It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Horowitz speaking at Brooklyn college.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already, been looking all day and haven't seen it. I came across this video of Mr. Horowitz speaking at Brooklyn College yesterday and was shocked at not only what he had to say but the way he handled questions from students who didn't agree with him.

I've only heard of Mr. Horowitz once because of some stunt he pulled over at FOX News and I don't remember what it was. After seeing this video I wanted to find out more about him. I did a search on GOOGLE and the first 25 hits either were links to the David Horowitz Freedom Center, supporters of the David Horowits Freedom Center or bloggers who post on The David Horowitz Freedom Center website. The 26th hit was a page that featured an ad by Mr. Horowitz saying that Obama was going to bring about the second holocaust. The first reply called BS on the ad, the second refuted the first and then comments were closed.

After sifting through two and a half more pages that were linked exactly like the first two and a half pages
I hit this:

rightweb.irc-online.org...

And then a lot more of the same, and eventually I quit looking

I did , however do alot of reading at his website for the Freedom Center and saw that he Pioneered the Student Bill of Rights and has sold it to over 200 universities under the premise that you can't get a quality education if you are only taught half the truth. His speech on the above video looks pretty one sided to me.

Anyways, does anyone know more about this guy. I would really like every ones view on this guy from both sides.

edit on 17-3-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: figured out how to embed

edit on 17-3-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Man this dude is a major divider and trouble-maker IMO, not to mention hypocrite too!
At many of his lectures, he has armed guards, so to me that means he is either speaking too much truth or blatant and destructive lies, and after reading up on him, I am convinced he is dangerous, and watching his mannerisms and pseudo-assertive assuredness, I am only further convinced of his malevolence. Again, this is just my opinion.

peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yeah I noticed the Hired Goons coming in at the end of the video. Great Find on the video! I would love to see the unedited stuff.

Full Video

edit on 17-3-2011 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Yeah, i'd love to see the full version as well. I can't believe he was invited to speak there and talk this kind of trash, and worse yet paid for it. But like I said in my opening post, I want to know more about this "man" he is obviously very influential. If there is a pro Horowitz advocate out there I welcome their input.

edit on 17-3-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: grammar

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KicknAndScreamin

Just found it... posted above

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think this is the full vid:

Here are a few more recent jewels too:
David Debates Sunhail Khan

Duke University Speech 2 weeks ago

Speech On Muslim Brotherhood

I think every speaker tells some truth and fact, but then some take it over the top which indicates agenda to me.
I can't watch the dude because I get all angry, I already know how I feel about him.....

spec

ETA: ATSMediaPro - we just experienced synchronicity, I believe, in posting the full vid...kudos
edit on 17-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Horowitz is an ex-Lefty of the '60s--back in my day. He used to be anti-war, anti-interventionist, anti-Vietnam; editor at Ramparts magazine, and so forth and so on. Big-time Lefty/Liberal.

Anyway, something happened. It had to do with the Black Panthers and Huey Newton. It's commonly "known" that they murdered someone he had recommended to work for them as a bookkeeper. She just knew too much and they executed her. No one was ever even charged, as I recall.

At some point he went over to the Right. Hasn't been the same since. I haven't seen or thought much of him for many years; these videos are a bit of a surprise to me, though. Evidently shifting right somehow f----d with his mind. He used to be a very reasoned speaker and writer.

Hm. I guess people change.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Here is some excerpts and thoughts from David that explain his converting from left to right. Again, although there may be some kernels of truth and examination, one cannot go all the way to opposite extreme and think they are right about it all. I can objectively see and agree with some of his perspectives, but the "tyranny of the or" is in play here imo, in that an "either or" situation is inaccurate and unfair, and to shout from the fringes of one's party and point fingers and blame the other for everything that is wrong in today's world, is even more dangerous. And a racist claiming racism is just classic here!

Book: Left Illusions
www.irawhite.net...

spec
edit on 17-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When the guy started shouting 30 seconds into his speech you knew he was full of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I remember this guy, He used to have a show called, "Fight back with David Horowitz".

"Consumer advocate David Horowitz takes on big business as he urges consumers to stand up for themselves against shoddy products, poor service and unfair practices. Regular features included exposing scams, testing advertising claims, and product comparisons."

The only reason I knew about him was because he came to Pep Boys to do a segment on a new product that would allow you to change your oil, or rather suck the oil out of your crankcase through the dipstick tube, and I was the one they (Pep Boys) picked to do the talking on camera, I just remember being very nervous and missed my line the first time.

I beleive this was back in 84 or 85, I started working there in 83.

I had no idea this guy was still around.

Thats my only memory of him, funny this came up on ATS though.

Peace

(edit) here's a link,
www.imdb.com...

edit on 17-3-2011 by FutureThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Different David Horowitz. That's David Horowitz the sellout. He's the guy who took $100,000 from the big utilities to use the people's trust in him to oppose an energy-rate-reduction initiative back in 1998.

Consumer Watchdog

Century City, CA-- Angry consumers delivered a "Notice of Dismissal" to former TV personality, David Horowitz through his manager today. The consumers, angered by Horowitz' appearance on anti-Prop 9 advertisements and a 30 minute informercial attacking Prop. 9 -- the consumer backed electricity rate reduction initiative -- prepared and delivered a certificate for Horowitz which announced that they have fired him as a consumer advocate.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for that link. I read most of it and will finish it later. He's still intellectually sharp, I have to say. And the way he builds point upon point makes it almost difficult to disagree with him. And yet I still do.

On the other hand, I can see why he drifted so far rightward. You know, in the end, it still comes down to personal belief in your causes.

top topics

join