It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Europe want to shut down its reactors ASAP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Europe has a long and complex history of seismic activity. The convergence of the Eurasian and African plates across the Mediterranean has resulted in a wide zone of collision tectonics and the formation of smaller microplates along the plate boundary zone. Seismic activity generally decreases northward away from the Mediterranean region through the Alps. North of the Alps, within the interior of the Eurasian plate, earthquakes are associated with several slowly deforming rift zones created by extensional forces.

www.rms.com...

You can bet your dollar if the reactors in Japan weren't Earthquake proof in a Earthquake region themselves, what do you think the chances are these European Reactors that are built on major faults have any themselves? Sellafield, Dungeness, most of mainland Europe is made and build-up along fault-lines which are constantly on the move and under stress from the African/Eurasian plate colliding together. I think the realisation of what happened in Japan (and the logistical costs of Earthquake-Proofing all these Units) has finally hit them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Aren't you the one who said the answer to the disaster in Japan was to "nuke it"??

"For that reason alone... I'm out!"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I feel sorry for your ignorance.

For anyone who is interested in THIS thread. You may remember these events...
Magnitude 3.7 quake near Sellafield 28 April 2009, 3.5 quake near Sellafield again on 22 Dec 2010.
Magnitude 3.0 near Folkestone 3 March 2009, near Dungeness
Magnitude 4.3 Dover Straights 28 April 2007, near Dungeness
Magnitude 4.4 Koblenz (Germany) 14 February 2011
Magnitude 5.3 near Roermond (Germany), Roermond

And these are just a handful that have occurred in Europe. Plenty to find around Poland, the Eastern Europe region etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
Aren't you the one who said the answer to the disaster in Japan was to "nuke it"??

And he'll probably come saying the answer to that is to nuke Europe.

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer"For that reason alone... I'm out!"

Hold that door please!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

The nearest plate boundary to England is probably the mid-Atlantic ridge, where both plates are moving away from each other, forming new land (ocean floor*)

This explains why Britain gets earthquakes. I always thought that they were reverberations from other earthquakes

Why we get earthquakes

There is no chance of us getting a very severe earthquake, the likes of which we have just seen in Japan. A 3 pointer is nothing to write home about.

edit on 16/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
I feel sorry for your ignorance.

For anyone who is interested in THIS thread. You may remember these events...
Magnitude 3.7 quake near Sellafield 28 April 2009, 3.5 quake near Sellafield again on 22 Dec 2010.
Magnitude 3.0 near Folkestone 3 March 2009, near Dungeness
Magnitude 4.3 Dover Straights 28 April 2007, near Dungeness
Magnitude 4.4 Koblenz (Germany) 14 February 2011
Magnitude 5.3 near Roermond (Germany), Roermond

And these are just a handful that have occurred in Europe. Plenty to find around Poland, the Eastern Europe region etc.

Magnitude 5.3 near Roermond (Germany), Roermond (That is in the Netherlands)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Could anyone take a look at this please, what is going on right now? I can't make a thread yet.

cl.ly...

Link to site
www.meteox.nl...

What is this?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer

"For that reason alone... I'm out!"

If you're gonna be a joker, at least link the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP, I'm pretty sure I read that it was just to check "failsafe" systems as the plants were from the same era/design as Japans...a smart move

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Circular interference patterns on radar screen happen all ofver the palce - www.news.com.au... - as hte article says, conspiracy theorists go ga-ga over them!

Hdere's another blog comment - www.colinandrews.net...

If you search for "radar circles" you'll get sutably swamped with hits - mostly peole blaming it all on HAARP of course.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
well good to know it is something known, i never saw anything like it but ill do some reading on it.

Giant donuts (=

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Watch out for giant policemen!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think the mix of seismic and nuclear is a NO GO, and its obviously part of their reasoning. I don't believe anyone has the right to have a nuclear power plant.

Geothermal, wave/wind/tide!

All plants need to be shut down.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join