It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Charged With Murder in Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

The US State DEpartment is saying that there was no blood money paid for his release. Apparently they continued the argument he had diplomatic immunity.

Time will tell us what happened at some point. Part of me wonders if back channel pressure was not brought to bear, reminding the Pakistan Government how diploimatic immunity works.

As far as his possible employment with the CIA, its irrelevant if the guy does have diplomatic immunity. The worse they could do in that case is to state the persons actions were inconsistent with being a diplomat, and ordered him out of the country.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. The family wasn't bribed (except maybe by the Pakistani government), the Pakistani government was bribed. Sure, they'll SAY no blood money was paid...but all of a sudden, some project that didn't have a chance in hell just got green-lighted the funds.

No way the g-spooks were going to let one of their own go down like that. My money is on this guy being a CIA Case Officer. (though I'm betting this also cost him quite a bit in the career advancement department).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder how much this yahoo cost the tax payers. I would love to see how much "blood money" he (we) ended up paying those families.

What a shame.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I don't know the credibility of Opinion Maker but here is their version of "The Inside Story"

Inside Story

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
so are we conclusively saying that he wasn't acting in self defence? Does anyone know exactly what went off? Should he have let himself die? I don't think I would have if I was under threat.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Greetings,

The two men killed were on motorcycles and had brandished machine guns. I believe they fires some rounds.

That being the case how could some of you say he murdered these two assassins.

This is the same logic the Pakistani government used.

I'm beginning to believe there's something in the water over there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

A Pakistan court on Wednesday freed a CIA contractor accused of double murder after $US2 million ($2.02 million) in blood money was paid to the families of the dead, ending a damaging row with the United States.

Raymond Davis, remanded in jail since he shot dead two men in Lahore on January 27, said he acted in self-defence and has been backed by US authorities, who said he was an embassy employee with full diplomatic immunity.

The incident sparked protests and ruptured fragile ties between the United States and Islamabad, which had been under domestic pressure to stand up to its superpower ally and try Davis for murder.

Sydney Morning Herald

So US tax payers saved Davis by paying more than $2mil?

I wonder how much the corrupt pakistani politicians got paid to speed up the process?

In poor nations there is no justice, money is justice itself.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
So why was this guy so important that he was saved?

Probably not important (if he was that important he wouldn't have been sent), more likely useful.

The whole situation sounds really dodgy for all the wrong reasons.

Sad

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Remember this incident!

When a dirty bomb goes off on US soil.
Remember the CIA and your elected Government.

It will usually happen as always,
when a problem is needed,
to pass another bill thru the senate,
for more military spending and less freedom for the citizens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join