It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells Americans: Do NOT prepare for radioactive fallout, just listen to your government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

He is right.
What will happen is a bunch of dumb/paranoid older people will think the radiation is here and start taking iodide pills and give themselves bigger problems then they would have initially had.

If you are over 40 you shouldn't take them. Radioactive fallout is not likely (or highly unlikely actually) to be substantial in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I didn't even know that guy said anything..

Free advice from strangers known to lie is worth every penny..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

All you need is love......

.......and the radiation network

edit on 18/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

edit on 18-3-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Post fixed so duplicate removed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks I guess a simple embed doesn't work. I got it fixed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, HIS Surgeon General said stocking potassium iodide tablets is prudent. Our Government at best is slow, lazy, and incompetent, and at worst simply lies.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

a bunch of dumb/paranoid older people

Excuse me? In my 63 years of experience it is generally the younger people who are dumb and paranoid since they don't have the benefit of years of experience.

I would further suggest that you get your facts straight before making such statements.

The FDA guidance prioritizes groups based on age, which primarily determines risk for radioiodine-induced thyroid cancer. Those at highest risk are infants and children, as well as pregnant and nursing females, and the recommendation is to treat them at the lowest threshold (with respect to predicted radioactive dose to the thyroid). Anyone over age 18 and up to age 40 should be treated at a slightly higher threshold. Finally, anyone over 40 should be treated with KI only if the predicted exposure is high enough to destroy the thyroid and induce lifelong hypothyroidism.

In addition the over 40 aspect is only because there is less chance of cancer and a greater chance of an allergic reaction - not that they ''will give themselves bigger problems then(sic) they would have initially had''.

Question from MP: Regarding this article from SurvivalBlog ( www.atsdr.cdc.gov...), it indicates Potassium Iodide is not needed for anyone over age 40 if exposed to high levels of radiation since their risk of thyroid cancer is low. Is this true?

Answer: Per the CDC: “Adults older than 40 years should not take KI unless public health or emergency management officials say that contamination with a very large dose of radioactive iodine is expected. Adults older than 40 years have the lowest chance of developing thyroid cancer or thyroid injury after contamination with radioactive iodine. They also have a greater chance of having allergic reactions to KI.”

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Amen

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Is Alex Jones Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering with Potassium Iodide?
www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

Hi Rev.,
It's nice to see you again.

If it is true than it is Capitalism at its finest. This doesn't make it right. The problem is that according to the global wind patterns the radiation clouds are flowing straight across the U.S. but if you think about it, in the U.S. we are always looking for the quick fix. Take a pill and it's over. Unfortunately with radiation this is not really the case. But the good news is, is that most of the radiation is dissipating over the Pacific prior to reaching the coast.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

it'd be interesting to find out where his family is while he's visiting Rio... gah, I hope the march 19th prediction is wrong

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
HAH! speaking of which, guess what I just found

Clearly this is all business and no pleasure, right? Atleast his WHOLE family is there with him... looks like we all might really be screwed this time.

Source:
nation.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is only 1 truth in the world and that is " Your government can not lie to its people" Barry, I'm gonna laugh when you head for the hills....lol...If I was there I would keep you from getting there even if it ment my death....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Japan is teling its people Not to panik to.
and you dont even even need to move.
the dieing old peoples home will tell you its ok...(10k)

do you know obama has a TV studion in HIS bunnker.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i have yet to see any better evidence than these words from Barry the Usurper that we on the west coast should all be terrified and stockpiling KI and taping windows or evacuating

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
At least he's not calling on Americans to all head for California for a deep breathing National marathon. He told everyone to come to the Gulf and swim in the corexit and oil.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can't stand Obama, but what he is saying is correct. The U.S. is NOT at serious threat from the Japan radiation, that's all he's saying. The biggest downfall of this site is the people who aren't happy with ANYTHING said. If Obama told us to get ready for the radiation, people here would start yelling "FEAR MONGERING!!!!" Now that he's not, he "DOESN'T CARE!!!" Chill out, we shouldn't be in panic mode right now.
edit on 18-3-2011 by 11Capone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Obama's a #ing worm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join