It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group to release video showing chickens at KFC supplier being kicked, stomped and thrown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
None of it surprises me and I have seen and heard so much other crap concerning the way our food source animals are treated. It's despicable! They have a right to be treated humanely. I truly believe what Mahatma Gandhi said,
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I seen the video and it's sickening.
I have purchased whole chickens in their own bags. Than when I went to open them found bruising, old black blood and some with broken legs. Now I'm beginning to wonder if this kind of abuse goes on more than we know.
I'm not a P.E.T.A. person either, but torturing animals is despicable.
I stopped eating at KFC when some guy in Vegas got sick off of eating green chicken there. I guess it was coated with their infamous chrispy coating mix and he hogged it down..... before he noticed the meat was green. Stop and think about it???? They can cover up alot with coating mixes. I also seen on television a thing on hamburger. They had hidden cameras in grocery stores meat departments. It showed them pulling the out-dated hamburger off the shelves. Than they wrapped the old burger with fresh hamburger and re-wrapped back up...... and put it right back out in the cooler for the customer to buy! How many times have you purchased (what you thought) was fresh hamburger.....Than when you go to cook it the meat inside is grayish? I don't eat hamburger at all! Not only that...they don't clean their grinding equipment very well either. That was on video too. YUCK!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The trick is to get to know your fish monger and butcher - I've had the luck of working in some of nicest restaurants in my town and I know the people who cut my meat and filet my fish...Tallahassee is a growing city and full of diplomats and filthy rich people, so I'm lucky to pretty much have the pick of the litter - but if you buy meat from people you don't know then you really start to take chances....Living in the south, I also know a lot of people who don't buy meat, they grow feed, disperse it, hunt and then slaughter their own deer, and that's almost all they eat - One of them is also a butcher at a Publix, which is our largest food market in Florida, and he's the only person I go to for meat other than my other sources....

I wouldn't be turned off just by one news story that happened to some poor fool who didn't look at the very food he was putting in his own mouth, but I would take precautions...say the occasional hello to your local butcher and try to make friends...you can not only save your health, but also your money!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Abuse of animals is not appropriate. Yes PETA has the right to raise this as an issue even if im not for their group. How many jobs are going to be lost at that chicken plant full of low education/wages workers in most likley a rural area? How many jobs will be affected at KFC? How many millions of meat eating citizens MUST have food to eat in order to survive?

Yes, our food production for animal products is less than humane in some respects, but it has to be efficient and reasonable safe enough to supply human needs first. Animal needs arent being considered because the plant isnt looking at 1 or 2 chickens, but thousands a day...all there to die.

Now a few bone heads have screwed their company and fellow employees
and PETA can help increase the cost of chicken as new regulations and requirement cost will get passed to us...do we feel beter now, not going to eat meat any more?

The idiots that were abusing the animals probably are high school educated at best...they make about minimum wage to work in a hot room, where cages of live chickens get dumped in front of them, so that they can grab the bird by the legs, flip him over (while the bird is crapping all over) and hang him by his feet in little leg cuffs on a moving overhead track.
sound like a fun job? Imagine the kind of person that would take such a job....do you expect alot of higher refinements?

Now tho, because of nimrods, a whole company of workers is jepordised, in an industry that will keep processing birds, some of which may become abused. Nothing has really changed except that PETA has scored a shock and awe victory.

Eat me PETA!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join