It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
As far as your saying this site is a leftwing affair, that one cracks me up. Just last month we had several Liberals who decrying our moderation for being Neo-Cons, Right Wingers, Republican door mats and all sorts of other lovely terms...

Exactly, those hardliners from both sides REFUSE to see anything else. When will people decide for themselves on a certain issue, not wait to be TOLD?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What concerns me more about the agenda for an informational site like ATS is the commercialization of it and the desire to grow membership numbers and present impressive site traffic statistics above other objectives.

That agenda may be more significant to what becomes of the site than the particular views of moderators giving up their time voluntarily to help a developing commercial venture.

Everything here is propaganda including this post.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Since none of the moderators are responding I will try again.

There is a concerted effort to maintain a clean and repectful site. No racist, nationalistic, off color thought. Great.

But it seems to stop when threads or comments about America, Americans, Conservatives, pro war, military religious topics pop up.

It seems like there is a rush of moderators to shut down threads that comment on France or criticize Islam (Criticize not insult.)

It is open season though on the military, its personel, conservatives or any one pro Iraq war. Any thought no matter how below the belt is fair.

Is there an agenda? You are allowed to have one. It is your site. Just asking.

yes there is an agenda.
THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOU. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What concerns me more about the agenda for an informational site like ATS is the commercialization of it and the desire to grow membership numbers and present impressive site traffic statistics above other objectives.

That agenda may be more significant to what becomes of the site than the particular views of moderators giving up their time voluntarily to help a developing commercial venture.

Everything here is propaganda including this post.

MA, that is fairly ambiguous. I see no problem in creating an atmosphere that new thought comes to the board. It's unfortunate that new REAL thought does but you have to glean the chaff with the wheat.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Speaking of Denying Ignorance, that is not the main objective, quality and insight is still the main drive. Otherwise why not just remove the 1liner/bigquote etc and make a huge AOLer board we could all frolic in?

However, new members is an important part of ATS, new blood, fresh opinions, fresh ideas. More people getting exposed to points of view they would otherwise not see. Like everything, it cycles, there is always a % of older members losing interest, to be replaced by new members.

Really, what would you prefer, a little insular community where we all sat around and patted each other on the back for being so clever?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Commercialization ??

I think this is completley the wrong word.

A sign of commercialization woud be if topics were banned because of commercial fears.By that I mean that topics might be banned because advertisers had complained.

This has never happened and it never will.

No topic ,excepting perhaps holocaust denial,is off limits as long as it is argued in a reasonable way by participants and that has always been the case.

ATS is a chance for ordinary people to express their views to a wide audience.It's not hard to see that the internet gives people who might not otherwise have a voice the opportunity to air their normally ignored views in a public way.

ATS magnifies the little voice.

Every decision is taken with the members wants or needs uppermost in staffs minds.

ATS is increasingly popular. Is it really any wonder?

Most members want to share it.Most members want as larger forum as possible so that their views can reach as many people as possible.

Another sign of commercialization might be a harvesting of the board through advertising.

Again we can see this is not happening.Every cent of advertising revenue is ploughed back into ATS.

So,MA I disagree with your assertion that ATS is becoming commercial.I'd like to see you back it up.

ATS has always been popular for those that have found it.Now just more people are finding it.

And since when has popularity been a bad thing?

Popularity just signals that ATS fulfills a core need,the need for otherwise voiceless people to shout from the mountaintop.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If I have to agree with any points its

Elevatedone's comment on people presenting claims and never propping them up with fact: IE "Aliens are coming back in an official way"

But back to the original question

Is there a political bias?

In no way shape or form.

I know many moderators and members who share my views but at the same time I know various moderators and members who do not share my views and we find a common ground.

Ive never been punished for my crusades for Iraq or against Syria, and I feel that both right and left members get equal applause for good contributions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join