kind of wires) and outputs (wires again) to it and there should be wire(s) that go from input and around the entire OP AMP and connect to the output.

like this:

reply to post by TedHodgson

Very interesting so far indeed TedHodgon! How did you arrive to this information about the code so far? What kind of code is it?

So far I have not received a response from this person and he has not replied to the reddit discussion yet.

edit on 18-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ritual magick is my guess too. Trying to look at it for numerology meanings but can't seem to find a pattern that way. I like the bible verse idea but that doesn't make much sense in regards to it's format. Christian esotericism I think is going to be the key. The thing that stands out most to me is the

J:H:6:8:cross

Makes me think of JHVH (Yod He Vod He)

which would make 6=V and 8=H

The rest is going to require more thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Can you please explain your methodology, or are you just making crack pot guesses? Have you ever studied the Voynich Manuscript? Maybe you should take a whack at that too.....

Seriously, I've analyzed this particular bit, still working on it, but I can explain how I'm doing it, and explaining what I've found so far. I'm not yielding an english translation, I'm giving you the standard analysis for any language/code/writing.

1) Check for repeating sequences. I found 2: (7=954345119) and (J:H:S). In simple ciphers there should be more, usually to account for words like "the" and "and", common words that reoccur if this was a simple substitution cipher. Let's break it down further.

2) There are no zeros whatsoever. No "Os" either. Nothing simple and circular. I find this very very odd. In a translation the zero would have importance if these are coordinates of some sort. The "O" occurs in most words. I could count how many "Os" this last sentence had, and I'd come up with 5. Therefore, I think the zero or "O" are coded in the symbols somehow.

3) Check for recognizable alphabet letters. I found (a, e, f, h, i, j, k, l, m, r, s, x, and y). 13 letters that are definately recognizable. There are 3 occurrences of "l", but they are hard to spot because they are often grouped with a bunch of "iiis", just a little taller.

4) Check for recognizable numerals. Yep, I found 1-9 a plenty, and maybe even 13. Often in a code that could also mean 1 and 3. This is looking like a numerical substitution, coded with symbols.

5) Find the unknown symbols. I'll list thirteen, and may be inaccurate. (22 large crosses), (10 small crosses), (4 "i" symbols, as in "i" imaginary number), (a "w" with a dot above, which I think is a focus point), (iii), (ii), (i), ( : ), (=), (-), (.), (%), (backwards "E", greek symbol), and (#). Alot of those symbols have been substituted to mean something else.

6) Frequency count: I haven't finished this yet. Basically, you count through each symbol, and see how many times it appears. (I counted 22 large crosses, 10 small ones, etc. I still have to count how many occurrences of ( : ), (iii), etc.

7) Word groupings: "Words" in a cipher are sets of symbols. Due to their placement in a cipher, the author usually invokes another level of encryption. Once you can establish "words", they usually follow a structure.

8) Graphic ciphers contain word sizes as well. I found three categories, small, medium, and large. The large category contains a set of three "key" words, like headings, and 22 large "crosses". The medium category so far contains 2 examples, (J:H:S), like subheadings. The small category contains the rest of the cipher, with letters, numbers and symbols, and 10 small "crosses".

After I finish the frequency count, I'll add more. If you guys can spot anything I've missed, please let me know.
edit on 3/18/11 by Druid42 because: Fixed a few missed words.

edit on 3/18/11 by Druid42 because: Had to fis the smilies occuring from
":" then ")" in the symbols list. Hah.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Looks to me like some one lost their secret teachings of Jesus Christ.

< br />
That style of cross with the bars on the end is a Templar Cross

"IN THIS, WE CONQUER"

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join