It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life as we [all] know it. Put as simply as possible for you all -- please give this a read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
First, the name of the thread is not meant to upset but to help others see that (to put it ridiculously simple & yet make no sense) 'Everything is everything'.

To put it even simpler - we all believe the same things, how we get to that belief/fact of life is unique to us. Our disregard for understanding & humanity has led us down the path we are at now.

But before I keep rambling let me show you what I made this thread for...

You've ["We've"] been born & raised to kill one another -- with what we choose to kill another with, however is our choice.

-me 3/17/2011

That above quote I came up with last night got me started thinking (well, more so to say the least) and here's what I came up with..

To explain the above quote simply - we have to be self aware/conscious. Not just of our actions, but everything we do down to the thought we had for a macro second (or something long pondered)[*Reminds me of polar opposites]. If it effects a living orgasm physically/emotionally then it is being done by something consciously [as well as causing influence, in some 'realm' of thought, right? (*insight needed on this last sentence speficially - agree/disagree, why? etc.)

I'm not done quoting myself yet but I did want to add something here.

If I can influence, for example, the way a plant grows using +/- energy (or what have you), are not every molecule involved in sending such energy 'alive' in some fashion?

I'm not saying every molecule is alive at all. I am honestly asking this question. I guess what it comes down to is -- are we all one?
Continuation of previous quote...

Since energy can be stored it is absolute and absolute. it can never not be there/here/anywhere -- unless things do die out/fade away into the abyss. If all energy is dispersed then the molecule would be no more.

However, matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Right? -- since when energy is dispersed > left with empty shell >shell must be filled once again -- that is the cycle of life. [*Reincarnation explained?*]

I leave you with that for now.

Will be awaiting responses.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Yes.
edit on 18-3-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Very nice response

edit on 3/18/2011 by highlyoriginal because: removed some stuff

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind any responses to my OP -- in all sincerity, I don't mind being challenged - having a chance to provide myself with information from another perspective even if it doesn't agree with my own whatsoever is helpful to my personal growth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

If we are all one, why are we always trying to kill each other; wouldn't that be like killing ourselves?

You've ["We've"] been born & raised to kill one another -- with what we choose to kill another with, however is our choice.

Sure people are capable of working together toward a common goal and have a huge capacity for generosity in the face of adversity but, they never come together like they do when confronted with a common enemy. There's nothing like a common enemy to motivate us to grab the torches and pitchforks, demanding the heads of our common enemy.

TPTB used this instinct masterfully when they pulled off 9-11. Look how easily led we were after they "conveniently" identified the perpetrators of the attack just hours after it happened.

OK, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
'Everything is everything'.

ATS GURU
Accept Everything: Accept your thoughts, Accept your feelings
Enjoy the Bliss/Fullness

edit on 18-3-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
People are not that bad. We are geared to survive, sometimes killing ends up happening, but I don't think we go out of our way to do it.

I think we are just adapting to our environment, like other animals.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by highlyoriginal

If we are all one, why are we always trying to kill each other; wouldn't that be like killing ourselves?

Sure people are capable of working together toward a common goal and have a huge capacity for generosity in the face of adversity but, they never come together like they do when confronted with a common enemy. There's nothing like a common enemy to motivate us to grab the torches and pitchforks, demanding the heads of our common enemy.

TPTB used this instinct masterfully when they pulled off 9-11. Look how easily led we were after they "conveniently" identified the perpetrators of the attack just hours after it happened.

OK, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

I think you misunderstood the killing each other quote I wrote.

You can kill someone with kindness, can you not? If you're too kind you will also parish. You must take back from the world to which you give your energy towards otherwise you gain nothing except selflessness and there is only so much unselfish things you can do before hurting yourself entirely.

The tptb know how to manipulate very well; they are masters of the craft -- however, they are manipulating not only each other as well, but themselves which they don't even realize for the most part.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
People are not that bad. We are geared to survive, sometimes killing ends up happening, but I don't think we go out of our way to do it.

I think we are just adapting to our environment, like other animals.

Adapting to our environment is exactly it!

We're constantly adapting to our environment which is in fact constantly changing, so nothing is truly finite in this realm.

That's a great way to explain life to someone simply -- we're constantly adapting to our surroundings.

When you think about things for a while do you ever realize that you end up coming to a basic term, or an often used proverb? This is ourselves being understanding with... ourselves. You can argue a point forever because the truth is, is if nothing is finite, then how can you have a definitive answer for any moment other than the moment [the point] is proven true (without playing all variables into the equation constantly)?

...yeah hurts my head too

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

We 'kill' others because we kill ourselves, we seperate from ourselves and we moan and complain even though we have a choice not to. Feeding bodies with junk food, not taking care of the body, recklessly hiding from yourself, etc. They all 'kill' you or move you further away from yourself, so if we can't take care of ourselves, we certainty can't take care of others. Respect yourself and you start respecting others. Acting reckless pushes you away from yourself and others.

Jesus had it right. Although his teachings have been perverted out of fear, greed and control, if you can read between the lines you'll see.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by FortAnthem

We 'kill' others because we kill ourselves, we seperate from ourselves and we moan and complain even though we have a choice not to. Feeding bodies with junk food, not taking care of the body, recklessly hiding from yourself, etc. They all 'kill' you or move you further away from yourself, so if we can't take care of ourselves, we certainty can't take care of others. Respect yourself and you start respecting others. Acting reckless pushes you away from yourself and others.

Jesus had it right. Although his teachings have been perverted out of fear, greed and control, if you can read between the lines you'll see.

"Once your learn that you must place yourself first and foremost, before anyone, even your loved ones, you will be able to truly help others as you will now be helping yourself."

Yourself is always priority #1 if not then you have a problem.

Even if you say you will take a bullet for your lover, which in all fairness may be true, if you're not 100% how can you say that for sure? How do you know you wont be anxious and have delayed reaction? This is an extreme but I'm hoping it makes sense.

Good reply by the way OneLife.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have wrestled with this subject for my whole life. Here are just a few of my contemplations. Please bear with me. "No pun intended".

People (humans) are vain creatures. Most of us believe everything revolves around us and is for our pleasure. My searching has led me to believe that this is not so. I believe that anything with purpose has value and in the world's existence everything has purpose.

If you start with us, people, and work backwards, you will begin to understand where I am coming from. A human being, as an adult is a consumption machine, and yes I said machine. We eat, drink and breathe the energy of the earth constantly. The air we can filter or not, but we do consume it, breathing out CO2 as a byproduct. The water, again filtered or not, we consume and our efficient bodies use it to clean out the toxins, the byproducts of our body's operations. This is expelled into the environment. What we choose to consume as food, whether it is vegetable or flesh, is the energy we feed our body. Without any of these three items for a prolonged period our body (machine) quits for lack of energy, shuts down, and dies.

Now many people like to think they do not belong to this consumption agenda, but there is no escape from it. Some are strict vegetarians because they do not wish to eat anything with a face, or blood flowing through its veins. I am sorry to say that the vegetation they eat is every bit as alive as that cute little lamb some would turn into mutton. That tomato may not be able to wander from point to point, or flee to escape the one planning to eat it, but it is alive. It grows from a seed which is the product of the fertilization of its parents. It has drawn energy from the air, the sun and the water to flourish into a tomato plant. It has mated with another of its species, or self pollinated to reproduce in the form of that delicious tomato, which "Joe" human plucks and eats. Although the end to its cycle wasn't exactly what the plant may have had in "mind", it has fulfilled one of its purposes.

Now don't feel too sorry for the animals and plants that humans consume. No, because they get their revenge eventually. Maybe not the tomato or lamb personally, but one of their relatives. From the moment you come into existence your body's byproducts return to the environment and reenter the energy cycle. Your CO2 feeds those plants you (or the animals you eat) eat, as does your waste. And news to the human, you are eventually going to die. Now that could be from illness, old age, or one of the many wars we wage amongst ourselves, but you WILL die. And when you die, this wonderful body you have been so proud or ashamed of in your lifetime will decompose. No matter how you plan to have it cared for after your death it will rot and return to the energy cycle. The nutrients that made up your body will go into the soil, the air, the water and is going to ultimately feed the earth and ALL of its inhabitants.

Now, this was a round about way for me to say I agree, to an extent, to the statement you made that we are all meant to kill one another. But I will stipulate that by saying, we are all meant to SUSTAIN one another. Death/Killing is simply the by product of living. But I do agree that we choose how to kill. It can be with the mercy and understanding of one creature aware enough to realize that every other creature has the right to its place in the world and the dignity given to it by virtue of its existence. It can be with the mind of a predator, which may not contemplate at all, the thoughts the prey may have, it only sees a dinner or a conquest. It may be done with out any deep thought at all because that creature (man) believes it is supreme to all other living things. But kill we will. And it is our choice, once we become aware that we have one.

That is where I believe our soul/spirit/inner self/higher self comes into play. That is the part of us that determines how we approach living our lives. The development and education of that part of ourselves determines whether we are a predator, a mindless consumer or an aware participant in this beautiful thing we are privileged to participate in, called life. Now another subject to ponder... who was the genius that came up with this cycle? (that is a whole other can of worms), and are we helped or hindered by being aware of the choices? Ah, but I stray from the subject.

edit on 21-3-2011 by BearTruth because: verbage

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
"Once your learn that you must place yourself first and foremost, before anyone, even your loved ones, you will be able to truly help others as you will now be helping yourself."

Yourself is always priority #1 if not then you have a problem.

Even if you say you will take a bullet for your lover, which in all fairness may be true, if you're not 100% how can you say that for sure? How do you know you wont be anxious and have delayed reaction? This is an extreme but I'm hoping it makes sense.

I rethought this out and thought of a much better way to say the above:

You may wish to take a bullet for another, but how can you do so before you're able to put yourself first?

I think that sounds a lot better and it's much simpler.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

First I'd like to say I agree with what you've said -- although you jumped around a bit, and you just need to simplify some points. Other than that well written out, it's nice to have someone type out something longer than a sentence although every experience -- big or small -- is one we learn from (and what/how much we learn from a single moment in time is up to us completely).

You learn, or more so rediscover (since we have all knowledge within our [collective] consciousness, love in a moment (although it takes 'time' to reach that point - some faster than others).

The whole thing about people who choose to be vegetarians is spot on -- everything is alive (and if someone doesn't want to agree they can at least agree that it's alive in some form, maybe not capable of thought but we're just complex compounds with a consciousness).

Who knows? Maybe a plant thinks much more than we know (which is supposedly not at all.

I would think genetics is involved = alive = able to think to an extent since a plant has to adapt to it's surroundings, and that's the biggest point of our lives. We're constantly changing our surroundings therefore constantly trying to adapt.

It seems plants/animals (some) have mastered the art much better than us (but then again they tune out influencing etc. from tv or another human, other than energy received from another being/surroundings).

So, maybe animals are the ones that are more evolved? They are more free then we are in a lot of ways. Free - just not the largest animal on this planet on the food chain... but who says we are the only ones able to reason?

Maybe survival is the point of life -- surviving as long as possible as to gain as much knowledge as possible -- although knowing when to call it quits would be nice (such as learning what you're here for this lifetime, if that's how things work).

I can obviously logically prove in my opinion that reincarnation is real - just not to the extent that the Buddhists believe although I'd like to think there is more to life than our energy being reused over and over and storing information & feeding the cosmic consciousness... I just don't know what for certain, yet.

Sorry for the long post people, but I am very tired haven't slept yet tonight and it's early morning and I have a busy day ahead of me so I'm going to bed. I'll re-post later if necessary.

I'm looking forward to reading the replies though, this is actually getting interesting now that I've explained a bit more of what I meant in the OP (wish I could edit it now).

Edit: I responded to another thread of mine I had open which is about 'light beings' -- thinking it was this thread, I responded exactly the same to a post, but I'd like to share it here as well (within a post that was already made by the way so not a double post) - enjoy.

Now, this was a round about way for me to say I agree, to an extent, to the statement you made that we are all meant to kill one another. But I will stipulate that by saying, we are all meant to SUSTAIN one another. Death/Killing is simply the by product of living. But I do agree that we choose how to kill.

I completely agree with you.

The thing is I stated a simple fact of life that may be hard for some to grasp but it works with anything that's true throughout humankind.

For example: It's better to be prepared for the worst.

Now I can expand that saying easily, and it has been but that's the core saying - and everyone will agree it's better to be prepared for the worst than not to be, right?

But why they believe this to be true will sound different when explained than what I say or yourself.

This doesn't mean we don't believe the same fact, because we do, we just use our experiences/memories we have 'on file' or that make us unique to put it nicely, and explain that way.

When honestly there is a best way to explain something -- In the most simplest of terms.

Simplicity is beauty to me -- and harmony comes from simplicity in my eyes and harmony is what makes things... the way they are. Period.

Hope that makes sense. If not, ask me to re-explain because it's an important topic to understand as an individual - sharing these things is what makes life worth living. Sharing simple truths

edit on 3/22/2011 by highlyoriginal because: added 2nd part of post

top topics

join