It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese workers successfully connect power cable to crippled reactor‎

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They are going to use new external pumps tied into the emergency system. They were talking about it earlier so they don't have to get the plants controls working. Problem cured

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Chernobyl disaster

The fire was extinguished by a combined effort of helicopters dropping over 5,000 metric tons of sand, lead, clay, and boron onto the burning reactor and injection of liquid nitrogen. By December 1986 a large concrete sarcophagus had been erected, to seal off the reactor and its contents.

If it has been done before, it can be done again. I also have to believe in what one of the brightest minds today knows what he is suggesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i would also like to remind everyone about some other optimistic news they have been and still are reporting to be tru. that is that there is no rads in tokyo. well that is a load of hogwash also. how did the passengers from tokyo get contaminated? tthey had enough on them to make the airport sensors go off.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

they better get the 500 troops charging in like russia had to do also.www.youtube.com... 2

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If all the constructional parts in the container
are damaged and they can pump water in with
pumps instead of heli's maybe that will just make everything be
OK.?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They have months of work ahead to return the plants systems but external systems should handle it without problems

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Update which I don't know if it has been emphasized...

What sources say Diesel Generators
are sending power to units 5, 6, at fukushima nuclear plant..

I think the disaster may be over soon if this works..

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You still have 2 and 4 which are the worst of the bunch.
IMO this is just going to slow down the time to complete disaster.
I'm not trying to be negative or put fear into the situation. But I think that this is a little too late.
All those men are being exposed to radiation while doing this. They are getting 1 years worth in 1 hour, every hour they are there. That's how much they are being exposed to. Not good.

There is no doubt though that these guys are heroes for what they are trying to do. regardless if it works or not.
edit on 3/17/2011 by SMR because: cant tell you

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Your local says\
I sure hope this does not get anywhere near you guys..

Yes I care about them connecting this power and hopefully
bringing this disaster to an end but I feel for my fellow American
just as much as the people in Japan.

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not really worried at this point in time.
I fear more for my daughter who is at school in S. Korea.
At this point, the only thing that would make me start digging a hole and hiding in it is if one or more of those plants, blew sky high. That means all reactors.

I am more concerned for those in Japan right now being exposed to all of that radiation.
I am fine right now. I wish they were.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They also need the power for the control boards and other functions. Getting a pump going would be a miracle, but i think they are more concerned on getting the boards up and running.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join