It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Earthquakes!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Look at RSOE right now and look at how many earthquakes 2.0 and biger are happening. hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I love that sight, but they do happen there all the time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah but these are in Washington and idaho also. and they have all happened today. I havn't seen it like this in along time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
2.0 is not too much to be worried about

but good eyes, let us know if somethings triggered or they increase in magnitude for sure!

link   
Not to derail this,
but how come the tremors/quakes in the New Madrid area hardly ever show on this map?

BTW: anyone see the nuclear event in Canada?

edit on 16-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
Look at RSOE right now and look at how many earthquakes 2.0 and biger are happening. hisz.rsoe.hu...

In terms of energy release a 2.0 is really nothing. It is like an early bomb blast. Although 2 minutes ago California had a quake, the magnitude which hasn't been determined yet.

link   
reply to post by badgerman24

I see, is it along the same fault line?

*EDIT* Okay I did not notice the fault lines were within the map

edit on 3/16/2011 by LoveSoldier because: Fixing a little mistake

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
download eq3d and look at the globe for the last 7 days if u r interested in an eye opening look at the quakes around the globe.by the way not all pertinent quake material or volcanic activity is listed.carpenter44

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveSoldier

I'm not sure they are just kinda scatered around from wash, cal, idaho, nev, and arizona. Plus the was one in ontario. and 2.0 is the smallest most seem around 2.5

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

i did see that one in Canada. The water is leaking from the cooling pool i think i saw.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Im in canada, what are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

yeah, I think there was a thread or two about it... I only found 1 that I read though. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They may all range from a 2.0 to a 2.5 but they seem to be occurring at about the same depth. Not sure if if that's cause for alarm or not. Maybe TA will come in and take a look at what's going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree 2.0 is nothing really, although hit an egg gently, enough times, and you'll soon crack it! ha

In my opinion (and I know very little on the subject), the next big quake is going to hit Greece. That area is pummeled with tiny earthquakes every day, and recently they have been growing in magnitude. Also, seismic activity in the Italian region is growing.

Are my concerns justified, or is my limited knowledge blinding me from the bigger picture?

Regards,

DM

P.s - My heart goes out too anyone effected by the on going disasters in Japan.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
BTW: anyone see the nuclear event in Canada?

It's not an "event", it's a leak in a pump seal.

toronto.ctv.ca...

The Ontario Power Generation notified the nuclear regulator late Monday evening that there was a release of about 73,000 litres of demineralized water at the Pickering A nuclear generating station earlier that day. OPG confirmed the leak Wednesday afternoon, adding that the leak has been stopped and the faulty pump seal is being replaced.

"There is a very big difference between what happens on the nuclear side, where the reactor is and the radiation is, and what happens in the non-nuclear side," Bliss said. "I'm told this is from the non-nuclear side."

On topic, the west coast is a shaky place. Let's just hope they stay small.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think we are all gonna get hit. I think the earth is changing, and no one will be left out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

It's just a matter of whos next and how bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What's with all these threads? 2.0 earthquake?

Start a thread when a 7.0 hits.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

Exactly right. If you can't see it your not looking. Earthquakes are through the roof in 2011. Japan is only the beginning.

I wonder what would be considered the safest places in the world? A mountain in Tibet? A cave somewhere in Russia? What do you think?
edit on 16-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: sounded like fear mongering, toned it down a notch

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to usgs

earthquake.usgs.gov...

looks like there's a small earthquake swarm happening.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join