It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Information on the results of the participation, data and email reports will take some time to tabilate. At this time except for one 4.4 magnitude quake off the coast of Oregon, our thoughts are that not much happened with regards to Earthquakes that would be considered a "Prediction Hit" in this window proclaimed by Mr. Berkland.

Although were no where near being able to calculate all the animal data yet, the general 'tone' by the posters in this thread (and participants that emailed data) is that about 80% (+ - 5%), believe that there is something to the theory that some animals can be a indicator to some form of seismic activity.

A small amount of participants/posters (no 'true' percentage available at this time), believe that humans also "may" be "sensitive" to seismic activity before it occurs. Effects associated with these proclamations included, muscular aches, eye twitches, loss of equilibrium, dizziness, nausea, headaches, stomach problems to name a few.

It will take some time to glean all the information and data that was reported by email, u2u's and personal posts. We will probably add to this thread at a later date when everything gets analyzed.

Here are the animations starting on the 18th through the 26th
Unfortunately because of the sizes (between 237kb, 800kb, 311kb), it was necessary for these to be made available as downloads. In order to view, you must download the gif animations onto your pc.

USA
Download Animation of USA 18th through the 26th

Washington & Oregon
Download Animation of Washington/Oregon 18 - 26th

California
Download Animation of California 18th - 26th

I want to thank everyone once again for stepping forward with your personal experiences and also in the helping in the collecting of information and data for the little experiment.

edit on 3/27/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
March 27. The window is closed. Jim Berkland is a crackpot.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigo_fleshlight
March 27. The window is closed. Jim Berkland is a crackpot.

Did you read what he actually predicted?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo_fleshlight

Actually he's a geologist. I give him credit for continuing to try to find a way to predict earthquakes. At least he puts it out there with no never mind to the sceptics of this world. Will he take flack for no huge earthquake happening "oh yes". Will he continue to try an warn of others "oh yes". For I think the character of the man knows he's on to something and knows he will continue to try. Remember he predicted the Nothside one as well, and it came a day after his window closed. I'm totally glad we had no big quake, but it will happen one day, I hope someone can warn people and them take it seriously. Being from Florida, to many times people didn't take the next hurricane coming seriously and lost their life because of it. I hope he keeps trying.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

Hurricanes can be seen coming. Their path can pretty well predicted.

"Syzygy" is not useful in predicting earthquakes. Berkland's method doesn't work. Gosh, he got one sort of right. Make enough predictions and you're bound to get it right because there are so many earthquakes.

How does predicting a 7+ somewhere in the Pacific help anyone? Are the millions of people involved supposed to move? Where to? He needs to look for another method.
edit on 3/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So True

The only true predictors in this world are Weathermen. Their 100% right all the time. Predict a 10% chance of rain, It don't rain, "Well I said 10% that's a 90% chance it wouldn't" Predict a 90% chance of rain, it don't, "Well there was always that 10%. Predict a 50% chance, "Well you get the picture.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Mr. berkland is pretty accurate @75% he claims..Btw he predicted the northridge quake down south ca and was 2 days off i believe.....Thats pretty high if you ask me....This was posted on his forum for prediction for last month......

Results for Feb./Predictions for March

LAST MONTH’S PREDICTIONS
The Seismic Window of February 16-23, 2011 was most memorable, even though it did not include one of the unusually high numbers of five Perigean Spring Tides for the year.
That will arrive in this month of March.
(1) My NorCal prediction for at least one quake within a 140 mile radius from Mt. Diablo was a 100% hit on Feb. 22nd with a 4.1-4.3M quake near Lake Pillsbury
A 3.4M near Half Moon Bay on Feb. 25 was two days late and 0.1M low for a score of .80 x.90 = 72%. On Feb 21 there was a 3.2M Parkfield quake that scored 70%. A 3.2M near Tres Pinos on Feb 18 also scored 70%.

(2) My SoCal prediction for a 3.5+M event within 140 miles of L.A. scored 100% when a 3.9M quake hit near Lake Elsinore on Feb. 20th. Less than one minute later was a 4.5M quake in Baja California just 200 miles south of L.A., beyond scoring.range. A 3.5M near Coso Junction on Feb. 24 was a day late for a score of 90%. On Feb. 18, 2011 a moderate earthquake of 5.1M hit 44 miles SSE of Calexico, 211 miles south of Los Angeles and too distant to score.

(3) On February 14, 2011 there was a quake of 4.3M off the coast of Oregon for a score of 80%, as it was two days early.

(4) The strongest quake in the world since January was the 6.8M off Bio Bio, Chile on February 11, 2011. This was followed by an aftershock of 6.1 in the same area on Feb. 13th. On Feb. 12th there was another strong quake of 6.1M near the Tonga Islands. Near Maule, Chile a 6.6M quake hit offshore on Feb. 13th, followed by a 6.1M in Indonesia of Feb. 13th. These quakes became insignificant in comparison with the 6.3M Christchurch “aftershock” on February 14th that followed the 7.1M main event of last September 4th, (These quakes in the Ring of Fire were described in detail earlier in this newsletter, but no predicted “major” earthquake occurred in February. (Score zero.)
Summary: 100+100+80 + 00 = 280/4 =70% score for February 2011.

Of special mention were the hundreds of felt earthquakes in central Arkansas over the past two months, including the maximum of 4.7M on February 27th. I am convinced that these quakes were the direct result of deep drilling for gas and hydro-fracturing of the rock in the area of central Arkansas. Denials by scientists and commercial interests regarding this obvious relationship are ridiculous.

MARCH 19-26, 2011 PREDICTIONS
The extremely clear March window has a 90% chance of producing the following quakes: with at least one meeting each of the following criteria:
(1) 3.5-7.0M within 140 miles of Mt. Diablo
(2) 3.5-7.0M within 140 miles of Los Angeles.
(3) 3.5-7.0M with an epicenter located in Washington or Oregon.
(4) 7.0+M major quake globally, probably in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWillPrevail

I have to disagree.....Our weathermen in the US are NOT 100% accurate......I cant tell you how many times they have called for rain and it didn't or that it would not rain and it DID.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

1) There has been an average of 4 such quakes a month since 1973. Nothing extraordinary about his "prediction".

2) There has been an average of 3 such quakes a month since 1973. Nothing extraordinary about his "prediction".

3) I can't find his original prediction for this time period but one for March clearly states that the epicenter would be in Washington or Oregon, not offshore. There has been an average of .75 such quakes a month since 1973

4) There have been an average of 0.7 such quakes a month since 1973.

How does he come up with those percentages? Oh, I see. He puts a fudge factor on his fudge factor. It seems he gone none of them right for March. Should be interesting to see how he scores himself.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

When or if a big earthquake ever hit California, We will all know at the same time. I fail to see the need to try to hurry it along with predictions. Would you want to know the hour of your death?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE

I am very glad others do not share your belief. If they did, we would not have the advancements in technology that have helped to provide early warnings for earthquake, volcano, tornado and tsunami danger, either. Fact is, every bit of forewarning we can get, will potentially help save lives.

edit on 27-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In my opinion, predicting an earthquake of at least 3.5 during any given period for any 140 mile radial area of California is like me saying my neck (I have a bulging disc that is chronically painful radiating down the trap on the left side) will hurt at some point in the immediate vicinity of my left trap, at some point during the day, for at least one minute. I would have a high rate of accuracy with that prediction, too.

As I said earlier in this topic though, it’s always good to use anything that raises your awareness of how precarious your seismic situation may be to inspire greater preparedness, regardless of the scientific validity of these sorts of predictions. If it convinced some people to prepare (not panic, but prepare,) then at least that’s some good that can come out of it.

SMR

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mesle123

How does predicting a 7+ somewhere in the Pacific help anyone? Are the millions of people involved supposed to move? Where to? He needs to look for another method.

For someone who has much respect from many users on this forum, I cant believe you said that.
ANY type of warning is helpful with man made or natural disasters to come.
Perhaps he is totally wrong with his prediction, but it may well have opened up some eyes who normally do not pay attention to this sort of stuff. Maybe seeing him on the news with this prediction got people to prepare, regardless if he was right or wrong.
I for one think he may have had a helping hand in at least getting people to prepare earthquake kits and plans in case of a major quake.
I for one thank him for doing so. It made me take a look at my BoB and update it a little because I know that one day I just may need it to survive and keep my family safe.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Awareness is great. Being prepared is better.

We know what happens when "Wolf!" is cried.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IMO Berkland has a pretty good theory but has a few elements missing. I believe that sunspot and solar activity are also involved in this. Have a look at the below thread to see my theory, still working on it though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to spaceweather in case anyone else wants to check it out.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IMO Berkland has a pretty good theory but has a few elements missing. I believe that sunspot and solar activity are also involved in this. Have a look at the below thread to see my theory, still working on it though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to spaceweather in case anyone else wants to check it out.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

These "predictions" just add to the noise and will only increase complacency in people. Someday, an earthquake, a big one, will come...but no one will listen because the predictions have been wrong so many times before. Look how many people experienced psychosomatic reactions to these predictions that just never panned out? Many people are highly suggestible, many are easily panicked. False, unfounded predictions are more dangerous than silence.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Very important. Read and relax a little. Stay prepared however!

news.yahoo.com...

SMR

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's a simple prediction. It's not like he is running out into the streets telling everyone the sky is falling.
People see him suggesting that there "could be" a large quake in an area that hasn't had one in some time and people will take the blurb as awareness to prepare "just in case"

He's not crying wolf in any way. Far from it. He's just suggesting that the wolf could show up and to watch out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Exactly,i like how you said this!...

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join