It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider could be world’s first time machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

One of the major goals of the collider is to find the elusive Higgs boson: the particle that physicists invoke to explain why particles like protons, neutrons and electrons have mass. If the collider succeeds in producing the Higgs boson, some scientists predict that it will create a second particle, called the Higgs singlet, at the same time. According to Weiler and Ho’s theory, these singlets should have the ability to jump into an extra, fifth dimension where they can move either forward or backward in time and reappear in the future or past.

Source

Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgeable in this field, so I cannot offer any useful input. But I thought this was a very interesting piece of information that warranted more exposure, and discussion.

In fact, my simpleton mind found this following bit from the article confusing, so I'll throw in my query here, too.

“One of the attractive things about this approach to time travel is that it avoids all the big paradoxes,” Weiler said. “Because time travel is limited to these special particles, it is not possible for a man to travel back in time and murder one of his parents before he himself is born, for example. However, if scientists could control the production of Higgs singlets, they might be able to send messages to the past or future.”

Wouldn't even messages directly or indirectly affect the past/future and create paradoxes?

That being said, if we assume this theory to be viable, one can only wonder, if this has already been experimented. What if...this has been achieved successfully in the future, and we are getting such messages today?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
One question which i don't think can ever be answered. Has the future happened yet? Is the world we live in now "Real time"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If that were true, wouldn't we have gotten the messages already, lol?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Nice find, thank you.

Large Hadron Collider could be world’s last machine too, who knows what those mad scientists are up to.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

One of the major goals of the collider is to find the elusive Higgs boson: the particle that physicists invoke to explain why particles like protons, neutrons and electrons have mass. If the collider succeeds in producing the Higgs boson, some scientists predict that it will create a second particle, called the Higgs singlet, at the same time. According to Weiler and Ho’s theory, these singlets should have the ability to jump into an extra, fifth dimension where they can move either forward or backward in time and reappear in the future or past.

Source

Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgeable in this field, so I cannot offer any useful input. But I thought this was a very interesting piece of information that warranted more exposure, and discussion.

In fact, my simpleton mind found this following bit from the article confusing, so I'll throw in my query here, too.

“One of the attractive things about this approach to time travel is that it avoids all the big paradoxes,” Weiler said. “Because time travel is limited to these special particles, it is not possible for a man to travel back in time and murder one of his parents before he himself is born, for example. However, if scientists could control the production of Higgs singlets, they might be able to send messages to the past or future.”

Wouldn't even messages directly or indirectly affect the past/future and create paradoxes?

That being said, if we assume this theory to be viable, one can only wonder, if this has already been experimented. What if...this has been achieved successfully in the future, and we are getting such messages today?

Like Illuminati Cardgame...????

Peace,
ekiusa

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is truely amazing! Well i do believe a simple message can change the outcome of tommorow imagine if this technology falls under the wrong hands! They can send a message to Hitler saying dont invade Russia, and he would conquer the west.
I wonder how does this new particle actually works. . . would it only be inaminite objects? If this is true then it would be a start to send humans.

"Beam Me Up, Scotty!"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
One question which i don't think can ever be answered. Has the future happened yet? Is the world we live in now "Real time"

You said it. I don't think it can really be answered.

I always found the idea of "time" fascinating. Who was the person who said something like...time as a constant entity is an illusion. Past-present-future all are all happening in one instantaneous moment of existence....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Good post, thanks

It is a very interesting discussion to engage in as (unless time travel is ever actually achieved) we will never know if it is possible or not as all the theorising in the world proves nothing - yet everyone has a theory or view point

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

There is this theory that dates back from the Mayan time declaring that time doesnt run as a line, but in cycles and everything repeats itself after every era. This theory supports the ability to time travel. If we were stuck in a time line once something is done there is no turning back.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
If that were true, wouldn't we have gotten the messages already, lol?

True. But hey, you never know! Maybe we are getting messages. By "we" I mean those in power...or those who need to get specific messages.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Maybe they have been received many hundreds of years ago and that is when/how the Illuminati started?

Just a thought!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Nice find, thank you.

Large Hadron Collider could be world’s last machine too, who knows what those mad scientists are up to.

S&F

You're welcome.

Only TIME will tell.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

I'm not exactly sure what Illuminati card-game is. I think I read something here on ATS about earthquake/tsunami prediction by using that....?
You never know; it's probable. Those in power do withhold information from the public. So who knows what all that is considered "science-fiction" is really fiction...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HeldHostage14

Truly fascinating. And yeah, in the wrong hands, this could be the mother of all weapons.

I wish I could use this technology, and save myself from my ex. And more importantly, my ex mother-in-law. :|

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

You're welcome, my friend.

And this is true. It's just a theory. Or at least that's what they're telling us right now. *vintage spooky music*

And again, so many questions can arise here. How far back/ahead can we travel? Can we receive messages as well? How safe is it to play with the fifth dimension? What if there are more than one "time"s and even if we don't create paradoxes in one time-line, we are doing so in others....(alternate dimensions, I guess)...?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I know this is for more important stuff, but imagine if you could send yourself a not from the future. I know a few notes I would send myself in the past......

example: No don't do it, she is crazy!!!!

example #2: Drugs are bad!!!!

I think if I told myself those things, maybe I would of listened....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Something i do not understand about all of this... i read this else where too..
If we can travel into the past, doesn't it also imply we can travel into the future?

Of course assuming our life style is dependent and formed based on a linear time line...

Or does it mean that since we have reached t his stage of humanity, the path till now is going to be linear since the other choices are no longer accessible?

Time travel is surely a reality, not sure if the collider is t he way through it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

The first thing that springs to mind is the increasing sightings of UFO's that appear to be balls of light or energy of some uncommon sorts.
I mean, if they're not allegedly making crop circles with cryptic messages(!!) contained within, they otherwise could be easily mistaken as acting like observers (future historians?); come to witness a 'Historic Event' perhaps!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

Originally posted by Arrius

Source

Like Illuminati Cardgame...????

Peace,
ekiusa

I was just gona say that. They are eerily accurate it seems. And good post OP. Ive always thought time travel to be an interesting subject, as most do I am sure. S+F

Deebo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Not exactly. Future means it hasn't happened but in relation with the present. So yes the future I believe can already have happened but as we live in the present and do not control time I think it is not possible until we find the key.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join