It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sorry for the absence, ATS. Things have been very busy over here for me.

General Conditions: It's a beautiful day in Tokyo with the cherry blossoms near peak. The situation has not changed materially in Tokyo, so I am provisionally calling this city "stabilized" from an urban-unrest-potential perspective. Don't get me wrong: things are still off-kilter, in every sense of the word, but they don't seem to be getting worse. Of course, this could change at any time, particularly if something dramatic happens. If that's the case, rest assured you will here from me.

Radiation: I've been getting nice low-normal readings in the 0.10-0.30 uSv/h range. More importantly, perhaps, these synch up with both the independent readings and the government readings coming out of Tokyo. So I won't bother posting geiger readings unless they differ significantly from the readings provided from these two sources. I'll keep my eye on the situation.

Below is a projection that doesn't look too happy for Tokyo and most of Japan, not to mention the beautiful country of Korea. I predict a 70% chance that the coming day (as predicted below) brings no serious change to life in Japan, and a 30% chance that all hell breaks loose. For men of a certain disposition, those are betting odds, so I'll be above surface for most of the time. Even if they weren't, I've still got too much to do to spend time cowering in antiseptic luxury under a veritable mountain of steel, lead, and concrete, tempting as the prospect may be.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27f83e6776a5.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 4/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join