It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells Americans: Do NOT prepare for radioactive fallout, just listen to your government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I also found this afew moments ago in regards to what treatments can be used.....very interesting article:

blog.imva.info...

www.greenmedinfo.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I watched some of the address yesterday afternoon. I just didn't get that warm, fuzzy, safe feeling that I think he was trying to present.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think it is really not so necessary to be too worried, rosetta stone spanishhowever ,US is still far away from Japan...and i believe that the government always think more for their people, they have enough iodine plates to provide if it really happens.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

All is well, do not panic.
We are in control.
You are the controlled.
We now return you to American Idol. Please vote.
Say, have you made your bracket picks yet?

I'm off to Rio!!

How's that hope and change workin' for ya? Working pretty good for me, got enough for 5 years of survive in place. I just wish my Geiger counter would shut the heck up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Oh, OK. I guess everything is cool then.

Was concerned for a minute there, glad I can go back to filling out my bracket.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
While typically I could care less what the government recommends as far as preparation for events is concerned, this is one of those moments when it would be prudent to listen.

There is VERY LITTLE danger of a radioactive plume causing any havoc in the US at all. Even for those in Hawaii. If it were a high probability that a radioactive cloud would kill off living things thousands of miles away in the US, ALL of Japan would be dead by now and so would Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by stevcolx

I also found this afew moments ago in regards to what treatments can be used.....very interesting article:

blog.imva.info...

www.greenmedinfo.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Nice info on these links. Thanks. I noticed a lot of vitamins and herbal remedies. Better get them in before they are taken off the shelves because of 'Codex Alimentarius'!

That's another part of New World Order's Agenda 21. Take away the populations ability to protect themselves with more natural substances!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh no not the radioactive zombies again. Just when i thought it was safe to go to sleep at night here they come. I think most Americans are zombies radioactive or not. Those of you that are leaving please leave your keys and deeds with me to take care of

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You and I would have a lot of fun in a zombie apocalypse.

Don't tell me you don't keep extra buckshot!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well lets see he took his girls down to the Gulf during the oil spill and went swimming in the ocean\bay. How much you wanna bet his not going to be taking his daughters to Japan for a vacation anytime soon...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My son was at work making fun of me to his boss , a man from Thailand.He was tell him I had went of the deep end and bought a 50lb bag of rice, alot of bottled water, and dried beans.His bosses reply,"Your mother smart women,we are prepared in our basement also...Hey was your mother able to pick up some potassium iodine?"

I have our Ki !!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i saw an interesting study back when there was a case being made for the people who were downwind from the above ground tests in nevada, many decades ago now. they found there was a belt of people, across the usa who had a higher incidence of multiple sclerosis and that it coincided with the jet stream, for the most part. the interesting part was, that it wasn't isolated to the immediate area, but all the way across the usa.

will see if i can find the map that shows the data, unless someone else has it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
amazing how many people are downplaying this.

ionizing radioactive isotopes are dangerous at ANY level, and are not comparable to things like 'being in the sun'.

are you people morons or do you just enjoy being reckless?

im actually very disappointed to see some of the usual 'proof or it didnt happen' parrots here accepting obamas word as gospel...

well obama we are all ears.... you say its safe and not to worry, well put your money where your mouth is. lets open public access to the data readings over the pacific.

PROOF OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
edit on 18-3-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
here's a pdf on it. page 16 "A Journal of Mormon Thought"
actually contains a map of where the fall out went. these were real nukes, tested above ground in the usa proper.

www.dialoguejournal.com...

i think the japanese example is alot less dangerous by comparison, but it never hurts to be careful. just don't have open windows for a month or so, perhaps? don't drive with car windows open, etc.

edit on 18-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
From 1945 onwards, the US Goverment and other countries of the world have released in excess of 2045 nukes in the space of 65 years , both in the air, on and underground and in our oceans.

The US alone has detonated around 101 atmosopheric nukes within its own borders between 1951 - 1963 with a further 909 underground detonation of nukes between 1951 - 1992. Even Britain was allowed to detonated a further 24 nukes on US soil between 1962 - 1991

With all these nukes going off everywhere in such a short period of time it kinda makes the incident in Japan seem pretty small in comparison.

In closing, I post video by Isao Hashimoto which demonstrates very clearly the scale of 'testing' of nukes carried out within the lifetime of many reading this post.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

in 5-10 years they will be

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

how are controllad weapons tests comparable to multiple reactor meltdowns?

did you just hear the word 'nuclear' and assume they were the same thing?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

And 'controlled' release of 1000's of nukes means its radiation fallout is somehow safer than a reactor meltdown? There is certainly a possibility the damaged reactors in Japan may or may not get worse, my post was to highlight ONLY what has already happened thus far.

If we look at the Chernobyl disaster of 1986 we see that:-

The Chernobyl disaster was a nuclear accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Ukrainian SSR (now Ukraine). It is considered the worst nuclear power plant accident in history, and it is the only one classified as a level 7 event on the International Nuclear Event Scale.

Four hundred times more radioactive material was released than had been by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. However, compared to the total amount released by nuclear weapons testing during the 1950s and 1960s, the Chernobyl disaster released 1/100 to 1/1000 the radioactivity.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Thought this appropriate

That scene never gets old

When a president says to "just listen to your government" We should all be concerned. Especially when the words come from our current Narcissist in Chief. I'll listen to the govt. when and if they ever complete a project on time and on budget.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I agree radiation from Japan is not much of a threat to us. However we definitely should prepare, and this tragedy is a good reminder to do so. With all the earthquake activity around the world, volcanoes and weather etc,. going on, we have nuclear plants also and this could happen somewhere closer to home to any one of us. So take this as a que to get prepared!

I agree with Hawkiye here. A situation like the one in Japan should be a wake-up call to the possibility of similar scenarios here in the states and our region. We should be getting prepared. If this happened here, you better believe we'd be getting on it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join