It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider could be world’s first time machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
example: No don't do it, she is crazy!!!!

x 100!

Oh, same here, man. I can think of hundreds of things I'd have told myself. But I doubt I'd have listened to even myself. Especially when it came to women. Beautiful mistakes...dangerous, downright evil some of 'em, but beautiful mistakes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

Yeah, definitely. They mentioned in the article, that according to their theory, they could send those particles/messages in the past as well as the future. But again, which past or which future is a mystery, if we are to consider different/alternate dimensions and all.

What if...time is both linear and circular? I know it sounds impossible, but it's hard to express my idea here. I mean to say...what if time possesses both linear and circular properties, maybe in short bursts, or maybe simultaneously...as in, what if "time" is something completely different than what we assume it to be?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Quite possible, yeah! Especially to be an "observer" like you said.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Dont know if its the first but they are busy! Singlets

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's official:science has gotten completely out of hand.
Anyone agree?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

I read a (fiction) book years ago a particle that can travel into the past and future that can carry messages. (Tachyons) .This was set in Oxford/Cambridge England written in 1980 and was set in the future, (1999) and the past (1963), and this future 1999 was full of Political, Economic and Environmental woes and this future scientist was trying to send a message to his younger student self 36 years earlier.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join