It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER FIRE Just broke out @ Reactor 4 CNN news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Cnn just reported another breaking news of another fire breaking out at reactor 4. This is just getting uglier and uglier. I will see if cnn.com has a link about it as I just heard it on the news

eta: they arent showing anything yet, perhaps somewhere else? I just know Wolf Blitzer just reported it
edit on 15-3-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

eta: they are saying it is in the northeast corner of the reactor 4 building. Just trying to report what Im hearing from the tv.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's all over Sky News in the UK.

"2153: Flames are rising from the reactor, AP reports.
2152: AFP is reporting a new fire at the number four reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant
edit on 15/3/2011 by DisbeIief because: (no reason given)

news.sky.com... rld_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15952984_VIDEO%3A_Nuclear_Incident_Increases_Radiation_Has_Leaked_From_Fukushima_Plant

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
..but everything is under control!

line number two.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yes indeed Sky news is reporting it online

LINK

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service

it updates every once and a while,
not sure if its out there but anyway it has some good and current information.
check Situation Update.
edit on 15-3-2011 by m.red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by onehuman

Holy $hit. This is not good at all. I wish that we were able to get better more truthful information about this whole situation! Don't have internet where I'm working so its ATS mobile for a while

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

TOKYO (AP) - The operator of Japan's stricken Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant says a fire has broken out again at its No. 4 reactor unit. Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Hajimi Motujuku says the blaze erupted early Wednesday in the outer housing of the reactor's containment vessel. Fire fighters are trying to put out the flames. Japan's nuclear safety agency also confirmed the fire, whose cause was not immediately known

hosted.ap.org...

link   
Now they are saying this is a # 6 out of 7 .... disaster as far as nuclear disaster goes.

link   
It was also reported about a fire at another plant but nothing else since then!

Sometimes one of these second lines are just what's needed!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This has been confirmed but be careful
YOU MIGHT BE CALLED A FEAR MONGER
for telling people the grim reality of what is going on...

NO WORRIES anyone, don't panic, stay calm, the government
will take care of you.... Sure when your eye balls are falling out,
puking, hair falling out in clumps, teeth rotting out, RADIOACTIVE
particles in the air heading toward the pacific coast NO BIG DEAL

FEAR MONGER FEAR MONGER!!

on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

BBC News 10.15 PM The fuel rods in reactors 5 and 6 are heating up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

how many more do they need to explode? or how much radiation do they need to break contamination before they admit this is worse case and upgrade it to a 7? 2 weeks ago if you would have asked anyone if an explosion, fire and a radiation leak all happened at 1 nuclear plant would it be a worse case 7 scenario, and they would have said HELL YEAH, but now that there is one. nothing to see here, just move along. small radiation wont hurt you. ha-ha-ha-ha--but not funny ha-ha--crazy ha-ha.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The most we can do is pray for the Japanese people. May god have mercy upon their souls.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There's nothing but lies lies and more lies on the news right now. It's driving me crazy. I have a bad feeling about this quake/tsunami/nuclear situation in Japan. I feel like this may be a chain reaction of sorts and now there's no telling what's going to happen. I feel like mass confusion is taking place. We need truth.
edit on 15-3-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I cant imagine that it is left up to the same 50 guys left behind to deal with this are also the ones that have to fight the fires too are they? Which if they aren't means there are more people there putting their lives on the line. This getting out of control for a mere 50 people to try and deal with I think.

I have to say Im with the group that thought thinks we are NOT being told the whole truth. Sadly though, it is easy for me to say as I sit here all comfy in my house babbling away here. I really really feel for the people that are stuck there with no where to go.

One other thing I have been thinking about is just where and or what are they going to do with all they clean up? Do they even have enough land mass to handle that much destruction? Or will they just ship it off to other countries?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Speaking of these 50 people, just how long can they keep doing this without eventually becoming so tired or sick that they start making mistakes or whatever? They clearly need more man power there.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Someone on the MOX Thread said reactor number 4 has 800 rods there and that they're on fire. I didn't see a source though but if that's true...then...I just dunno....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Speaking of these 50 people, just how long can they keep doing this without eventually becoming so tired or sick that they start making mistakes or whatever? They clearly need more man power there.

You can trust that the Japanese workers will get in there and do the jobs that need to be do even if it is certain death. The same happened in the Soviet Union. I don't know the exactly number, but theSoviets didn't RISK their lives to do the necessary jobs, they GAVE their lives to save many others. Check out the fields of abandoned equipment there, trucks and 'copters that were too hot to ever use again. The drivers and pilots are long gone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Reports say that the fire in reactor 4 have gone out on their own

top topics

<<   2 >>

join