It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Powder at Kennedy Space Center tests positive for cocaine

page: 1
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Powder at Kennedy Space Center tests positive for coc aine
By Rich Phillips, CNN
March 15, 2011 12:57 p.m. EDT

Miami (CNN) -- NASA's Inspector General's Office says an investigation is under way after a white powdery substance found at the Kennedy Space Center tested positive for coc aine.

"Law enforcement personnel field tested the substance, which indicated a positive test for coc aine," said Renee Juhans, an executive officer with the office.

"The substance is now at an accredited crime lab for further testing," she said.

Juhans said that 4.2 grams of a white powdery substance was found in a NASA facility March 7. She could not confirm where, at the Kennedy Space Center, the drug was found.

"A NASA Office of Inspector General investigation is ongoing," she said.

NASA has a zero-tolerance drug policy. All employees may be randomly tested. It is not known whether any employees have been asked to submit to drug testing in this investigation.

"We have no further comment," Juhans said.

In January 2010, about 200 Kennedy Space Center workers were tested when a small bag of coc aine was found inside a space shuttle processing facility where Discovery was being readied for flight. That case was closed, and there were no arrests.


Source> www.cnn.com...





I've been thinking such a possibility for over two years now. NASA I think might have a huge drug abuse problem amongst its staff members.

Nice to feel more and more vindicated.
Everyone who I've mentioned this theory of mine to seem to think I was the one on drugs in the beginning. That's the way I perceived it anyway.

edit on 15-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)


Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 16/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: ext tags




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


Why is it such a big deal to people when this happens? No work environment is safe from drug addiction, what just because they are NASA it's different? Not to me anyway...

I knew about the bag they found last year because I have friends who had to be tested because it was found in their area. It sucks but NASA employees aren't impervious to drug abuse.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


Why is it such a big deal to people when this happens? No work environment is safe from drug addiction, what just because they are NASA it's different? Not to me anyway...

I knew about the bag they found last year because I have friends who had to be tested because it was found in their area. It sucks but NASA employees aren't impervious to drug abuse.


What's the big deal? LOL They launch rockets, and some are exposed to highly classified information. What if a Chinese agent blackmailed a NASA staff member over their addiction who has exposure to sensitive material?

Pardon the pun, but this is not rocket science figuring out why this is such a big deal.
edit on 15-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
PS And where did this investigation go which you have mentioned? www.timesonline.co.uk...


NO WHERE!


Maybe this time the investigation will pan out.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Give them a break

if you work around the clock to explore the universe
you deserve some good YAO!!!!!!

NASA ASTRONAUTS and Kennedy Space Center workers//

WINNING!!
edit on 15-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


Sorry I disagree, I see your point but drug abuse is STILL drug abuse. It doesn't matter where you work.

I just get a little annoyed with all the negative NASA talk, it's like you people hunt for things to post on them. Also are you sure it is a NASA employee? Do you know how many contractors are out there that have NOTHING to do with NASA or launching rockets or shuttles?




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


Sorry I disagree, I see your point but drug abuse is STILL drug abuse. It doesn't matter where you work.

I just get a little annoyed with all the negative NASA talk, it's like you people hunt for things to post on them. Also are you sure it is a NASA employee? Do you know how many contractors are out there that have NOTHING to do with NASA or launching rockets or shuttles?



Only time will tell. So lets wait and see as this latest investigation unfolds.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
They are all sitting around trying to appease muslims now instead of working on the shuttle. Snorting coke makes the day go by faster.


LOL that's hilarious!


You know I was yakking on the History.com message boards about possible widespread drug abuse at NASA starting about two years ago. I think the topic was about Lisa Nowak's behavior. Then posting about the subject off and on as these stories would arise from time to time. The feed back I got.... I was assuming too much along with suggestions that I was taking drugs bla bla bla.

Anyway, like I've said, it feels nice to be vindicated, or at least more and more as these stories come out.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


Why is it such a big deal to people when this happens? No work environment is safe from drug addiction, what just because they are NASA it's different? Not to me anyway...

Because it can also lead to rockets swirving off their course and hitting populated neighborhoods if the COKED up worker makes mistake during the assembly and preparation. Moreoever its the tax payers dollars that are wasted in BS projects which fail even despite spending billions. I know its just another work place but this is the pride and joy of the US space programs from the past, present and the future. This is one of the agencies which truely represent the capabilities of US as a nation. If we cannot control completely then atleast such agencies have all the right to have 0 tolerance for drug abuse.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Seems to me that if NASA allowed its employees to use salvia divinorium, they might get to the moon a lot quicker (and cheaper).


Hmm, or maybe they were working on a space ladder for the astronauts to climb up... and that's why they needed all that coke.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
They are all sitting around trying to appease muslims now instead of working on the shuttle. Snorting coke makes the day go by faster.


LOL that's hilarious!


You know I was yakking on the History.com message boards about possible widespread drug abuse at NASA starting about two years ago. I think the topic was about Lisa Nowak's behavior. Then posting about the subject off and on as these stories would arise from time to time. The feed back I got.... I was assuming too much along with suggestions that I was taking drugs bla bla bla.

Anyway, like I've said, it feels nice to be vindicated, or at least more and more as these stories come out.


Are NASA employees union? If so somebody is up for a raise!



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
They are all sitting around trying to appease muslims now instead of working on the shuttle. Snorting coke makes the day go by faster.


LOL that's hilarious!


You know I was yakking on the History.com message boards about possible widespread drug abuse at NASA starting about two years ago. I think the topic was about Lisa Nowak's behavior. Then posting about the subject off and on as these stories would arise from time to time. The feed back I got.... I was assuming too much along with suggestions that I was taking drugs bla bla bla.

Anyway, like I've said, it feels nice to be vindicated, or at least more and more as these stories come out.


Are NASA employees union? If so somebody is up for a raise!



Why, aren't they high enough?



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hospitals (for example) are full of drug/substance-abusing staff. We're talking doctors, nurses, you name it. Stressful environments will push people's limits.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Drugs are everywhere, i cant see why Never A Straight Answer thinks they are exempt from it? I bet a vast ammount of there budget goes to the dealer. I can picture that Grey alien poster smoking a spliff saying 'take me to your dealer' lol



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Imagine doing lines as the spaceship hits space... thats a real blast off, high.

I do not condone the use of drugs.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Hospitals (for example) are full of drug/substance-abusing staff. We're talking doctors, nurses, you name it. Stressful environments will push people's limits.


Successful environments? No, NASA is a government pork job reservoir for fraternally connected folks. The place where it takes a dozen PhD engineers to attach a single part while building a satellite. Successful environments would be for example where a surgeon works twelve hour plus shifts in a trauma one ER. Other examples would be at GE or ExxonMobile corporate executive offices, etc.

These people who are coked up all the time at NASA are over educated bums who don't really work for a living. People who could never survive for one minute in the real world without their lips being glued to the sow's tit. The sow is called the USG of course.

Successful environment my ass! Don't confuse the public image with reality.
edit on 15-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: missed punctuation



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Now's a great reason to rename the agency from NASA to NASAL... I'm make a parody out of Eric Clapton's song about this...

Naaa nanaaaa naaa naa naa naaaa space coc aine!!!



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It was probably these guys' stash...




So some science nerd likes a little blow? What's the big deal? At least they're not using a lime spreader to lay out their lines! It's not like they're around anything explosive, or are going to crash a satellite on our heads or blow up a space shu...er, um.... never mind. (what, too soon?)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join