It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody practice raids, ambushes, patrols?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We used to do this as kids with texts we had like various FM's and the Ranger Handbook and things like that.

We'd split into teams and recon each other and have objectives like convoy movements and deliveries or assaults and play them out.

Eventually at the end of the day it always boiled down to arguing over who was dead and who wasnt because we didnt have airsoft or paintball guns just pellet guns and various plastic noise making guns.

Anyway, most of us kids are now living stable 9-5 lives and those who went off to the military are back home and we were talking about getting into paintball or airsoft or something and after a few beers that led to SHTF talking and we'll we're just thinking that if we went ahead and did this sort of thing as adults we'd be risking running afoul of the numerous "anti-terror" hype and "homegrown extremist" crap and getting ourselves in trouble.

I'm thinking we could do it sort of low-key with virtual positions and game it pen and paper moreso than actually going out to a state forest and running it for real.

Sucks that this is a concern. Can't just go out and play a game without risking a knock on the door from the feds. Or am I just being paranoid?

Maybe if we did it in Civil War uniforms?
Contemporary military dress would obviously set off alarms and doing it in blue jeans would make us look like fugitives but Civil War uniforms would just make us look like practicing reenactors or a theater troupe or something.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Sucks that this is a concern. Can't just go out and play a game without risking a knock on the door from the feds. Or am I just being paranoid?

I don't think ur paranoid at all.

But look at what happened to the Hutaree
in Michigan for posting a youtube video
of military style operations.

I don't think the Feds would have paid them
any mind, if they hadn't publicized their
group all over the net.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I don't think the Feds would have paid them
any mind, if they hadn't publicized their
group all over the net.

That shouldnt be a concern here. There's maybe a dozen of us at most and we dont have any desire to recruit or spread any message or do anything other but have some fun outside in between hunting seasons.

Nor do we really want to spend the money on equipment for something like paintball or have to pay fees to access sanctioned events or games.

It shouldnt cost us anything to play what essentially is adult tag in the park followed by a hibachi and some burgers.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There are already thousands of adult Airsoft players in complete and fairly accurate BDUs running around fields across the country, and they aren't getting hassled by Homeland Security or anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just make sure you do it in the proper area, rent a field or find someone with a good amount of land and ask/pay them to use it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

you could do it in ww2 uniforms, reinaction units are verry popular..
dont start a german one though lol.

www.reenactor.net...

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Paintball is a lot of fun and it matters if you get hit as it hurts - kinda changes the dynamic of say, using airsoft guns,
I used to play with some friends and we would go to the National forest or this abandoned brick factory.
I miss the heck out of actually.

At least with the airsoft you don't have to worry about making a big mess so that might be the better choice for most.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Paintball is a lot of fun and it matters if you get hit as it hurts - kinda changes the dynamic of say, using airsoft guns,
I used to play with some friends and we would go to the National forest or this abandoned brick factory.
I miss the heck out of actually.

At least with the airsoft you don't have to worry about making a big mess so that might be the better choice for most.

It totally depends on the type of guns you are using. Having played both Paintball and Airsoft in the past, I've had quite a few shots from Airsoft guns that hurt a lot worse than some Paintball guns I've been shot with. I would usually end up having meth-addict looking wounds all over my arms from the 500fps+ automatic rifles being used. Don't think anyone would say that doesn't hurt!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Myself I find it should be ..."I said should" wise to study the aspects of any group that may or may not, with or without reason...or possibly a wrong address...raid or patrol ..observe you...legal or illegal, cops or individuals.
What I'm getting at is studying ones adversaries...methods..of attack, you should be able to be better at being able to defend yourself, if you "know" their routines..and /or methods of attack.

I have found that just by studying differant branchs of the military..it is usually possible to tell what branch a person has served, by their actions.
ie marines are loud boisterous...front line football guys...sniper bait...bad term sorry if it offends..
and IMO the navy guys are really the quietest of the group..

The guys I grew up hunting with were all ex military..army, marines and navy...no airforce peeps in my family..

We played a game while hunting useing a ladies compact mirror each, we hunted each other, with the mirrors, to pass long days on the trail or in the woods, red neck laser tag if you will...
If you have never been hunted or hunted another human, its nothing like deer hunting, or any other animal hunting...them animals dont shoot back or set snares and traps...

top topics

join