It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powder at Kennedy Space Center tests positive for cocaine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Who needs a bunch of lab rats to conduct such an experiment when there are just as many if not more NASA employees available that can be utilized to successfully complete it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Hospitals (for example) are full of drug/substance-abusing staff. We're talking doctors, nurses, you name it. Stressful environments will push people's limits.

Successful environments? No, NASA is a government pork job reservoir for fraternally connected folks. The place where it takes a dozen PhD engineers to attach a single part while building a satellite. Successful environments would be for example where a surgeon works twelve hour plus shifts in a trauma one ER. Other examples would be at GE or ExxonMobile corporate executive offices, etc.

These people who are coked up all the time at NASA are over educated bums who don't really work for a living. People who could never survive for one minute in the real world without their lips being glued to the sow's tit. The sow is called the USG of course.

Successful environment my ass! Don't confuse the public image with reality.
edit on 15-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: missed punctuation

I said STRESSFUL, not "successful".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
They are all sitting around trying to appease muslims now instead of working on the shuttle. Snorting coke makes the day go by faster.

LOL that's hilarious!

You know I was yakking on the History.com message boards about possible widespread drug abuse at NASA starting about two years ago. I think the topic was about Lisa Nowak's behavior. Then posting about the subject off and on as these stories would arise from time to time. The feed back I got.... I was assuming too much along with suggestions that I was taking drugs bla bla bla.

Anyway, like I've said, it feels nice to be vindicated, or at least more and more as these stories come out.

Are NASA employees union? If so somebody is up for a raise!

Union or Not, I can tell they all have lot more money to spare for Drugs and are making more money than they deserve just like Charlie Sheen thats for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If I recall correctly, those fellas were doing "Plutonium Nyborg", not coke.
Been a while since I saw that flick, though, so I could be mistaken.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hospitals (for example) are full of drug/substance-abusing staff. We're talking doctors, nurses, you name it. Stressful environments will push people's limits.

Successful environments? No, NASA is a government pork job reservoir for fraternally connected folks. The place where it takes a dozen PhD engineers to attach a single part while building a satellite. Successful environments would be for example where a surgeon works twelve hour plus shifts in a trauma one ER. Other examples would be at GE or ExxonMobile corporate executive offices, etc.

These people who are coked up all the time at NASA are over educated bums who don't really work for a living. People who could never survive for one minute in the real world without their lips being glued to the sow's tit. The sow is called the USG of course.

That's what you meant to state originally I am sure. I simply used your original diction that's all. I see you were able to edit all of your posts switching successful to stressful without the edit showing up.

I have the original cut and paste of page one in my files btw. So I can prove you wrote successful originally.

Nice save attempt nonetheless.
edit on 16-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's what you meant to state originally I am sure. I simply used your original diction that's all. I see you were able to edit all of your posts switching successful to stressful without the edit showing up.

I have the original cut and paste of page one in my files btw. So I can prove you wrote successful originally.

Wow.... are you serious?
You're joking I hope. I can't tell if it's a veiled attempt at humor. If you're being funny, then: Lol!
edit on 16-3-2011 by 2manyquestions because: wrong use of a word

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Wow.... are you serious?
You're joking I hope. I can't tell if it's a veiled attempt at humor. If you're being funny, then: Lol!
edit on 16-3-2011 by 2manyquestions because: wrong use of a word

Seriously! It states "successful" in my cut and paste copy both in your original and what I quoted after the second page was created. I remember thinking when I read your original, "Oh, they must have meant to state stressful, but maybe not." So I just went with the original diction.

PS Lets not dwell on this? This could get distractingly digressive. You can pm me about it if you like.
edit on 16-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: Added PS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Sorry I disagree, I see your point but drug abuse is STILL drug abuse. It doesn't matter where you work.

How do you know this is related to drug ABUSE and not just drug USE. These are smart people, they are freaking rocket surgeons; if anyone knows how to party responsibly it is the sciencetists.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Give them a break

if you work around the clock to explore the universe
you deserve some good YAO!!!!!!

NASA ASTRONAUTS and Kennedy Space Center workers//

WINNING!!
edit on 15-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

Oh my gosh!!! This must be one of the funniest things I've read on here! You even used the term yao!

This could have been left by anyone, KSC has constant stream of "visitors".
edit on 16-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Why is it such a big deal to people when this happens? No work environment is safe from drug addiction, what just because they are NASA it's different? Not to me anyway...

Because it can also lead to rockets swirving off their course and hitting populated neighborhoods if the COKED up worker makes mistake during the assembly and preparation. Moreoever its the tax payers dollars that are wasted in BS projects which fail even despite spending billions. I know its just another work place but this is the pride and joy of the US space programs from the past, present and the future. This is one of the agencies which truely represent the capabilities of US as a nation. If we cannot control completely then atleast such agencies have all the right to have 0 tolerance for drug abuse.

Such as the recent satellite that didn't reach orbit! The were too busy doing blow and forgot to use metric measure instead of US!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Sorry I disagree, I see your point but drug abuse is STILL drug abuse. It doesn't matter where you work.

How do you know this is related to drug ABUSE and not just drug USE. These are smart people, they are freaking rocket surgeons; if anyone knows how to party responsibly it is the sciencetists.

Is that the "I'm much too educated to become addicted to coc aine" theory? Got an addiction study to back that up?

If I may ask what exactly is a "rocket surgeon?"

edit on 16-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: added text

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It's a possibility (though I don't remember doing it) that maybe initially I may have misspoken, but whether or not that's the case, it's supposed to be stressful, and that's what was intended. Hmm...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I bet coc aine has more of a positive effect during some operations than many of you would dare guess.

The 'drugs are bad' mentality is usually naive.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Is that the "I'm much too educated to become addicted to coc aine" theory? Got an addiction study to back that up?

I wish I had access to the full article, but according to this abstract, a higher IQ is correlated with better impulse control. It can be said that statistically, people with a higher IQ are less likely to become psychologically addicted. Of course high intelligence does not grant immunity to drug addiction, but yes I do have a study to back up my claims.

Selective coc aine-related difficulties in emotional intelligence: relationship to stress and impulse control.

A rocket surgeon is a sciencetist that performs rocket surgery. (duh WINNING)

None of this matters though, I was making an observation that another poster assumes the coc aine belonged to an abuser rather than a user. Then later spoke about how annoyed they are at NASA being picked on all the time. I get annoyed when people assume all drug use is abuse.
edit on 16-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
I bet coc aine has more of a positive effect during some operations than many of you would dare guess.

There is nothing medically positive derived from administering coc aine.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

I wish I had access to the full article, but according to this abstract, a higher IQ is correlated with better impulse control. It can be said that statistically, people with a higher IQ are less likely to become psychologically addicted. Of course high intelligence does not grant immunity to drug addiction, but yes I do have a study to back up my claims.

Selective coc aine-related difficulties in emotional intelligence: relationship to stress and impulse control.

You mean EQ correct? And I thought you were originally referring to level of education.

A rocket surgeon is a sciencetist that performs rocket surgery. (duh WINNING)

None of this matters though, I was making an observation that another poster assumes the coc aine belonged to an abuser rather than a user. Then later spoke about how annoyed they are at NASA being picked on all the time. I get annoyed when people assume all drug use is abuse.
edit on 16-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

rocket-surgeons.com...

Ummmm I can't find the occupation listed anywhere on the net except being a member of that rock band.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

There is nothing medically positive derived from administering coc aine.

If this were true Cocaine would not be listed as a Schedule II substance by the US Gov.

Schedule II — drugs with a high abuse risk, but also have safe and accepted medical uses in the United States.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the difference between use and abuse.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
THEY ARE WINNING!!! now with tigers blood in there veins they can colonize any planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That's a pretty big personal daily stash someone misplaced there. Kind of makes me worry about the job performance of the guy who dropped that much white powder. It happened to Eddie Gant...he lost a huge baggie, an ounce, in the toilet. Eddie was destroyed, so much so that he couldn't sell houses. He could barely speak to his supplier. Tried to buy a resupply, in the bank, with a check. He was begging, and being bitch slapped in return.

www.youtube.com...

Didn't another rocket just fail?
edit on 17-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire

Yeah, but the people that think a little coke makes you some sort of blathering idiot are obviously quite numerous here on ATS. How ironic on a site with the motto deny ignorance the opposite seems to be true.

Side effects of coc aine:

Increased blood pressure
Constricted blood vessels
Dilated pupils
Mental alertness
Increased energy
Increased heart rate
Decreased appetite
Increased temperature

The only one there that would really effect job performance would be "Mental alertness" which seems to be a pretty positive thing for people working at NASA, wouldn't you say?

It's funny when people go on and on about how the government lies to us, then turn around and regurgitate stuff about what a terrible and unproductive person you become if you use drugs.

edit on 17-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join